main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    This whole thread looks like some kind of top secret redacted government file. LOL.

This author is also pretty fun. I think she gets Dean's character right on. I'm gonna have to check out that other author's work. Haven't read any of her stuff.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OH let me text her...

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok text sent...we will see......no promises!

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    If not, no worries. Just thought I'd give it a shot. :)

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey! Do you think we are masochists? Why go looking for pain? :p All too soon we will be caught up, so we may as well enjoy it while we can. Soon enough we'll join you two for the agony of hiatus.

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, agreed. It was headed that way for quite a while. And actually... *edited to remove my naive optimism*

Which Lillith lore in particular? I know nothing of this mythology.

So I have to confess. I've been listening to nnay cheering for Castiel, and sort of wondering... yeah? So, huh? Her enthusiasm seemed disproportionate for the character so far. I expected that he had to get cooler (rather than being all rule bound and all the various names Dean calls him), and am glad to be seeing the signs of his character getting improving.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yes... Castiel becomes much much cooler. He's got some crazy humor mixed in with some badassery. Oh and ASSBUTT. That's all I have to say.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I shouldn't have been so naive. When does anything good ever come from saying "it could be worse"? :oops:

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    So, I've been having trouble with my internet all night, and finally got it working, simply to say:

GAH! FAIL! The .avi disc shows up as empty in my drive!

Needless to say, I have completed Season 4.

And this, ladies, is why you don't trust angels OR demons. They're both pure agenda. I *knew* both boys were getting played.

Lilith: in Jewish tradition, Lilith was Adam's first wife, created at the same time and in the same way he was. She demanded to be treated as an equal, and wanted to be on top during sex. Adam balked; Lilith walked. She became mother to the demons, and she's a danger to little Jewish boys. She's not named in the Bible, but there are two versions of the creation of the first woman in Genesis; the first version is her. It gets more complicated, though, because she originated in Sumeria as a wind spirit before showing up in the Old Testament, and some Kabbalistic teachings show her as being important to enlightenment -- so she's not all evil.

I expected things to get worse than they did, too, but it seems the boys were reunited quickly in killing Ruby (although her comment regarding that Sam "didn't need the feather to fly" leaves me a bit puzzled considering the withdrawals and other evidence to the contrary -- and concerned about what Lucifer might have in mind for Sam; I thought maybe he needed Sam for a vessel, but I kinda don't think so now). I have been appreciating Bobby a lot again these past few episodes, talking reason when no one else would. I do wonder whatever happened to Jo.

And it's about freaking time Castiel "manned" up. I do hope we haven't seen the last of Anna, but I kind of think we have....

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh no!!!! :eek: I'm so sorry that your avi file didn't work. :( I wish I had a way to quickly get a copy to you. My dvds arrived yesterday (and I have it on TiVo from TNT), but I don't yet know the ways of ripping and encoding. (Though I will... I have some serious music video plans for the boys. [face_mischief]) There's the old fashioned VHS tape approach, but nnay can probably get you the dvds before the mail would get a tape there.

Hehehe. Q, you and I are thinking *so* alike. It's like listening to my own pondering, delayed 2 days.

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Nnay texted me this morning that she has the DVDs, so we'll meet around lunch. *Whew!* :D I was prepared to look for "online alternatives" tonight since my Internet seems to be mostly behaving now. I'll have to see how many I can watch before I leave town, on top of all the stuff I need to get done for the holidays (which I don't even want to think about)....

Glad to know that I'm not the only one thinking such things, T.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OH no you haven't!!!!

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Lalalaaaa, not reading those spoilers, lalalaaaaa....

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The drop has been made. I will now get nothing done....

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

wooohahahahahaha I am a dealer! OK NOW that i have some other fans...here is something i want to go to so bad OMG even more than CV!!

Supernatural Convention! I just picked one...there are MANY all over the place. I REALLLLLLY want to go.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That would be fun. Alas, I doubt I have the budget....

Wait. Supernatural airs on Thursdays?! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Until this year yes. which was AWESOME! i dislike on fridays.

Oh i don't have the budget either but oh my goodness i would just be so happy. i would be giddy the entire weekend.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ah, that explains why I thought it was Fridays.

Castiel is the angel of Thursday.

Oh, crap! Samael is the poison angel, an angel of death, and is sometimes Satan. I am back to thinking Lucifer needs Sam as a vessel. Or at least as some sort of agent.... ::headdesk:: I don't know why I didn't remember that before.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Oh, got info from the Tarts on the comics:

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
  21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Is that a little nnay in the background? [face_laugh]

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Watched though S5E03 last night. T, we were right -- I do wonder how Lucifer will make his play; because he will succeed; he has to.

These boys still haven't figured out that they truly need each other to stay strong. Jebus. Makes me wanna groin-kick them both. The Castiel stuff has gotten way more interesting (and quite hilarious at times!) now that he's gone rogue. And poor Bobby! The Castiel stuff has gotten so much more interesting (and at times hilarious) now that he's gone rogue.

And OMG the fangirl stuff cracked me up -- and the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Angel" crack. Like, had-to-pause-the-DVD cracked me up.

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [minion]What?[/minion]

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    MUST HAVE!!! <---- This is the most awesome board game EVER.