main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania TV thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Hey good luck with that Viceroy_NuteGunray, hope all goes well for you!

2. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I think I preferred the first series to the second. The humour was downgraded slightly in intelligence for the second series...

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Prison Break
    Lost
    The Glass House
    Bold & The Beautiful (when I'm manacled to the chair and my girlfriend is watching it)

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    The only person worth watching on that show is Massimo as he's the only guy who can act!

Anyone want me to get a shotgun to this character?

[image=http://www.sleepingangel.com/sk/images/dt_bb_update_20041118.jpg]

5. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    In tassie we just got the show 'Thank God You're Here' last night hosted by comedian Shane Bourne where they put celeberaties onto a set they know nothing about and have to make up something as they go along in relation to that set and need to use the opening line of 'Thank God You're Here.' It's absolutely hilarious. Frank Woodley was on it as a Roman general and made up this poem about Rome where they turn the barbarian's ballbags into handbags. When I first saw it on the mainland Glenn Robins (aka Russel Coight) was on it and was attending a charity ball for children without playgrounds in their backyards. The show's very funny and is definately worth watching.

6. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Indeed "Thank God You're Here" is a great show! It is a shame they have only made 10 episodes this year (and that was extended from 8 episodes).

However I am not a fan of Fifi, the Triple M person, she is annoying... Julia Zamiro on the other hand is brilliant!

7. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    Can't wait for the new series of Stargate and Stargate Atlantis, anyone know when they'll be shown on Ch 9.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I highly doubt they will be shown on channel 9, I think you mean channel 7. And yes I am also wishing they will hurry up and show season 9 of sg-1 and season 2 of atlantis (though I also assume they will show one series after the other like last time [face_not_talking])

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Why does Australian TV hate SciFi :mad: [face_skull]

I wanna see BSG season 2. Oh I've seen season 2 twice, but not legitimately :p

10. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Well, I didn't have a TV for 10 years, and I certainly didn't miss it. However, now that I'm in China with not much to do with my spare time and other foriegn teachers to take advice from, I've found there are a few decent series.

They are:
    1) Battlestar Galactica - great story, brilliantly executed
    2) Spaced - British comedy, great characters and very funny, even if I don't get the locational jokes.
    3) Firefly - great ideas, poorly executed
    4) The Black Books - another brittish comedy. Very funny, but I haven't seen enough episodes of it yet for it to rank higher.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I have only seen the first 2 discs so far, but I have to disagree. Poorly executed? I think it was done brilliantly!

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    4) The Black Books - another brittish comedy. Very funny, but I haven't seen enough episodes of it yet for it to rank higher.

Actually it's just called "black books" ;)

Anyhoo, watch them all. In my opinion it's probably one of the best comedy shows to come out of the UK, second to Father Ted, from which it drew greatly :)

13. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Agreed.

14. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Keep watching.

I thought they were amazing as well...for a while. And I still think they're great, don't get me wrong (anyway, you can see that I still rate it quite high). I just think about it in contrast to say, battlestar, and it falters a little in terms of engagement within each episode.

15. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Ah well I have not watched Battlestar, so I do not see that comparison.

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah, love that show.
    I also like Mythbusters, and Supernatural.

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So Say We All.

18. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I like star gate...soon the 2nd season of altlantis begind

19. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Does anyone on the boards watch Border Security. It's a great show because it's so interesting to see what people try to bring into the country. On the show last night they busted a guy from South Africa with statues full of heroin and they busted a woman in New Zealand with rat statues and were too full of heroin. Couple of weeks ago they busted a woman from Vietnam with drugs in the lining of her case and condoms of heroin stuffed in her you know where. It was the strong smell of coffee that gave it away to customs officials that she was hiding something.

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I know people who are in Border Security, but I don't watch it.

For me, Family Guy (> Simpsons), and Scrubs are the only things worth watching.

E_S

21. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Two Words.

Arrested Development.

22. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Cold Case
    Smallville
    House
    Simpsons
    Stargate SG1
    Scrubs

All good. Mind you, anything but Reality t.v and Mcleod's Daughters is good at the moment, so little good t.v.:_|

23. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    By the way, for anyone who didn't see it, Battlestar season 2 on channel ten. started on wednesday ... though I didn't see it myself, so I can't confirm.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    yes it was on at 11:10pm on Wednesday night.

25. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Ah, prime time sci-fi as usual then!

*head-desk*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.