main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The spoiler has nothing to do with Cas... but it was still traumatizing.

And I don't know why I seek spoilers. I see them and have to click. :(

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    seek help...LOL it must be a demon making you do it! LOL

THAT reminds me, i wonder if we will ever see the little kid who was the demon-child and ran away because he was scared.

3. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    And done! Started watching with season one the day after Starfest, and today I am fully caught up through season six. Whew... what a ride it's been (on The Road So Far), but I made it. Just in time for the season finale too (bonus).

Let's hope that [face_praying] :
    1. Bobby survives
    2. Cass survives

I'd throw some "good lucks" to Sam and Dean, but seeing as they die and are resurrected all the time, screw it. They can fend for themselves. :) As for the good 'ol King-o-Hell, well... I like Crowley, I really do. But, he is one of them "evil sons of [expletive deleted]", so I'm trying not to get me hopes up.

After this, I'll be stuck in the same boat as everyone else, having to actually wait for a new season to come out.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    wohahahaha ONE OF US!

I LOVE Mark Sheppard...now you can see part of the excitement at Starfest every time i passed him. i would say hehehe it's the king of hell!

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    The King of Hell really loved the R2 had Jana made for me :D He pointed it out to the other celebrities sitting there and said it was awesome.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

[face_love] he really was an awesome guest!

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Congrats on getting caught up in time!

Also to specify on the spoiler policy:
    - spoilers are not just current/future episodes; please hide even past stuff. This is because we have people new to the series join us from time to time and want them to feel safe to come in here.
    - when you do highlight a spoiler, it's nice to put a brief reference ahead of it so people know what time period it covers. That way those of us who are caught up but don't want current spoilers can stay safe too.

So, I've had a number of speculation points churning in the back of my mind, but have been too lazy to write them up. Guess today is he last day! Will have to post during spare moments today.

I'm actually not getting to see the finale tonight! :eek: m taking my mom to see the new Pirates movie. What conflicting timing!

Speaking of timing, TNT just finished airing season 5, like literally 12min ago. Having rewatched episodes... Gotta ask, just how many times now has Dean referred to Cas as a kid??

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    What she said. :D

I finished my ST writeup for 6.20 at about 2:00 a.m. The bummer is that it won't be out till late June. :(

Poor Cas. (I did mention the kid thing in my writeup. "So Cas the child is running to God the father to see if he's doing the right thing. This is why he's reaching out to something greater than himself to try to see if what he's doing is right, but entities with free will don't get the luxury of divine reassurance.") I also love the way the narrative was structured.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ARE YOU READY FOR TWO HOURS OF SUPERNATURAL?!

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    My initial reaction to the finale is something I cannot post here or I will surely be banned. :(

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I kept thinking about that, too. I'm assuming not, although next season is wide open....

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Uhm, yeah, me too. The only other sounds that come are not so much actual words as guttural communications of a primal nature.... [face_hypnotized]

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.... :_|

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

worse PART ever!!!!

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm very carefully NOT looking in this thread... because I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE FINALE!! :_| Things with my mom have calmed down, but last night and tonight were the first nights I was home at any remotely reasonable time. And both nights I was/am too tired to guarantee two hours. Sleep, how I crave thee. So I'm waiting for tomorrow night. Oy!! :eek:

16. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I have never seen a single episode of this show. If I ever get around to getting Netflix, it does sound like a good marathon type of event, though.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think it is. And I also think it's crack, so be careful! You might get addicted!

18. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Then I'll put it on my list of things to do: Get on Netflicks so I can have another list

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You should definitely add this to your list. It is crack, no doubt about it, but just think... once you start watching, you can join us in our insanity here. :D

I watched the first hour of the finale last night. Ouch. Painful, and sadly I am sure it's only going to get worse. I'm going to sit down to watch the last hour now.

Before I do so, I wanted to quickly jot down a few of the random thoughts I had last week before the finale aired. I'd meant to do it on Friday, but then the whole thing with my mom and the hospital happened. I'm sure I've forgotten half the points by now, but here are a few I do remember:

They were replaying season 5 on TNT and I caught several episodes from the end of that season while at the gym. One scene was of Cas sleeping in the back of the car, and the comment about angels not sleeping. I hadn't really made any connection before, but at this point it occurred to me to wonder about the situation with soulless-Sam. I'd always assumed that his not sleeping was something to do with lacking his soul. ('Cause yeah, it had been a whole couple of weeks since I'd seen season 5 at that point, and my memory is like that fish from Finding Nemo.) I mean, Sam was vessel for Lucifer. Sam was sprung from the cage, and weird stuff went wrong... given 5.20, now it's not entirely clear to me exactly what or how. Could there be some connection there with the not-sleeping thing? Or is it just a coincidence, or a mundane connection rather than something sinister?

So just what was the deal with soulless Sam? When it was supposedly Crowley who sprung him, it wasn't hard to believe that something went wrong. But Cas? I couldn't tell whether Cas was lying or not when he protested Sam's accusation about doing it on purpose. I can't believe, even after everything, that Cas would do it on purpose. And yet, it does seem a very bad coincidence that Sam's soul was missing while all these other soul shenanigans were going on. But on the other hand, when there was a chink in the wall, Sam's memories did appear to be of the cage. Of course, he had to have been there for at least a little bit before Cas got him out, so... o_O

How did Cas get Sam out? If it were so easy to get someone out, why the long involved process with the seals before? Is the cage, like, not so heavily locked now? And why haven't the boys worried about this point yet?

What were my other ponderings? Drats, I can't remember now.

I wish they would bring back Gabriel. That's mostly random, but I do. The actor was in some commercial on TV the other day, playing on a different screen at the gym while I was watching the show. For a second I saw him and I was like, oh! Gabriel! And then realized no, it wasn't the same. :(

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmm. For me, I would say almost the worst part. Very bad, definitely, and very close. But I think Dean on the edge of tears over Sam tops it. Just because, you know, it's Dean. And Sammy. Dean unable to help Sammy. Yeah. Cas telling Dean that he didn't have family was pretty close too.

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Huh. So, I'm not really sure what to make of this. To be honest, it really is not the direction I thought the show was going to go.

Spoilers for finale:

I thought for sure that Cas was a goner, only not in the way it happened. I thought he was going to be killed off, pulling some kind of hail mary that would keep Sam and Dean alive, but still leaving them in a troublesome cliffhanger. The only real spoiler I saw before watching the finale was the Twitter news that CW listed Misha on the credits for next season. So after that, I figured Cas couldn't stay as he was, but maybe he would somehow... I don't know, lose his powers completely or something. I mean, Dean made all those comments about him being a 'baby in a trench coat'. It made me wonder if it might be foreshadowing somehow. Somehow I just wasn't expecting him to turn all-powerful dark side. It's kinda weird.

Sammy!!!!! :_| :_| [:D]

On a related note, how did Sam get from Bobby's place to the showdown location? I mean, he was having understandable trouble holding it together.

Dean!!!! :_|:_|

Car!!!! :eek:[face_worried]

Cas...?? o_O Oh, and on another related note... I'd like to point out that all this investigative/impersonating skill was learned from Dean. And planning ahead to switch the purgatory-door-opening-blood? That sort of trick is also the type he learned from Dean. I wonder though. Cas had to have planned ahead for that swap. But did he plan it for the sake of Crowley? Or, and I think this more likely, was the ruse planned for Dean, and just turned out very handy when Crowley brought Rafael?

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Spoilers for finale:

Ok, so a question. Is Cas at the end (arguably more overboard than he was before the ritual) a result purely of 'absolute power corrupts absolutely', or could it have some influence from the type of power? Certainly there's a lot of the former, but I wonder if the source of the souls could have some part in it as well. Presumably the souls from purgatory are all/mostly monsters. We've seen that 'monsters' can be good, bad, or neutral. But I think it wouldn't be totally unreasonable to think that a larger percentage are bad than are good. Could this have some sort of effect on Cas?

Next question. How are we going to last until next fall????

23. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Well... good questions. Let's see:

I don't see any big reason at present to believe that the overall "quality" of the soul is the important or indeed a contributing factor. It seems to be souls in general that are valuable, and as I see it, it's a question of quantity over quality. That being said, there is certainly enough latitude for the writers to take, if they wished to make "tainted souls" an issue. The troubling thing was that I found myself in agreement with Cass much of the time. Faced with the potential complete annihilation of, well everything I guess, if the Apocalypse is indeed started again, I'd have to say that Cass was justified in his initial quest. Course... now he's gone all dark side on us, which is awkward and somewhat annoying (if inevitable). I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

I have a question of my own. How can Sam and Dean especially, judge Cass (or most of them "evil sons of [expletive deleted]" for that matter) when they are constantly torturing (usually horrifically) before killing, often in cold blood, these creatures? This seems completely hypocritical to me. These guys are constantly torturing things. Granted, these are usually "bad guys", but still. Purposely inflicting pain on conscious creatures or beings in a callous manner, or worse, often taking enjoyment out of it (as our heroes constantly seem do do) anytime they need some information is the basis of ends justify the means thinking and makes me uneasy. Bothered me to see Jack Bauer do it in 24, bothers me to see Sam, Dean or Bobby doing it (not to sound like a bleeding heart).

Dean blasts Cass for claiming that the ends justify the means with going after Purgatory. Meanwhile, Dean has absolutely no problem with traveling back in time and killing a phoenix who, by all evidence, was simply enacting justice upon his wife's rapers/killers. But Dean needed the ashes to stop the Mother, so the ends justify his means. Bothers me. On what moral high ground can Dean condemn the actions of Cass?

And yes, waiting until next season will be tough.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I agree. I have issue with Dean get all over Cass's case about things. YES it was NOT the right decision, however Cass HAS done so much for them....i think it was the fact that the souls are from monsters so to speak. they are tainted and not well right. I miss it already!!

but hurray for season 7!!!![face_dancing]

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I think it's interesting how the less power Cas had, the more human he was. (Like when we jumped forwards in time, he completely succumbed to vice) And the more he has the less human he is.