main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twi'lek-human children?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Brant_Flir, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    I was wondering if a Twi'lek and a human could have children together? In a finfic series i am working on, a human Jedi from Corascant falls in love with and eventually marries a Twi'lek Jedi. Is it possable for them to have half-twilek, half-human kids in future fanfics?

I was also wondeing is a human and a Iktotchi to have chilrden together? In the same series Anakin loses a love to a war and eventuallt finds a new one in his best friend a Iktotchi , who is alos a jedi. They eventually get married, would it be possable for them to have children together in futur fanfics?

thanks in advance

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    You might want to just PM a mod. :D They would know.

3. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    A mod? I'm sorry, i'm new to the forums, so could you tell me what a mod is?

any other comments on this matter will also help. thanks.

4. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    A mod is a moderator. There names are the ones in color at the top of your screen. :) (HermanSnerd, DantanaSkywalker, LadyPadme and Healer Leona are the Fanfic mods.)

5. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    While I'm not sure if it's physically possible, you might want to check out 2c on This Thread.

Human/non-human pairings are a very tricky issue on these boards. Honest advise ... best just to avoid them all together. ;)

6. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    As to whether or not it's possible, check out this thread. I had the same question awhile back.

But in actually writing it, tread very carefully. Like Pallas_Athena said, it's a rather controversial issue.

7. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks smuggler, but i think i read your thread awhile back, but i'll read it again. What is your personal opinion though? That is why i created this thread to get people's opinions on this. thanks.

Are Twi'leks near humans?
    Are Iktotchi Near humans?

8. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm rather fond of Human/Twi'lek relationships... I even write one. I haven't the slightest idea what an Iktotchi is, so can't help you there.

9. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Iktotchi is Saesee Tiin.

A fine example.

10. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    There was a thread on this a while back run by McEwok. The interspecies discussion. They went over fertility and moral issues. The general idea is that if it is physically and genetically similar to a human (Twi-leks, Yuuzhan Vong, and Feroans, for example), a fertile child may be produced. The more genetically diverse you get, the more chance of the offspring being sterile. For example, Mules, Tigons, Ligers, etc, are usually sterile.

11. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks for that info, but as for Iktotchi:

Saesee Tiin is an Iktotchi

For info on Iktotchi use the link below:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index.html

please continue to post your thoughts everyone, they really help.

12. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    VongChild, what about Iktotchi, are they able to create fertil offspring?

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Human/Twilek is allowed. At least that's my understanding.

14. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    cool, then what about Itotchi-human children?

15. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    still interesed in the Itotchi-human children question. Anybody who has any answers or ideas/opinions, please post.

thanks

16. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Oi, settle down mate, just let people see this and respond. You should head over to the Welcome New User's board and get an oldbie adopter to help you learn about the boards.

And it probably won't be possible, the Itkotchi thing, because physically and genetically they're probably not similar. It's like Gavin and the Bothan, as he said "As far as we're concerned the parts match up." But they can't have offspring because genetically they're to different.

17. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Sorry for being kinnda annoying by posting so many things, but there was another site i saw where you are suposed to post to show that you were still interested. I'll stop doing that now.

Sorry

18. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    A good portion of this board's members post at work (gasp! :eek: ) so it gets slower at night and on the weekends.

LadyPadme just posted an update on the inter-species issue.

19. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I'd say human/Iktochi is allowed, but the jury is out on the fertility issue. They look similar enough, so I'd say yes.

20. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I always took the veiw that they couldn't - on genetic grounds - but that doesn't stop them from adopting!

21. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    http://kotorfanmedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71

Check out that thread for pictures (!) and a nice discussion of human/Twi'lek offspring.

22. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.