main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    We are mid s6

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I know -- I'm more worried about getting through season 4 and not being able to start season 5 right away.

THEN I'll have to figure out how to get my hands on the current season!

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    No, QHM is right. Look atthe rate we are going through the episodes. It won't take us long to catch up. And then we will be stuck, forced to wait for new episodes to air. No borrowing from friends, no shelling out money to amazon ... nothing will get us instant gratification anymore. It is a daunting prospect.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hey Lego did it...he got all caught up and now is with us in real time!! I have been watching from day 1! how do you think I felt!!!?? ha ha ha ha

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    It's not like I have anything else new to watch, either. No TV reception, no Neflix (although I hope to change that after the New Year).

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    When nnay found out I watched them too (granted from season 3 onward) she freaked out. But I had already caught up, much easier to do with only two seasons to watch.

And I know how you feel QHM. I was in the same situation in Wyoming. Watched a lot of movies and most of the Babylon 5 series.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is from the TV Guide article..NO spoilers. :)

"Our fans have been a huge part of the show. We have such a committed following," Jared Padalecki said in a statement released by the magazine. "They're keeping us alive, and they're keeping the story alive."

"We have an incredibly loyal, devoted-and aggressive-fan base. It's nice when the show can get recognized, not only for us, but for the fans as well," Jensen Ackles said. "They like to brag about the show."

"It starts with the two guys," said executive producer Robert Singer. "People love their relationship. Jared and Jensen were a perfect pairing from the beginning. Television is, more than anything, about characters, and that's what the audience initially responded to before we hit our stride with our stories."

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    HERE is the Supernatural Wiki

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I just listened to the "In the Beginning" commentary. I would like my winnings, please. :-B

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hehe i haven't even listened to all the commentary. I will say i like they way they started doing the boxes after season 4...they don't fall apart on you.

If you haven't go and watch the special on the Impala...not sure what season it was on. it is a nice little commentary on the car. i heart the car.

my new little bracelet HAS the car on it...hehehe

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    my bracelet...hehe

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/nnaydolem/3c71a5e7.jpg]

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Oh, yes, I watch all the extras. :)

I've been a fan of Kripke's influences for about 15 years now. My favorite author in the whole world is among them. [face_love]

Did you get that bracelet on Etsy? I was doing some half-hearted research on where to get some of those charms, but nothing yet. I could probably replicate Mary's bracelet fairly easily, though.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Laughing Vixen Lounge offers unique and fun necklaces and charm bracelets. We specialize in retro, horror and everything pop culture. Custom designs welcomed. *Laughing Vixen Lounge has joined www.donatejdm.org to raise money for "The Brittany Foundation". $1 from each SPN/JDM necklace and $2 from each SPN/JDM bracelet will be donated to help rescue dogs. December 1st through April 22nd.

Helping puppies is always a good thing! I got the Dean one. [face_love] hehehe It was my Christmas gift to myself. :)
    [image=http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.199939199.jpg]

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I cannot tell you have vinidcated i feel...i know that sounds silly, however i have been telling people how great this show is for years...ya just need to give it a chance. It is in my top five favorite shows of all time. Along with LOST and BSG.

i mean it is quarky and has some silly moments, but there is some great acting done...especially end of season 5, i won't give any spoilers...sarah you know what i am talking about. Sam & Satan talking to each other in the mirror...really well done.

so sorry i know it might sound silly, however it is nice to have other realize just what a great show it is. :) [:D]

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The anti-possession charm would be the only one I think would be tough to find. Obviously she made the photo charm, which I know *how* to do, but I haven't tried it yet. I did look at her stuff, and the Mary one isn't quite right; where she has a Star of David/Solomon's Seal, the show had...crap. There's a name for it.... Ah! A unicursal hexagram. Sometimes my brain doesn't multitask well....

One of the nifty things about my belief system is that I can use whatever symbols strike my fancy, and that allows me to incorporate my favorite pop culture elements into my beliefs. I'd been thinking about Buffy bracelets (I'm making one for a friend for Christmas, along with a Slayer kit), and now I'm thinking about blending some SPN elements in with some other things for me.

I was a pop culture pusher on the other side of the mountains. I got several people hooked on X-Files and Buffy/Angel and Firefly, and one of those friends I'm pushing Supernatural on, bow, too (the one I'm making the Slayer kit for, actually). I loaned out comics upon comics and videotapes upon videotapes, so I know how it feels to get other people into something you really like. :D This is quality stuff -- if I was back in college, I could easily analyse this in a literary way; it's that well done. It doesn't hurt that I love the stuff Kripke is taking his inspiration from, and have analysed that, too. [face_whistling]

Edit: Remembered a term.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i really need to read american gothic. rebecca & sarah both sd i should read it.

i am a big fan of anything joss does...and adored the xfiles...EXCEPT i didn't like the new movie...so disappointing.

i have been wearing my bracelet, which i know has a pentagram on it, but it cracks me up because i know some of my ultra-conservative friends from college would have a heart-attack. hehehe

i like it! and of course i love the pix of Dean...i can let you look at it on Sunday...oh yeah and can i get s2 & s3 from you? I will try to get s5 from my friend by then.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I didn't bother with the X-Files movie from a couple years ago. The last few seasons kinda soured me on the franchise. I'd love to go back wand watch them again now, though.

I've never read American Gothic, but I have read American Gods by Neil Gaiman ([face_love]), which Kripke mentioned in that commentary. Twice, now. And The Sandman, also by Gaiman and mentioned by Kripke, I don't know how many times. Time to read it again, I think.

Pentagrams (actually, when it's in a circle it's a pentacle) are old, protective symbols. But that doesn't stop some from believing otherwise. If those charms are really silver-plated, that's a fair price for the bracelet, too.

I'll bring S2 & S3 Sunday. :)

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    maybe that is the the book i am thinking of the author sounds the same...there is an episode in s5 that you will REALLY love, that uses the book. I will ask rebecca i am almost positive that is what it is.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it IS American Gods...ok i found this site. a lot of spn and gaiman links...i will read tomorrow when i am not on my way to bed. :)

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I will never be able to hear that song again without cracking up.

Yeah, so much for that whole slowing down thing I was going to do.... It's all crackified!

I'm not gonna click that SPN/Gaiman link for fear of spoilers, although I kinda see where the Big Story is going, I'm fairly sure.

American Gods is, to take a word from Lego, EPIC. I can't believe it's been almost ten years since it came out; I pre-ordered it and devoured it. I've given it for gifts. I'd loan it to you, but my copy is on the other side of the mountains. If I could afford to give The Sandman for gifts, I would, but comics be spendy.

The other major comic-book influence at play is Hellblazer. Gaiman wrote an issue or two, but he used the main character, John (yes, John) Constantine, in several other comic-book works, including The Sandman.

Here's John:

[image=http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/qhmotu/JohnC.jpg]
    (A pic of his action figure; yes, of course I own it.)

[image=http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p150/qhmotu/hellblazer2.jpg]

So, you see, when I met Castiel, I saw my beloved John Constantine. All that's missing is the British accent and a fag, er, cigarette. Well, and John would never work for God. Nor on the side of demons. He can't stand either, although he does have a succubus for a friend. Otherwise, Castiel is acting a lot like him, especially the way John was in the early days. Heh. John Constantine was Hellbound at one point too, but he tricked his way out of it. Classic story written by Garth Ennis called Dangerous Habits.

Okay, I'll quit metageeking, now.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Nice...i am going to have to check it out.

I have to tell you Castiel is my favorite character period. I know lego agress. Misha Collins plays him and there are sites devoted to him. Misha's Minions...hence where i got 'minions' hehehe.

I told you S4 is the best one so far...5 is just as good. 6 has been different, but man intense!

Eye of the Tiger Full version

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm through season 4 episode 1 now. I wasn't going to watch any last night (was finishing a book I'd borrowed), but then I figured... Only 1 more episode of season 3, I could watch it. Of course, being honest with myself, I knew the chance of watching the finale and NOT the premiere were nil. Exponentially.

Q, where are you now?

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    T, my "slow down" plan failed, too. I watched S4 Ep5&6 last night.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Wooahahaha! It is crack!! Hurry up you can catch up before the winter hiatus is over!!

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm worried about catching up before hiatus is over - then we will have to wait! :eek:

It would be fun to watch at more or less the same time as Q, though. That way we could discuss stuff. I had a couple of points that I was thinking abou last night, but I imagine they will be out of date for her. For example - so if 'Kristy' is Ruby... And she didn't show any surprise at seeing Dean when she opened the door, but rather played the part if the ignorant onenight stand... does this imply that theyknew already that Dean was back? Was Sam acting as well?