main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Twi'lek

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Thrace, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrace

Thrace Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    Hello all I am from QCJO and I understand some of you have made a twi'lek costume so I'm asking for some help. I am looking to make a twi'lek costume but I'm not too sure on things I will need to make it. I am going to make a male costume but that shouldn't make too big of a diff. So if any of you can help me it'd help a lot. Thanks

2. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Ok. my dad can help you more then I can, and Ill get him on here next post.

The male Twi'liek is quite a bit different, head wise.

Are you doing just a gerenal twi'liek, or someone in specific?

3. Thrace

Thrace Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    I was planning on just making a general twi'lek.

4. BespinBelle

BespinBelle Jedi Master star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    I did a twi'lek costume using a blue unitard which I found through a dancewear store for the skin. However, as a male twi'lek you probably won't need to worry about too much coverage. For the headpiece I used a pair of good, thick colored tights stuffed with fiberfill and used as a wig - this provides nice movment of the tentacles, but it can be difficult to get the right shape to the forehead... And of course, there was a thick layer of blue stage makeup for the face and hands.

-Dinel

5. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Well if you want to get REALLY complex you could do the tights idea, and paint those with laytex. Or polyform them. Emily made a really good Twi'Leik like that. Have you been to the Padawan's Guide of Costuming? Im not sure I got the wording right, but they really help. You could, althought this also would be really time consuming but woud look good, is to first make a model of the front part of the head out of clay, cast it in plaster of paris, and then mold something else ALOT lighter into the mold. We used rug pad and barge cement. It looks ok, but Emilys looks alot better, so I think you should DEFINATELY look into Padawans Guide.
    Heres the link
    http://www.padawansguide.com/

6. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Em needs to post here. Let me shoot her an email.

7. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Hey BespinBelle, Were you at the Episode 2 midnight showingat McClurg Court? I remember a Green TwiLiek that fit your description...I was Leia in Endor if that was indeed you.

8. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    No, I believe the green Twi'lek was Psychokitty... and a guy to boot. (BespinBelle is most definitely female....)

9. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Erps. *smaks self in head*

10. BespinBelle

BespinBelle Jedi Master star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    ThomSolo is right - that definately wasn't me. ;) The first incarnation of my twi'lek was at the Capricon '03 Jabba room party (I don't think you were there...), and the second was at DC '03. To give a more recent costume reference, I WAS the Cloud City Cotton Candy Queen (2004). I've seen your twi'lek, though, and am an admirer of your handiwork - the headgear seems very wearable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.