main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Twenty Four Hours - Count Dooku

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RKMeibalane, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Title: Twenty Four Hours
    Time Periods: Prequel Trilogy
    Genres: Political Intrigue; Sith Philosophy
    Primary Characters: Count Dooku
    Summary: In response to a challenge issue several months ago in the ?Plot Bunnies? section of TFN?s fan fiction archive, I have decided to give fans a view of a normal in the life of a Star Wars character, from the perspective of Count Dooku.

My day begins at an early hour. I have never been one to sit idly by and let the hours pass without my having accomplished something. That was true of me as a boy when I was working towards Knighthood; it was true of me as a Master when I worked tirelessly to guide and instruct my students; and it is especially true of me now that I have committed myself to the development of a new government. It has been more than six months since the start of the Great Clone War, as the Holonews service calls it. I can ill afford to waste time sleeping.

Following a brief breakfast, I make my way to the primary command center of whichever Separatist base I happen to be located at. I never stay at a particular base for more than three days at a time. To stay any longer would increase the risk of my being located. That is something that neither I nor my Master can afford. Once at the command center, I confer with various representatives of that base?s staff. The officer in charge provides the latest intelligence briefings regarding enemy troop movements, as well as the results of any battles fought during the previous night. The base?s strategic operations officer then provides a thorough overview of the current military activity, both friend and foe, in all regions of space within five parsecs of the base. This is often when I make my decision to remain at my current location, or to transfer my flag to another stronghold. I also provide my suggestions as what I believe is the most appropriate course of action for our troops, in order to ensure that we are victorious in our next engagements.

You may have noticed the word suggestions mentioned above. As I said, I suggest the most appropriate course of action for our troops. Although I am both the founder and the leader of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, I do not think it is prudent for me to simply order my men to carry out a particular task. I believe that my input is needed as a means for providing alternatives, not instructions. I am many things, but a general is not one of them.

Staff meetings normally last two to three hours in their entirety. Once they are finished, I return to my private chambers in order to confer with my Master, Lord Sidious. Our conversations do last more than a few moments at most. I know what he expects of me, and he understands that I have a great deal to do in order to bring about the future that he has promised. What he does not know, however, is that the future he so often speaks of may not include him. But that is a story for another occasion.

In the event that my departure becomes necessary, it is done at this time. In contrast to most of my? peers in the Jedi Order, I prefer a spacecraft of a less modern design. I have long been fascinated by ships relying on alternative means of power. The solar-sail provides an effective means of propulsion for the ship. What it lacks in firepower, it makes up for in speed and efficiency. The average transport requires approximately two days to reach Coruscant from the Outer Rim. My ship is capable of reaching the Core within a day and half. It is a fairly small craft, allowing for no more than two individuals, but I have never been one to travel in large groups. I spend most of my time amongst other beings. I value the time I have to myself.

If I choose to remain at my present location, I attend to other matters following my meeting with my Master. Chief amongst these is my ongoing pursuit of the knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force. As a Sith Lord, I have the privilege and the honor of being one of the two most powerful beings in the galaxy. But with this power comes great risk. My position is not invulnerable. In

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    This is quite a good start RKMeibalane and I can't wait for the rest.

JD.

3. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    My next course of action is to communicate with my collegues from the Banking Clan, the Geonosians, and the Trade Federation. Although various representatives from these organizations are present at nearly all Separatists bases, I believe it to be wise to confer with the leaders of these factions. I am, of course, referring to San Hill, Poggle the Lesser, and Nute Gunray.

The purpose of the daily conferences with these men allows me to gain a better perspective on the alliances I have formed with other worlds. War is a dangerous business, and so, it is my responsibility to ensure that my associates are satisfied with the progress our troops are making. I would hate for all of our work to be for nothing should any one of us decide to withdraw from the Confederacy.

Generally speaking, I do enjoy working with the other Separatists leaders. Negotiation has always been a strength of mine, and I never hesitate to confer with my collegues about a business decision, or the possibility of bringing other planets into the fold.

That last point is something that has occupied a considerable amount of my time recently. Just this past week, I journeyed to an Outer-Rim world in the hopes of securing an alliance with a most interesting group of people, though I'm afraid I can't reveal their identity, lest this document fall into the hands of the Republic. I don't want give the Jedi another excuse to interfere with my endeavors.

Most days, the Holonet conference with my associates takes no fewer than three hours. By this time, it is evening. I usually enjoy a brief meal before returning to my chambers in order to read over the most recent intellgence reports, which were gathered throughout the day by various operatives, some of whom are stationed within the Republic Army itself. I again speak with the officers stationed at the base, and relay any recommendations I have to those men who are commanding troops in the adjacent sectors. Although my day is nearly over, the battle does not cease simply because the sun is no longer shining. It is crucial that those under my command are prepared to continue the fight against our enemies.

The last few hours of my day are spent inspecting the activity of the base. I make my way from the command center to the troop barracks, and then to the base's perimeter, where I examine the base's defenses. If an attack should come during the night, it is important that the base is well-defended, so that there is little chance of the Republic taking any territory from us.

It has been several weeks since I was last involved in a battle. I had just arrived at one of our newer outposts when we were attacked by a large contingent of Clone Troopers, who were accompanied by three Jedi Knights. Two of the Knights were killed in a firefight. The other survived the battle, but he still met his end once my blade found its mark. Lightsaber combat seems to no longer be a priority within the Jedi Order. I can think of no other explanation for the utter lack of skill displayed by those fools.

On that note, I'm afraid I must take my leave of you. My Master requires my presence on Coruscant, and I do not wish to keep him waiting. Farewell, and may the Force be with you.

4. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked reading this....especially the mention of the solar sail.

I can think of no other explanation for the utter lack of skill displayed by those fools.

...I can :D

In the Attack of the Clones novel, it says that Jedi were loosing their saber skills, because they dealt more with enemies with blasters.

Dooku on the other hand kept stubbornly (as it says in the book) practicing his lightsaber skills, and used the moves of the ancient swordmasters.

(Of course I know that you know all this and are writing the tale from Dooku's point of view)

Keep it up!

5. Gross-admiral_Thrawn

Gross-admiral_Thrawn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2003
    I liked it. Dooku is quite a flegmatic type... He's always calm if nothing serious happened. I think this is the impression I got from Dooku in the movie, and it's good you managed to keep that feeling of the character.

Would be great to see more "24 hrs" from other characters... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.