[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    ok i have to agree...i was SO mad at dean it wasn't even funny. i just KNEW he was going to do it. he is so self-righteous sometimes...i get why, but i don't like it!!
  2. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Part of an email from my sister this morning:

Thank you so much for supernatural now i have another addiction I should punish you or thank you i am sure which one at this point. :)

:D
  3. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    The news show didn't mean "Pizza Man Pulls Ahead" to be a Supernatural reference, but that's where my mind jumped.
  4. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy Supernatural Friday! New episode tonight!
  5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    I know I will be branded a blasphemer for saying so, but I just have to get this off my chest. I feel that the past 3 seasons have all had a really slow, redundant, arguably lame start to them!

There I said it!! :eek:

...they always get better, but I still worry....
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    really? I think 4 & 5 were the best and that S7 has started off with a BANG! i give you S6, but that is the only one...
  7. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Hm, I'm probably not a good judge. Season 7 is the first time I've watched the premiere live - all others I was catching up on DVD or such. Being able to blow through episodes at as fast a pace as I wanted, any sense of one part or another being slow probably wouldn't register as much with me.

I do have to admit this last episode felt a bit slow. It was a good character piece, but didn't necessarily drive the larger plot-arc forward.
  8. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Have you guys seen the deleted scene Jared uploaded earlier today? No real spoilers (even by my standards), and it's hilarious!
  9. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i am sitting in the omaha airport and i just watched that and I laughed OUTLOUD. :) ha ha ha ha ha!

i am sure there are enough people that would help sammy stretch his groin for him.[face_shhh]
  10. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    As of last night I am finally caught up.

The season opener had so much in it it was like a season finale! Not a slow start IMHO.

So far I've liked what I've seen -- other than the misuse of Osiris; Ammit or a Fury would have been more fitting. Also, I want to kick Dean in the junk. HARD.
  11. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just FYI... I really like my new halloween icon...
  12. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
  13. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    Got a chance to go back and read comments on 7.03.

I might be able to agree with where Sarah thinks Dean is coming from except Dean let the kid go! He's completely doomed that kid to grow up without his mother's guidance to help him fit in with humanity the best he can, and he's completely undermined his own 'Dean logic' of monsters = bad. I'm in agreement with T on this one. And this falls back to Dean's double standard that Sam has to be 100% straight with him, but he can hold onto whatever secrets he wants to. Sorry, Dean. Not buying. The Tart article on this episode gets kind of epic....

7.04 I liked, other than what I said above; I think we needed a character piece, and I liked ghost Jo. I think we're hitting a theme, here. C'mon, karma!

I LOVED 7.05, but I would watch James Marsters read a phone book. [face_love] No problems just letting witches go, eh, Dean? Hypocrite.

Going back to 7.01 (I missed the Tart deadline on that one -- thanks for being so crappy, RL), that was like a freaking season finale, so much happened, IMHO, and I always like seeing Death.

As for 7.02, I agree that the head Leviathan is still in Jimmy's body -- if I say Novack, I just think of Rorschach, which I'm sure is the reference -- and Cas isn't DEAD dead.

Who the hell drove the van with Sam in it to the warehouse (whose door, BTW, said "Morningstar Endeavors")? I think Lucifer is more than just a hallucination, but I don't think he has any real power or he'd be doing more than messing with Sam. And thanks, Dean, for effectively turning Sam into a cutter with your 'pain' soultion....

The destruction of Bobby's house/library horrifies me. I knew Bobby was fine (and no, I don't think he's a Leviathan), running away or setting up something else and not able to answer his phone, but the BOOKS!
    :_|
  14. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Huh. When I saw the title of this episode, "Slash Fiction", I have to confess I was really expecting something different... o_O
  15. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think a lot of people were thinking the same thing. I think it was some kind of homage to 'Pulp Fiction' and they just put the slash there instead, thinking it was more like a slasher type film... but then they knew what the fans would think. So they probably did it to torment everyone.
  16. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, I am sure they knew exactly what the fans would think! This isn't to say it wasn't a good episode. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Ok, so why are there no Sam or Castiel icons for Halloween? Hmmm?
  17. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Decent episode last night. Nothing super special, but it was cute at times.

One point that jumped out at me was Sam's confrontation with the store owner. He really didn't hesitate to kill the guy, and it didn't seem to bother him afterwards. It's such a contrast to early-seasons Sam, and makes me kinda sad.

And you know what else made me sad? No Impala!

18. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

i agree....i think that with how things have happened...i mean it was either the store owner or Dean & Mel...and can i just say it was really nice to hear Dean yell MELODY, he sd Melody, not Melanie. :)
  19. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that Sam shooting the storekeeper was supposed to flip the switch for him to think that Dean was right to kill Amy. But it wasn't right to kill Amy; the circumstances were totally different -- the shopkeeper was not only going to take out Sam if he could, but was in the process of attempting to kill Mel and Dean (since Dean was there). Amy was not presenting an imminent danger to anyone. First time I've yelled at Sam in a long time, except wen I'm telling him to punch Dean....

I hope they follow up on that Ellen thing.
  20. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree, I think the point of it was to allow Sam to start to change his thinking on the situation with Amy. I think one of the things that I liked about this episode was the way they dealt with the question about that situation. Previously, it seemed like a clear-cut case of Dean being wrong and inflexible. But when he said he did it because of his gut instinct... I admit it made me start to wonder just a little whether there's a chance he might have been right. I wouldn't want it to be true in this case, but we have years of examples of Dean's hunting instincts being right. And sadly, a couple of examples of Sam's instinct to trust going wrong. And then just as I was thinking this, the writers turned it around again by having Dean admit that his instincts might be wrong, being too influenced by what happened with Cas.

Yes, the Ellen thing was quite interesting! I do hope they follow up on it, and that it wasn't just a throw-away line.
  21. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been pondering lately - which plot cliches has Supernatural not done? On other shows doing such things is at least somewhat 'jump the shark', but Supernatural always seems to pull it off. Heck, they even named one of said episodes 'Jump the Shark'.

They've done: Groundhog day, previously-unknown-younger-sibling, amnesia, crossover between fandom and the show universe, body-swapping, all sorts of time travel (both to the past and to apocalyptic future), alternate universes, accelerated aging, trapped inside TV land, going crazy/mental institution, suddenly stuck with an infant to care for, being turned into supernatural creature, angels/wings, poking all sorts of fun at fans' slash tendancies, and numerous examples of death/resurrection. Any others I'm not remembering?

So what haven't they done? The list I can think of here is shorter: de-aging, gender-switch, mpreg, musical episode... ? What other common plot cliches have they not done? edit: thought of another they haven't done: hypothermia
  22. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Alison, I have a feeling you might enjoy this link.
  23. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    They haven't body-swapped main characters with each other. Uhh, yet....

The have also done, a few times, THE KILLER IS ONE OF US!, the double-cross, false identity (I refer here to the Gabriel/Loki thing, not the fake IDs), deal with the devil (although much more literally than it usually is!), special lineage (oh, yeah, Zoo found out that I'm from Clan Campbell, LOL), alternate history screwing up the present, careful what you wish for (the wishing coin, suicidal teddy bear), evil clowns, creepy kids, the Western, the Documentary, the prison episode.... I'm sure there are more.

That is a fun link. That site is a time suck -- I love how Ho Yay has its own SPN page!
  24. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    And it's a very long... detailed page too.
  25. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    It is. It's hilarious. I'm not a Wincest or slash proponent for SPN, but there is no doubt that the writers like to have some fun with it.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby