main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV]-Supernatural

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 13, 2010.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    we need this for Starfest so we can play!!!!

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Surely that is nnay in the front of the Cas-fangirl-group! :D :p

3. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Err, yeah. My problem is that I am not sure which ones are safe to read and which ones are not. I assumed because I'd gotten one or two episodes into 5 that it was safe. But, er, not. o_O

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm only slightly ahead of you, Q. I'm through 5.5 now. And now that you're a few episodes into s5, I can say...

The writers were so mean! *whimper* What a terrible thing to do! I started suspecting that Sam would be the target vessel for Lucifer back a ways in s4. This was before we learned about each entity having their "own" vessel; at the time I assumed that it was something unusual about a person that made them a potential 'generic' vessel. But in any case, it seemed quite likely that Sam was Lucifer's target and that this had been the master plan all along. But then they made it look like they weren't going there! It looked like Sam was safe... angsting because of everything, but not the vessel. I let me guard down. And then BAM! Nope, no suck luck. Grr. What a trick! Damn them!

So now I'm worried on a whole other level. What if the end plan to stop the apocalypse is to ensure they can kill Lucifer? What if they end up deciding the only way they can do it is to purposefully get him in Sam, so that Dean can kill him in a controlled situation? I don't like it! :_| :_|

And yeah, Q, I'm right there with you. I'd love to smack them both upside the back of the head and shake some sense into them. How can they not understand that they need each other to stay strong, and that they are much stronger together than apart? And it isn't simply working together - working as a team doesn't cut it if the team is fractured. It's the close, true bond between them that is their strength. It reminds me of an anime I watched a long time ago... they need to be of one heart.

At least there is some humor to break up the shake-some-sense-into-them angst. A few times now I've been laughing so hard I was starting to choke. And my friend Melinda tells me that there are some even more hilarious episodes coming up.

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    So cool!!

I joined the Supernopoly community. Unfortunately, it looks like the maker has backed off from making copies at this point, due to potential copyright infringement issues. She's been contacting WB to try to get it made officially, but it sounds like it will be a long time before there is a decision one way or the other. :(

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Fic recommendation: this author has some good stuff. Her list of stories is impressively long. I've read only a few so far, and they've been pretty good. The first one I read is right along the lines of what we were talking about earlier, Q. I think it's safe to read after you've seen... 5.5, probably.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I really wanna look at these, but I'm scared of spoilers. [face_worried]

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    let me double-check...

OK don't look at set 1...i am not sure what set 3 is exactly from, but no spoilers.

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Through 5.4 now....

Thankfully Dean finally pulled his head out, even if it wasn't for quite the right reason, and called Sam to come back.

I like the way Lucifer has been presented thus far. Beautiful, truthful. Almost gentle.

You're right -- talk about the writers sucker-punching.... [face_beatup] And those gorram angels. I think that is the plan. I don't know that it will happen that way. But I think that's what the angels want. It's interesting that they've gone with the Deist sort of take on God: that He took off and doesn't involve himself. I can't remember: has Dean told Sam what the first seal was? It's a nice, if disturbing, symmetry -- Dean broke the first, Sam broke the last -- which of course plays into this vessel business (which I think only applies to angels -- demons can possess anyone). Not sure if Sam would feel better or worse knowing about it considering why Dean was in Hell to begin with.

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks; I'll probably look at them tomorrow during my lunch; I really need to get some things done today....

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

i hear ya i am needing to do dishes and the bathroom yet..*sigh*

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I need to clean the whole place, like, majorly -- but that will likely have to wait till after I get back from Nebraska. I have to get stuff wrapped, etc., before I go, and I've not been feeling so great the past several weeks.... Also, watching too much Supernatural. :p

13. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cleaning house vs Sam and Dean... gee, not really any contest there! :p

I'm in the middle of 5.9 now, and it's another die-laughing episode so far. I'm not sure it's safe to drink my mulled wine while watching.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
  15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    ^^^[face_laugh]

I got through 5.8 last night, "Changing Channels." I think I watched that whole disc too fast because I want to watch it again. There was some exceptionally funny stuff in there -- the Knight Rider thing, and the CSI (I'm of Dean's opinion about CSI) thing in particular, OMG [face_laugh], but Jebus, another gorram angel dbag; how the messenger of God evolved into a trickster asshat is a story I'd like to know. Notice it's the archangels who are saying God's gone. But they're not saying why. Do they know? Do they not know?

At least the boys seem to have come to an understanding, and it was pleasant to see a *nice* witch for a change. I still feel horrible for Bobby, and I'm glad Dean had that chat with him.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    great great episode...i watch that one when i want to laugh. :)

Theme song. When the Demons come out to play...BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Set 2 is interesting, although I would not use Ash for the Magician (they called it something else, but the # is 1). I'd use Bobby, but then they've got him in the Hermit's spot, and I'm not sure who I'd put there. Also, I wouldn't use Dean for Strength. (and they didn't use Sam -- other than coupled with Jessica -- WTH?) I'd use Tessa for Death. Ruby as the Hanged Man is an interesting choice, but I think these were done prior to the end of Season 4.

18. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Okay, gonna watch season one until I pass out tonight. Should be able to churn out at least five or six, if I dont get sucked into watching Weeds.

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Blasted through disc one, poured salt in a circle around my bed, sprinkled whiskey ( no holy water) around the doorway, and cursed a friend or two for getting me hooked on this show. All in a nights work. I say we start hunting. What say you all? I would love to light some evil crap on fire with a flare gun.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Sarah has the idea of doing a ghost hunting road trip & staying in crappy Hotels!!

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    My van seats eight, but I aint going unless we have Q. She has mad ghost whomping skillz.

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yes!!! *happy dance around the room* So happy to have you join us, M! [:D] I am totally up for it. And since you are the resident pyro of the group, I propose that we put you in charge of fire-related weapons and activities.

Seriously, if you guys ever do a road trip like this, count me in. I will fly out to join you.

Hey, so out of curiosity, will ants go after salt? Probably not, right?

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005

I do?

I mean...I do. [face_mischief] (Most of 'em aren't so pissy, but some of 'em like to mess with people; I think they're bored.)

I can hook you up with holy water if you actually want it. The Catholic church right around the corner has a big tank in the back, and I didn't burst into flame going in, so we're good.

I've also found the Catholic rite online (and I'm making moon water tonight, which is similar but y'know, Pagan).

I've never seen ants in my salt, T. I think they like sweet things.

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Cinamon will turn ants. Dont know about flesh eating ones, but the wee sugar ants wont cross it.

Lets go to New Orleans, Q!!! Can I be your apprentice? [face_love]

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Sounds like we have the beginnings of an awesome road trip.

I know my 'hunting armory' consists of some Catholic stuff I've collected over the years, including a Saint Anne Medallion with a third-class relic on it. Hmmm, now I've got to find all this. Oh, and we've got some shotguns, but they're wimpy .22's.

I'll just be the person that makes all the smart-ass remarks while hunting. That I am really good at. ;)