[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    There has been talk of it, i am not sure exactly when it is coming out. I realllly hope they get someone that sounds like the guys to do the voices. THAT will bug the crap out of me.

ALSO there are comic books...i have the ones that deal a bit with Papa...they had to go back and change the lore how he got the car though. LOL which i love that they are paying that much attention to things...i will tell you...the fans out there are CRAZY!!!! oh wait iam one of them.
  2. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    It bugs me when anything gets mispronounced, alas....

My dear, I was writing fan fiction before it was called fan fiction! :p
  3. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I read that it was coming then, and separately had another friend mention the date. The stuff I read said the anime woiluld have same voice actors used to dub the live action show (in japan I think?) So the voices will be familiar for then, but I don't know how it will sound to us. I'd guess it would be hard to get used to. Im sure we will at least check it out, though.
  4. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. This show would have tanked without the characterization of the boys and the relationship(s) with their father. When will the world learn that horror, as a genre, is an extrapolation of the internal? I mean, really, Whedon knows, Neil Gaiman knows, Alan Moore knows, Chris Carter kinda knew, but then he blew it. I love smart horror -- that means not slasher flicks, but genuinely scary stuff that makes the viewer/reader think. There's a lot of smart in this show (Christmas show excepted). But without caring about the characters and what happens to them, it's not going to impact the viewer. We care about Buffy and her friends, we care about Mulder and Scully, and we care about Sam and Dean.
  5. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Kripke is great...Sarah Gamble who has been on board as well is now at the helm during season 6. she has been the one behind a lot of the research. ON the DVD extras she talks about how important it is to have the research and that they do go into the backgrounds of things. :)
  6. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    What the heck does this mean?!?

"Latest Event: San Jose CA
    Delay in delivery due to external factors"
  7. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    NOOOOOO that isnt' fair!!! weather? truck broke down? Call them!!!!!
  8. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh no! I hope they get there soon, no matter what was going on.

Oh, and here's some info on the anime. I don't like how they drew Bobby, but the way the article describes him is funny. There's also a short video so you can hear what they sound like.

As for the 'research' they do, I think they get the general idea from historical/folklore, however they do take a lot of liberty when it comes to some of these supernatural creatures. Season 4 and 5 is worse from a biblical perspective... there were so many little things that bugged me in that.

Anita, I'm taking it you might be interested in a Supernatural Rec list then?
  9. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok that anime was cool!!! They better do it in English!!!!!!!!

That or they are going to have some pretty pissed off fans out there!!
  10. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know!! This is the post office, sonthey are supposed to have this whole 'neither rain nor snow...' motto. It is not like they can't find my house. I can't imagine that amazon required a signature - if they did, I will be ticked. Otherwise... Maybe a tree came down acrossthe road going into the canyon and they weren't able to get in to deliver??

JGoC, I'm interested in recommendations too.
  11. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sarah's Supernatural FanFic Rec list...

Firstly, Supernaturalville is a great site that's got a small group of writers on it. Most are outstanding.

Author: BigPink
    -all her stuff is pretty good. She's not active anymore, which is sad, but the stuff that's on her site is all gold. My favorites are Red and Old Rebel Yeller.

Author: Reading
    -wrote a series of stories she calls Strangers and Angels. I'm not usually for the type of story she usually writes, but they were just so well done, and the characters so real I loved them. First one in the series is Strangers and Angels. And it's been a while since I've read her stuff, I just saw she had a Criminal Minds/Supernatural cross over! I know what I'm doing tonight!

The Brotherhood AU: A group of writers created this AU. If you're into alternate universe stories, this one is amazing. They've worked the King Aurthur legend into Supernatural. It's extremely large though, and there's a huge number of stories that have been written for it. The web page introduces the universe to you, and also has a list of the stories in chronological order. I have't read any of this series for a while now and I'm a little nervous about how much I've got to catch up on. Plus I'll need to reread some of the others to refresh myself on everything.

Ok, I'll post more for you all, but I've got to go through all my links and kinda refresh myself about what I've read. It's been a while for some of these fics since I've read them. Oh, and then there's this story.... It's mine. I don't know if it's any good, but after Zoo beta'd it she expressed an urge to watch Supernatural. Don't know if she did or not though.
  12. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    T did your DVDs come in yet?
  13. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes. :D Thank goodness. It turns out the post office mis-routed the package. "External factors"... hah.

I'm up through the dreamwalking episode so far.
  14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

wouldn't that be INTERNAL factors? hehe good! i told Anita this, but season 3 is short because of the writers strike so it sort of ends all of a sudden...but it is still good, especially with the time they had to work in.
  15. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved that dream episode! (Hey, Kripke, your influences are showing! ;))

I finished season 3 last night -- it did end kind of abruptly, but with the strike it's understandable, and they still did a good job.
  16. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

AHHHHHHH SEASON 4!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    You're a bit ahead of me, QHM. Unfortunately I'm headed out and won't get to watch any episodes at all today. Sad. At least I have season 4 here and waiting for when I hit this abrupt season 3 ending.
  18. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think I'll get to watch any today, either. And I'll probably have to slow way down, what with everything I need to get done this month....

Of course, I say that, and at some point nnay will get a frantic text about getting season 5....
  19. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i have it loaned out to someone and i told her last nite you better get to it i have someone who is mid-season 3...so now i will text her and tell her you are starting S4.
  20. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I just realized we're going to miss SPN this Friday nnay. I guess we can watch it on Saturday?
  21. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

Oh yeah I had already planned it! Hehehehe
  22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok i posted this to FB but in case you missed it.

WARNING..there is a slight spoiler on the cover, but it IS an on going theme, which if you are in season 3 you have already gotten the clue this is an issue. (alison that is why i didn't tag you on FB with the pix hehe)

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/nnaydolem/tvguidecover.jpg]
  23. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Shiny. Not gonna click so I don't see the spoiler.

I had a heinous day yesterday, so I watched three in a row. Met Castiel; knew exactly what he was as soon as Dean tried shooting him. He looks terribly familiar -- once again, Kripe's influences are showing. I'll bet real dollars that not only does he read comics, but I could tell you which ones. :D

I was just beginning to wonder if we were going to get back to how Mary knew Azazel. Loved Mitch Pileggi as Mary's father. Yay, metaphoric metacasting!

When are these boys going to learn that they shouldn't keep secrets from each other, much less lie to each other (Sam, I'm looking at you)?
  24. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    season 4...my favorite...hehehehehe. :)
  25. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going to have to slow way down so I don't run out!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby