main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Twelve Past Victory (H/L, H/L/L friendship, post-ANH) Updated 09-12 (FINISHED!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Moonbeam, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I think Luke was watching or reading the Secret of Nimh. Great last line.

grrr to your internet problem. Good luck.

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *wanders onto thread*

Moone?

*unravels thread* Follow the golden thread, my friends! Jeez, what was at the end of the thread?

Oh. The way out.

Oops.

3. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    :::pops in:::

:::sees no update:::

:::thwacks Moon's internet connection for being so uncooperative::: ;)

:::sees Sun's weird post and pops out of thread worriedly:::

8-}

::Windstar Out::

4. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Stupid internet difficulties....

Hope you get back online soon, Lady_Moonbeam!

5. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
  6. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    *looks around miserably*

Moone?

It's okay. I know you'll have a post for us... eventually. So I'll just sit here, waiting. Impatiently. But, ah well.

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I just read this today and was convulsing I was laughing so hard. Oh, boy. THe mint-ale things, the head-over-heels for Leia Organa, Rieekan's congo line, the one-liners, the bathroom conversation, the mirror hair boy...HEEHEE! Well done, moony, you got yourself a fan on my part!

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Love lifts us UP where we belong...

9. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen, we have a post. We have a short post, but it's the final post, and it has, afterwards, a snippet of the sequel, which is in-progress, tentatively called "Twelve Past Honeymoon," although that's subject to change. Anyway, it's about the twelve days, yes--days, not hours--of Han and Leia's honeymoon. And we're not following the EU here, because it would take too long to get them married and I don't know the timeline.

A-hem.

I'm very, very sorry about the long wait, and I hope the final post and the sequel will be worth it. I'll get to the personal responses later tonight--but for the short moment, thanks to all of you for hanging in there, giving feedback, and, of course, the upping. And welcome to DarthIshtar, too, and I hope you'll stick around for the sequel.

Oh, in case you don't remember, we left with Han pointing out that Luke and Leia aren't related. *snort* Yeah, right, Han.

------------------------------

Luke giggled. ?That would be funny. You could be our other brother.? He giggled again. ?Other brother. It rhymes.?

Han looked at Leia for a long time. ?Kid, I don?t think I want to be in your crazy family.? He ran one finger down Leia?s profile and for some reason, she didn?t turn away from him. ?For multiple reasons.? It came out in a whisper.

?Please,? Leia said, her voice soft, ?don?t touch me.?

The three of them were sitting on top of the bar, holding glasses of beer and whiskey, alternately exchanging that for mint-ale flashes, singing drunken songs, and Leia was about, undoubtedly, to ask Luke to defend her honor from the scandalous smuggler. Well, that could just all go to blazes. She had sung a song of trees and taverns in the sky. Honor was no longer a matter to be considered.

?But I want to,? he said, and was surprised by the desperation in his voice.

?Just kiss her already,? Luke said cheerfully. He bounced off Han?s look. ?What, you think I don?t know about kissing?? He sounded ridiculously serious. ?People kissed on Tatooine. All the time. Sometimes they kissed right in front of me. It?s not like I?m completely naïve.?

?Ah, I see,? Han said. ?You?ve seen other people kissing. Of course, I forgot?that must mean that you?re a scoundrel.?

?I?ve kissed,? Luke said, offended.

?Luke, animals don?t count. I don?t care if you loved your pet bantha a whole lot, kissing him on the head doesn?t make you a scoundrel.?

?But??

?And your immediate family doesn?t count, either. Let?s face it, I?m the only scoundrel here, and that?s just the way I like it.? The one thing he didn?t like was that he had completely lost the moment. It was gone as smoothly as if it had never been?that one moment with Leia, where he could have kissed her and she could have loved him?it had vanished and he was left fighting his way to the surface with bravado.

?No,? Leia said. She was smiling. ?We?re all scoundrels here.?

?You me, the kid, the chair, and the floor, honey,? Han said, and put his arms around both of them again.

~finis~

-----------------------------

Snippet from "Twelve Past Honeymoon"

(complete with first-person Han)

?I mean, you were a smuggler,? Leia said. ?Aren?t you supposed to be making soup out of leftover dishwater and nerf fat? Instead of using all the salad dressing??

I wonder what she wanted me to tell her. About my cold, depressing childhood in which there was no salad dressing, and thusly, I have an unquenchable urge to smother any bit of greenery with a thick white dressing? Would it get me a sympathy vote? Sympathy tumble, maybe? The truth is?I?m a simple guy. I use up a bottle of dressing a week because I like the taste. But that?s too uncomplicated to help matters out.

?When I was a kid,? I said, ?we didn?t have dressing. I like to have a little flavor now, because then, we took our greens bare, and I didn't like that."

?So you don?t like your salad like you like your women,? Leia said, arching her brow.

Huh. And I thought I was the on

10. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I absolutely adore this! The last post was great! The floor and the chair!!! ehehehehehhe. And the snipet! OH I LOVE IT!!! When will you be posting it?! I absolutely cannot wait!! PLEASE

You are simply amazing

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

11. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Lady_Moonbeam: Great conclusion, though I have to admit that I'm disappointed that there wasn't even one little kiss. Still, the camaraderie was great. Thanks so much for the fabulous read!!!!

I'm looking forward to the sequel!

12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved the ending!

?I?ve kissed,? Luke said, offended.

?Luke, animals don?t count. I don?t care if you loved your pet bantha a whole lot, kissing him on the head doesn?t make you a scoundrel.?

Poor Luke! Han just won't cut him a break.

Lady_Moonbeam, I truly enjoyed every moment of this story. Can't wait for the sequel!

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LOL Moon!! :::claps hands::: Wonderful, fitting end. A perfect picture of their friendship. I love that final image, Han putting his arms around the both of them, its just so on. So them. They become so close in the years and events following ANH. Its so cool to see them so early on.

:D

Huggies Moon, that was soooo awesome!

Cant wait for the sequel. :)

::Windstar Out::

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree about the pet bantha line. That was priceless. You've got me addicted, LM

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great ending! I am looking forward to the sequel... it sounds wonderful. :) I always thought it took Han and Leia waaayy too long to get married in the "official" books, too.

16. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    ?Please,? Leia said, her voice soft, ?don?t touch me.?

?But I want to,? he said, and was surprised by the desperation in his voice.

OOO, Moony! You had be absolutely melted into a puddle with that exchange! I do like the fact that you left it "canon" kiss-wise, though. I've always liked to think the Falcon kiss was Han and Leia's first, heehee.

Anyway... I'm sad to see this story end, but it's even better now that you're writing a sequel! And from Han's POV! I absolutely love anything in Han's POV... And now, since they're married, I know you'll give us a nice dosage of banter and mush. *Grins*

Well, Lady_Moonbeam, you did an incredible job writing this fic. It's the funniest thing I've ever read, and it's truly one of my favorite fics ever. Awesome work, and I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel!

17. WedgeDarklighter

WedgeDarklighter Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
    This is great, Lady_Moonbeam

18. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    That was truly adorable :) I'm gonna have a huge grin from that all day long now! And I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel, could you PM me when you post it?

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    ?Just kiss her already,? Luke said cheerfully. He bounced off Han?s look. ?What, you think I don?t know about kissing?? He sounded ridiculously serious. ?People kissed on Tatooine. All the time. Sometimes they kissed right in front of me. It?s not like I?m completely naïve.?

LOL! Poor Luke! :p Beautiful, beautiful job, Moon! I just loved it. :D I can't wait for the sequel. Would you PM me too, when it starts? [face_hopeful]

20. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Luke giggled. ?That would be funny. You could be our other brother.? He giggled again. ?Other brother. It rhymes.?

LOL! Giggly Luke is just adorable!

Han looked at Leia for a long time. ?Kid, I don?t think I want to be in your crazy family.?

Little does he know...

He ran one finger down Leia?s profile and for some reason, she didn?t turn away from him. ?For multiple reasons.? It came out in a whisper.

Aaaawwww!

Can't wait for the sequel!

21. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Awwww, such a sweet ending! So befitting and everything, peaceful yet so drunk!

22. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Aww, the ending was just great! Loved how Han said he didn't want to be in Luke's crazy family-just give him a few years.

What a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to the sequel, too.

Kristeh

23. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Well, I guess all good things must come to an end...but there's a sequel in the works!! Seeing that news made my day! :)

The last part of hour 12 was a humorous and satisfying end to a wonderful fic! I loved it!

24. Sunshine

Feb 15, 2003
    ?Kid, I don?t think I want to be in your crazy family.? He ran one finger down Leia?s profile and for some reason, she didn?t turn away from him. ?For multiple reasons.?

Mainly because it would involve breaking numerous laws involving sexual relationships that we don't even want to get into.

?Just kiss her already,? Luke said cheerfully.

The second Luke incarnation I like! Drunk!Luke.

?You me, the kid, the chair, and the floor, honey,? Han said, and put his arms around both of them again.

Live in the tree... and sing in perfect harmoneeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Lovely ending, Moone!

AND A SEQUEL?!?!?!

Bless you!

?I mean, you were a smuggler,? Leia said. ?Aren?t you supposed to be making soup out of leftover dishwater and nerf fat? Instead of using all the salad dressing??

Y'know, one of the those guy-guys, the one you can send out to the wildness with a q-tip and they can build you a shopping mall?

About my cold, depressing childhood in which there was no salad dressing, and thusly, I have an unquenchable urge to smother any bit of greenery with a thick white dressing? Would it get me a sympathy vote?

You got my sympathy, baby. I love Han.

*jaw drops* Leia!

Huh. And I thought I was the one with the dirty mind.

Gee, I did too.

Oh, Moone, it was SO wonderful. All of it. The entire fic. This is so one of my favorite fics ever. I have never, ever laughed that hard in a fic. It was so much fun- I can't wait for a sequel!

Your devoted Moonie,
    Sunny

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Oh my. That was great!!! :D [face_laugh] @ Luke and him trying to say that he was a scoundrel. :p That was a great ending!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.