main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok i now think there are enough of us watching this to have it's own thread.

Ok so if you have seen this or haven't seen it. i has to be one of my favorite guilty pleasure shows that i watch.

I will admit, season 1, was a at times formulated, however mid-season 2 and onward...season 4 was as Lego puts it EPIC! 4 & 5 have been my favorites thus far.

It is just a fun show...about two brothers who are demon, ghost, vampire, warewolf, insert nasty creature hunters. It is just plain fun.

Season 6 starts on 9/24....Lego you going to finish up season 5 in time???!!!!

2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Just killed disc one last night..three more to go! We can do it, we can do it!!!! [face_skull]

I just love how season 5 is a Lost reunion!!! Are we spoiling here? Should I keep my trap shut?[face_thinking]

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    If you spoil highlight it.

Well you are MORE than welcome to our little party we are having...sarah is driving up. last time we had cheeseburgers and fries in honor of Dean...not sure what we will have this time.

I will tell you I LOVE LOVE the addition of Castiel. He totally kicks-a$$

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    And Jacob as Lucifer...brillant...just does an amazing job.

5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Wow! This highlighting things is pretty cool. It's kind of like RMFF invisible ink!!

I think Castiel is such a badass too!! I can't wait to see the final showdown between Dean and Sam!!![face_skull]

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i will not say a word...however...Jarad Padalecki does a really great job in the last episode...it was SO cool.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    That last episode just killed me!!! Gah! Is it the 24th yet?

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    soon, we need to get this thread hopping!!! JOC let's get to it!

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We can post Jensen Ackles Pic spam!!! [face_skull]

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] nonono hehehe maybe a little, but seriously. we are always telling everyone how great the show is...besides the hotness factor, why do you like it?

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    About how the story revolves around the boys' relationship. They might be polar opposites of each other, but when it counts they do the right thing.... and then there's Jensen Ackles... [face_love]

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok i have to admit...season 6 was a bit of a mystery to me, however now that we are getting into the meat of things i have some theories.

SO spoilers here yah or nay?

so for now i will black them out....

1. I don't think Sam knows what he is doing...i mean it was like a switch went off in his head last week hen the vamp was giving Dean blood. like ooh let's watch then HOLY CARP i need to save my brother!

2. do you think that an alpha drug sam out of hell...the thing is whatever drug him out brought Gramps back too...so it has to be REALLLLLY powerful.

and am i right that the vamp alpha was the doctor from BSG?

thoughts opinions?

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Don't really remember the vamp alpha too well. Gonna have to watch it again. But I disagree with Sam not knowing what he's doing. I think he knows perfectly well what he's doing, and doesn't really care. But also knows that other people (Dean, and probably gramps) will care and get on his case so he's not letting his sociopathic self show through. Sam always was the super smart guy and seemed to be good at keeping things hidden from Dean later in the series. I think he's manipulating everyone and has some kind of goal in mind.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hmmm man that would be messed up if he did...

so do you think that he lost part of his soul?

15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, you guys finally did it. :p I had given this show a try a long time ago... I realize now it must have been back at the very beginning of season 1, as it was the episode with Amy Acker. I thought it was ok, but it didn't really grab me enough and I never watched more.

I kept hearing you guys talk about it (not to mention all the gushing over pictures at Starfest last year :p) and I was bored the other weekend... so I decided to give it another try. This time I started at the beginning and kept watching. And I've got to say, I'm mostly enjoying it so far. I really like the characters, their development and the ghist of the storyline. My only reservation so far is that I actually don't like horror or being frightened, and some of the scenes are a bit much for me. But aside from that, it's good stuff.

I'm a fair ways through season 2 now; I just watched the episode "Heart". Very powerful, but sooooo sad!!!! I cracked up watching "Tall Tales". [face_laugh]

Anyway, thanks for the spoiler precautions above. It will take me a little while to get caught up and I appreciate being able to peak in the thread safely. I already know some spoilers through either general geek knowledge or accidentally running into them in fanfiction, but I'm trying to cut down on them.

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    :p

Need to get my hands on season 3...

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Gah! Just finished season 2. Now I really need season 3. :oops:

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!!!

actually T i was the same way...i mean i am a big baby about being scared and gross stuff. however the story is wonderful and yeah i admit that i started watching it because of jensen ackles. he's hot...and it was on after smallville.

I have to say that s4 and s5 have been my favorites...

i am glad you are on board...it is one of my favorite shows...hehehe

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oy! TNT runs syndicated reruns twice a day. If only I had thought to check a bit over a week ago, I could have recorded season 3. The season 3 finale is tomorrow morning. *sigh* Oh well, at least I will have season 4 and 5 recording going forward.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    T netflix?

I would loan ya mine....but it would be cheaper to buy them. Re are 17-ish right now at amazon.com for the holiday. They are normally $35 or so.

22. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Yay! No spoilers!

T, "Heart" about killed me....

I just started season 3.

The lore is so accurate, I often know what they're dealing with before the guys figure it out. "Tall Tales" being a prime example. :D

I'm enjoying the cleverness of the guest casting.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nnay, thanks, you are so sweet. Thanks. Yeah, I saw that both season 3 and 4 were inexpensive on amazon. Didn't realize it was because of the holidays. Think I will check costco first to see if they happen to have it in stock (instant gratification!) and then hit amazon if not.

QHM - oh, cool! I didn't realize we were roughly at the same place! It will be great to have someone else watching through the same episodes at roughly the same time. Yeah, 'Heart' was so painful! I felt like bawling, mostly for poor Sam but also for Dean, who wanted so much to be able to protect his brother from hurtig like this.

I'm not familiar with the full variety of lore they've covered, so I didn't know how much was accurate. I thought Hollywood Babylon was cute though, with the theme of putting accuracy into popular entertainment. I wonder of a lot of that episode might have been something of an inside joke... minus the actual bad stuff happening of course.

24. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Yeah, I agree about "Heart." I like the one before it, "Roadkill," too.

I know a lot about mythology, folklore, occult -- like the Winchesters, I know enough to be dangerous. :D I appreciate the research. It makes me happy to see things done right -- just like when X-Files used to hit the nail on the head.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yay for quick! I ordered s2 and 3 this morning, and just got the notice that thy have been shipped. Hopefully the transit time won't be too long!

nnaydolem likes this.