main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
  2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Duck_Nation

I have a Frankenfurter duck from last December's white bantha that I really don't need....

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I love some of those ducks!!

thanks for the info Q!!

i love Supernatural fans...we are a creative bunch![:D]

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep, very creative. And don't forget the actors too, who are cool enough to come up with this stuff and play along! :D

So, it turns out that twitter wasn't really Sera Gamble but rather a tongue-in-cheek imitator. Still a funny quote, though.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I forgot all about posting these, eep!

6.20: http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=2008

6.21: http://www.sequentialtart.com/article.php?id=2024

6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    They wouldn't. To protect from non-coporeal spirits, the salt line needs to go all the way around. That actually reall bugged me in the mannequin episode.

Sounds like you had fun, at any rate. :)

7. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, that makes more sense to me. I don't mind if they take a little literary license during the show to make things flow better, as long as I know that's what happened. Does that makes sense?

Less than 3 weeks!!!

My mom has now watched up through 1.10. It's really interesting to watch with someone completely new to the show. There was a lot I didn't know about the story when I started watching, but being in fandom in general I couldn't help but pick up some general spoilers along the way. For example, I knew that the thing that killed their mom was a demon. But my mom doesn't know anything, except for having watched two episodes of season 6. It's really interesting to hear her come up with theories about everything.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *ROTFML* Ghostfacers meet Castiel. OMG, where did this come from? Is it an extra on the DVDs that I didn't notice? I'm not normally a big Ghostfacers fan, but this was freaking hilarious! [face_laugh]

Oh, guess I should mention... this technically contains spoilers for the beginning of Season 4, if you don't know who Castiel is.

9. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    ONE WEEK!!!!! [face_dancing]

(Well, plus one day at work.)

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

[face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]
    [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_cowboy]save a horse ride a winchester!!!!!!

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Spoilers for 7.01

OMG!!!! I know the writers have done many cruel things before, but how could they do this???? How could they torment us with 30 seconds of the real Cas, back to normal, repentant, and Dean caring and helping... and then yank it away like that???? It's too cruel!!!!

I'm thinking the leviathans took control briefly earlier, at the senator's offices. Cas woke up (more) bloody, and everyone was dead in pools of blood with their throats slit. And the brief security camera shot that Dean saw - that creep smile wasn't God!Cas.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I agree with you T...about the Senator's office thing. Tell ya what, it was BRILLIANT! Rewatching right now...:) have to say this had the intensity of a season 4 of 5, which i am happy about. NOT saying i won't BUY season 6, but it wasn't my favorite.:)

Favorite lines.

Trench coat on a tortilla.

The stained glass was a nice touch...

and of course the woman who was describing 'God' "we all saw him, no beard, no robe, he was young and sexy...
    [face_laugh] well HE IS!

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    and Mark Sheppard and Mark Pellegrino in the same episode...OH HAPPINESS!

15. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    Totally didn't occur to me that the new season was ready upon us. Missed the premier, so I'll have to get caught up.

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    YOU MISSED IT?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: [face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    and you call yourself a fan!!!! [face_talk_hand]

btw i just posted this on FB ANOTHER reason to watch Supernatural!! NBC Orders 'Epic Adventure Thriller' From SUPERNATURAL Creator Eric Kripke and J.J. Abrams http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/nbc-revolution-jj-abrams-eric-kripke/

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. That sounds like quite a team. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for it.

So, Mr. I-didn't-realize-the-new-season-was-starting... are you caught up yet? Hmmm? :p

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I totally agree, on both points. :_|

According to legend, Gabriel helps God slay the Leviathan. Leviathan is a primordial sea monster, not unlike Tiamat. Kind of a dragony thing, and shiny, or glowy, or something like that.

I have a feeling this Sam thing is going to get way worse before it gets better. I'm wondering if Lucifer hitched a ride back with Sammy's Soul.

I loved how Death got all up in God!Cas's face and didn't back down. And yay for Death's pickle chips!

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Holy crap crap crap!!!!!!!!! That's all I'll say!

Did you know guy normbee does a podcast? I'm listening tomorrow.

http://m.blogtalkradio.com/mediablvd/2011/10/01/winchester-radio-hello-cruel-world-episode-discussion

On iPhone sorry about link!

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    YIKES!!!!!

I CANNOT believe they did that. I can only hope/assume that Bobby will turn out to be ok - I mean, it's Bobby! At this point surely they won't kill him off. I know Dean said that they could never get a break, but I can't believe they would off Bobby. But even so... Bobby's house???? :_|

Wow, Jared did an amazing job portraying unstable!vulnerable!Sam in this episode. Poor Sam! And Jensen did an equal job with Dean and the cracks in his "I'm-okay wall" when finding Cas' coat, especially dealing with Sam in the warehouse and then looking for Bobby at the yard.

Last week I originally assumed there were only a few Leviathans, but now I'm not so sure. I wonder how many we're dealing with? And the Boss Leviathan? My guess is that it is still possessing Cas. Seeing an explody-goo-underwater moment and finding the trenchcoat aren't enough to convince me that Jimmy Novak's body is gone. Combine that with the mention of a "Boss", and it seems quite likely that Leviathan!Cas will be back to cause Dean and Sam more angst at the least favorable moment sometime later this season.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    T i was thinking along the same lines you were/are about Cass.

i tell you what...season 7 thus far has blown s6 out of the water!

yes i understand coming back from s5 and growing pains moving from moving Kripke to Gamble, but i am really hoping that these first two episodes have set the standard for the season...if so this will NOT be the last season, not that i think it will be anyway, but the quality is just been awesome this season.

i have more thoughts as soon as i put them together. :)

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    listening to Guy Norman Bee right now!

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, I've been putting some thought into this last episode. I really didn't think Dean was going to do what he did at the end of the episode, but now that I think about it I can see why. Let's go over what's happened to him recently... Cas, someone who was a friend and supposedly did the right thing most of the time, went off the deep end, tried to be God, failed and ended up bring more evil into the world. Sam, who has been messed up for a while now, has lied to him, lost his soul and lied to him some more, is going crazy as well, and is hallucinating Satan. He even had a gun pointed at Dean thinking he wasn't real. So I can see why Dean's not trusting anyone else's judgment but his own. Over the course of the series, he's only made a couple of bad decisions (besides boinking random chicks, the drinking and putting himself in bad situations) that have had catastrophic results (trading his soul for Sam's, mind wiping Ben and Lisa are the two biggies I can think of). For the most part his intuition has served him well and if Cas, or Sam had listened to him at all then things might have gone very differently. At this point he's probably feeling pretty hopeless, when he has tried to fix something, something worse seems to emerge even if it really isn't his fault. So he's reverting to his more base instincts... monsters are bad and must die. So when his 'crazy' brother told him to trust him, Dean told Sam what he wanted to hear, then went out and took care a problem he figured wasn't going to go away no matter how bad Sam wanted to think it would. I think Dean will have some time to think about what he did and will feel guilty about it(if the previews for next week are any indication this will probably play a large role in what's going on).

On a different note, I want to know why Bobby dissapeared between the time his house burned down and him showing up at the hospital. There was no explanation at all. It makes me a little concerned. Now it could just be my crazy imagination, but what if Bobby, isn't Bobby? The Leviathans have shown they are more than capable of pretending to be the person whose body they took over. What if that happened to Bobby and he's just keeping tabs on the boys?? [face_worried] I really hope I'm wrong on that one, but I could see the merits of that happening as a plot device. Dean would really loose it, Bobby's just about the only guy he can trust at this point.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    More on 7.03:

Yeah, I can see some of what you're saying, JGoC. While I don't necessarily agree with his decision, I can see why Dean would think it's the better course of action at this point. However, what bothers me even more is the way he lied to Sam about it. After everything the boys have been through the past few years, all the lies, deceit, pain, mistrust, it seemed like they were finally going to get back to an honest relationship. But the way Dean said 'I have to start trusting you sometime' and then turned around and did this anyway? It's right back to square one, saying both that he doesn't trust Sam and Sam can't trust him. It left me thinking that Dean's take-home message was that he'll look after Sam and doesn't want Sam hurt, but there isn't any trust or honesty either direction in the relationship. It's not that I don't appreciate Dean's position here being hard. He must have felt strongly that it was the only thing to do, but at the same time he knew Sam couldn't deal with it. But I think it's not only going to come back to bite them, but it's sign that it's just not getting better enough between them.

Yikes, I hadn't considered that option with Bobby! I should have, but I was so sure they wouldn't off him that I didn't think of other scenarios. I can only hope that it's a Giles-season 7 situation, where they'll make Deadn suspect it but have it turn out to really be Bobby. Myself, I thought that either Bobby saw them coming and got out, or else had gone to check on Sheriff Mills. He did say that he would be by her house later when he got her in the cab.

There were some cute parts to this episode, but overall I didn't feel it was as strong as the first two this season. It felt sort of like they tried to cover too much in it - from the hospital to the cabin to an entire case complete with flashbacks - and as result it felt to me like the main story between Sam and Amy was too rushed.