main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Twice in a Lifetime (Obi-Wan, Siri, OC Intertrilogy) *New Post July 31, Ch 29*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedikma, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I feel for Marta. After spending what she remembers of her life doing everything for her kid, it must be hard to see him all excited about leaving. I'm wondering what it is about the Rebel insignia that has Will so freaked out. It's good that he went to his father, though.

Another chapter started already? You're spoiling us. :p Keep 'em coming!

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I wonder what Will saw that made him so upset. At least Ben was able to let him go and be what Will wanted to be, an artist. But to Alderaan.... that doesn't sound good.

Looking forward to more.

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    I loved the discussion regarding the Rebellion with Will's friends.

What was on the insignia that gave Will a chill down his spine?

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's talks are always delightful. Qui-Gon is right that the knees go, then the back.

Has something bad happened to Marta? I have a bad feeling...

Looking forward to more.[face_dancing]

4. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    OMG evil cliffe ! plz post soon :)

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I finally manage to catch back up, and you leaving us hanging on an evil cliffie like that?!? Evil author! [face_shame_on_you]

Not the best way for Will to find out about Anakin and his father, and I can understand how he probably felt a little jealous about his father's relationship with Luke. But I'm glad he seemed to overcome all that. It took a lot of courage to go against what he knew his father wanted, but PLEASE don't send him to Alderaan. [face_praying] As for the Rebel symbol, at first I thought maybe he had drawn it years ago and was going to accuse his father of "giving" it to the Rebels, but after he said he needed help, I'm wondering if he's seen it in visions or something, and he's been drawing it lately. Or, it's more likely that I'm completely off-base. :p

Excellent updates!! =D=

6. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    I always enjoy reading moments between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and you portray their relationship perfectly.

Hmmm, could the rebel symbol have changed Will's mind about joining em? Hopefully Obi-Wan can help him with whatever it is.

Wonderful stuff and I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Thx for the pm.

7. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Another post so soon! I'm getting spoiled!!! This story keeps getting better and better. I loved the interaction between Ben and Qui-Gon, just like old times.

You can't leave us hanging too long, I need to know why the Rebel symbol has Will so spooked.

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    G__Anakin

:) Thank you!!!

Peagis

We'll soon see, the next chapter is on it's way.

Kynstar

Thanks!!! Glad you enjoyed the touch of humor :) I wanted to slip in that little reminder that our beloved Obi-Wan is getting older now.

MamaVader

A new post is ready. You'll find out what's going on soon. :)

Noi

I wanted to put in a little reminder that Qui-Gon is still there. I doubt he shows up a lot, but he's there when Ben needs a little encouragement. Marta doesn't know about Qui-Gon, yet. [face_mischief]

oe

I think you're right, the seclusion is probably going to be hard on Marta. She's used to being around people. But she wanted to live with Ben, because being away from him was worse. :(

obsessedwithSW

Destiny has a way of just popping up sometimes. :D

Kat

How about another chapter? :p

usher-lover

Answers to your questions are coming right up. [face_mischief]

AvenKeil

Thank you!!! [face_blush]

Mousche

You already know what's coming up, you just beta'ed this chapter. :p Thanks for all the input! [:D]

Diane

Ben was smart to let Will make his own decisions. He won't be disappointed in the end. ;)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

It's funny how friends can influence where a parent can't. ;) You'll find out about the insignia next. :)

Jedi_siriwan

Post coming right up. :)

Gina

Glad you were able to get caught up. You are not off base at all---I'd say you have at least half your foot on that base. :p Your answer is coming right up. [face_batting]

JagF

Thank you!!! I enjoyed writing that exchange between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. :D

SiriKenobi12

Thanks!!! [face_blush] I'm glad you're still enjoying this little story. How about some more? :D

@};-Thank you to all my readers. I also want to say thank you for the nominations for this story in the summer awards. They mean so much!!! [:D]

And now on to Chapter 29....

9. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 29

"What is it that brings you out at this time of night and has you so upset, Will?" Ben asked. Then he had a disturbing thought. "Is your mother all right?"

Will pushed past Ben and into the main room of the dwelling. It was then Ben noticed that Will was carrying a backpack in his hand. "Ma is fine, but I think I'm going to need your help with her, too," he said as he flung his pack on the couch and sat down.

Tugging gently at his beard, Ben sat down beside Will, but instead of asking questions, he simply waited.

"Father, there's been a change in my plans," Will said, looking Ben in the eye. "I need to leave two nights from now, with Biggs Darklighter."

A mix of confusion and concern was evident in Ben's voice when he replied, "Biggs Darklighter? I thought he had gone to the Academy?"

"He did, but he left and joined the rebellion. We were all playing Sabacc when he told us about it. He's returning to the rebel base and I must go with him."

Ben reached out and put a hand on his son's shoulder. "Slow down, Will. I'm afraid you've lost me. For the last eight weeks you've been preparing to go off to Alderaan and you've been quite happy with your decision. Now you're telling me you're going to join the rebellion? The very rebellion you claimed wasn't for you?"

Will shook his head. "I know what I said, but everything has changed now. I decided you were right about the fact that I needed to do my part. I'm going and I will put in my time and then move on."

Ben looked at his son intently. "What exactly persuaded you to change your mind?"

"I just know it's something I have to do."

"I'm curious, Will, has the Force been reaching out to you?"

Will cleared his throat. "I haven't been meditating, Father. The Force doesn't exactly influence me." The young man reached for the backpack he had brought with him and pulled out a drawing pad and some loose pieces of flimsy. "I draw, all the time. You know that, and for weeks now in every picture I worked with this little design has appeared." He showed his father his current work and pointed to the symbol that he was talking about on each page. Sometimes it was incorporated into the drawing at other times it looked like a doodling in the corner. "At first, I just thought I was free drawing, just allowing my imagination to flow through me, but with every finished drawing the symbol appeared and became more distinct."

Ben examined the drawings and followed his son's story. "I'm still not sure I understand. Does the design mean something, Will?

"Father, I swear to you I have never seen that symbol before I drew it. Then Biggs showed us the insignia for the rebels and it's the same design."

Ben couldn't help but marvel at the ways of the Force and how it had reached out to Will. It was also interesting that Will decided to focus on the signs and interpret their meaning. All the same, he felt concern over Will's sudden change of heart and willingness to change his direction.

"Then this is what has convinced you that you must join the rebellion?"

Will set his jaw and squared his shoulders in determination. "I've never had a feeling this strong before. I guess it's that destiny you like to talk about, but I thought you would understand."

Ben smiled at his son, but he tried not to look triumphant. Will may have denounced the Jedi, but the Force had not rejected him. "Will, you may not meditate the same way I do, but you do let the Force flow through you when you draw. It's your own form of meditation and it's been ingrained into you since you were very young. I doubt it's a habit you will ever break." Ben cleared his throat. "In any case, I'd guess the Force has been trying to get your attention. For some Jedi, the Force would speak to them through visions or dreams, others through meditation. What you have to be sure of is that your interpretation of the Force is accurate."

Now it was Will's turn to be confused. "Are you saying I should ignore all of this?"

"Not at all. I'm sayi

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    [face_love] Great Chapter

11. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh, AWESOME! I loved this, you caught all of the emotions so well!! I can't wait to see what Will does in the rebellion while Luke is catching up!! *And Missy, he had better survive the Death Star at Yavin, or you will be a very mean author!!*

12. JagF

JagF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    Yay, another chapter!

I love how you incorperated his drawing and the rebel symbol, really cool idea. Can't wait to see what's in store for Will and Biggs. So what's Obi-Wan going to do now that his son is joining the alliance?

Great chapter and looking forward to more!

Thx for the pm.

13. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Awww, he's leaving. :_|

I like how you captured Obi-Wan's conflict of wanting to see his son go off to the rebellion, but not wanting him to make a hasty decision. Now I wonder what waits for Will. The Force obviously has a place for him.

It is only fitting that Will take his father's name. That is going to draw some attention when he gets to the base.

14. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    How about another chapter? :p

Yes, please! :D

Will Kenobi? That might cause some problems...but of course, it might make it easier to join the Rebelso_O

Kat

15. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Well for one General Dodonna will recongize that surname for sure since they served in the clone wars together. I'm so glad Will is not going to Alderaan! I just hope he survives the Death Star. And 2 years before Obi's plans to join the rebellion? more like 2 minutes!

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved that the Force was calling him through his drawings and that he recognized that he needed to join the Rebellion. Ben was pretty accepting of his leaving, much as he still wished him to be a Jedi, but at least Will knows how to use a lightsaber. I just hope it doesn't get him into trouble or his new name.

Great job. Looking forward to more.

17. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Ben smiled at his son, but he tried not to look triumphant. Will may have denounced the Jedi, but the Force had not rejected him. "Will, you may not meditate the same way I do, but you do let the Force flow through you when you draw. It's your own form of meditation and it's been ingrained into you since you were very young. I doubt it's a habit you will ever break." Ben cleared his throat. "In any case, I'd guess the Force has been trying to get your attention. For some Jedi, the Force would speak to them through visions or dreams, others through meditation. What you have to be sure of is that your interpretation of the Force is accurate."

Loved how Ben recognized drawing as Will's "meditation." And it makes perfect sense. Most artists (musicians, etc.) are most at peace, feel calm and serene, when they are practicing their craft. I know that's how I feel when I'm practicing piano. LOL. So, I did have some of it right! LOL. The drawing was, in a sense, the Force's way of warning him not to go to Alderaan and leading him to the Rebellion. But Ben's words about "accurate interpretation" has me a little worried.

Ben placed a hand over his chest. "My greatest sadness, my only child prefers such uncivilized weaponry! Indeed, the galaxy has come to an end!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, that was priceless.

Will paused once again and his father waited patiently this time. "When I leave here tonight, I want to leave the one thing behind that I've never liked and that actually doesn't belong to me and take what is rightfully mine. I no longer want to call myself 'Will Tredwell'. I am a Kenobi and I want to be known as 'Will Kenobi'." When his parents gave him a stunned look, he awkwardly pushed forward. "I guess I'm asking you if I can take your name with me when I go."

:_| :_| That was just perfect.

Lovely update, Jedikma! =D= =D=

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man! :p It brought tears to my eyes! :_|

Touching chapter dear!! [:D] Loooooooved it!

Will's eyebrow shot up. "But I still know how to use this, Father," he said, raising the hilt in front of him for emphasis. "I'm only half a barbarian."

Looks like he has a lil Obi humor in him! [face_laugh]

Glad he took the saber and took Kenobi as his last name! How sweet! [face_worried] But that could cause probs from Vader... especially if Will makes a name for himself while waiting for Ben and Luke to join him.

Excellent work!! =D=

19. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    great job that was sooooo good! (KINDA SAD) lol excellent.! Was that the last post?

20. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Great post, but I can't help but say it...."I've got a bad feeling about this..."

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Will paused once again and his father waited patiently this time. "When I leave here tonight, I want to leave the one thing behind that I've never liked and that actually doesn't belong to me and take what is rightfully mine. I no longer want to call myself 'Will Tredwell'. I am a Kenobi and I want to be known as 'Will Kenobi'." When his parents gave him a stunned look, he awkwardly pushed forward. "I guess I'm asking you if I can take your name with me when I go."

Her eyes glistening, Marta happily put a hand on Ben's shoulder as the older man shook off his surprise. "Will, it would be my honor for you to take my name," he said. A hitch could be heard in his usually serene voice as he attempted not to let emotion overcome him. "You didn't have to ask, it is your birthright." A wry smile manifested itself and blue gray-eyes twinkled. "I have to warn you, though, it might cause you a bit of trouble, especially since you look quite a bit like me."

Bravo!=D=

I got all choked up too! What a heartwarming moment for Obi-Wan, he doesn't get enough of those moments in Star Wars in my oppinion.

Luke will be joining them sooner than expected. I can't wait to see how Will Kenobi will be recieved and the father/son reunion at least I hope there will be one.

You aren't going to kill him off on the Death Star are you?:eek: OBi-Wan is doing so well this time around I don't want things to go south.

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Awwwww. That was sweet. I loved that the Force was speaking to Will in a way he could relate. And I even got a bit teary eyed when he asked to take Ben's last name. :_|

23. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    :_| Our boy's all grown up and gone to join the rebels!

Like any mom, my heart was breaking for Marta, but I just adore Will for wanting to use his father's name. I'm really looking forward to seeing if there are any strange reactions to that. In fact, I can't wait to see where this new path leads him.

You're really cooking. I hope there's more soon. :D

24. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh,I've miss three chapters!
    They are just stunning, I feel delight that Will begin to use his father's name but also a little sad that he will leave his parents.
    Anyway, you did a good job, Jedikma!

25. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Man, you were busy while I was gone, weren?t you? :p

I liked when Will learned about the exploits of Skywalker and Kenobi.

Oh no, not on Alderaan! I remember you saying that you would fit this story into cannon, but :_|

Cool how the force reached out to Ben. I liked that it influenced his drawing, that?s a very nice image. Plus I?m glad he won?t be blown up on Alderaan.

Awwww, Will Kenobi! :_|

More please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.