main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Twi'leks and More: (9/26/10) -- 1 Year Later, It's My Birthday Again - Massage Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Giolon05, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-farfechted

Master-farfechted Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2006
    Hi everyone and i must say WOW a very nice job you have done. The 3d design really brings out the color and shading very well do indeed

2. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    There we go! Very nice pose. What can I say other than the usual... I like this one! I'm looking forward to a new girl, though... ;) Think that'll be soon? :D

3. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow:eek: Those are breathtaking! I especially like the kaiya one. Her gesture is so graceful and I also like the hair style you designed.

4. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    how about trying a different body shape? A little more slim maybe?

5. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Thanks everyone who stopped by!

FF: I'm glad you like, Kaiya! As soon as her face was finished I fell in love! I forgot to mention that the pose for the bow was done w/ a picture of myself as a reference from my days on the archery team in college. I'm glad you liked Oola's expression too. :) Does it look like "surpised!" to you?

CucumberBoy: I don't think I have an answer to that question either. Pardon me but blue skin is hot! (and green and orange and purple and red etc. etc.) It's sexy because it's vaguely human and has all the important bits that your brain cares about!

Mff: Thanks, Master-farfechted! I come back for more! :)

KoATAT: Thanks again for pointing out the broken link.

NLS: Thank you! I wish I could take credit on designing the hair, but I only picked it out & colored it. I'm glad you thought it worked out well. :) On my website, there's one more Kaiya image w/ her down but it's a little more risqué than I think I'd be able to post here.

CucumberBoy: About a new body shape, by "slimmer" do you mean "less busty" since all of my girls are already quite slim. Or are you looking for less curvy figure altogether? Whatever a new girl would be, I'm not sure where she'd fall on the spectrum or if she'd fall even lower, (Lana's pushing the far boundaries of realistic, though I could show you a handful of natural models that fit the body type, and Ciel's the smallest I've done to date) but I'll honestly say I wouldn't expect to see something too different.

6. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Update 52:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Trendy-Girls-Tn.jpg]
    Full Image

This started out as a wallpaper for myself, but I thought that maybe everyone else might enjoy it too. It's somewhat of a remix but I'll justify it by pointing out what should be obvious to regular viewers: Lana's new outfit debut!

I'll also point out that the renders of Daru and Rena are newly redone for this image (re-lit both and Daru partially reposed) and higher res than either original. The full download resolution of this image is 5333x4000 (4:3 so it should scale down nicely to nearly any standard background resolution you need).

So here all 5 girls are together ready for a night of clubbing on Coruscant! I'm kinda feeling like they might need a sixth to round out the numbers, but (if she were to appear) what color would she be?

Thanks for looking and for your comments!

Edit: Here's a convenient 1600x1200 version link for those of you who aren't registered for my site but want a nice res for wallpaper, although there's no real reason not to register.

7. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    I've told you already, but I have to say it again--Rena looks so neat in that outfit!! The whole thing is nicely posed as usual, well lit, just very creatively done. Nice nice nice!

How about gold for another twi'lek? Could be interesting :)

8. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Yeah I guess less busty.

Feng Zhu Gallery - and click one of the female faces on the thumbnails. That's the sort of thing I mean -I guess they have longer legs, are less busty and have a slightly different body shape overall. But I realize how long it takes to model a completely new body and the ones you're using now is absolutely awesome too.

I forgot to mention how impressed I am with the faces. They're friggin' great!

EDIT: Yeah, Ciel is great.

9. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Hey, no problem! What else am I here for? ;)

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "A night of 'clubbing' on Coruscant!"

[face_laugh] ;)

I should say!! They'd create a mob scene wherever they went--especially in those outfits! **thinks about Coruscant nightclubs** Then again...maybe not... Clearly they would be most welcome wherever they went! Great w/p!

And as to Nidrail's suggestion for "gold," you might consider that--could be interesting! :p

FF

11. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Nidrail: Thank you!

CucumberBoy: You bet I've seen Feng Zhu's stuff! You might not have noticed but his gals are fairly well endowed as well, but the emphasis in his works is definitely in the legs, and they are indeed something special! I'd have to be crazy not to aspire to something like that, and in a few ways it was inspiration for my "New Face of the Rebellion" image. One of these days I'd definitely like to do a more direct homage. Absolutely great stuff he's got there. Anyway, I don't have to model a new body using Poser, but adjusting limb lengths usually causes more problems than anything else because of the way joints are affected (or rather not) by it, and the interactions with conforming clothing. It's weird...I'll have to play with the joint editor to see if I can get some nice extra leggy gals for ya one of these days.

FF: They'd fit right in to the Outlander Club! Thanks. :)

Thanks everyone! I've been slacking too much about coming around here and posting and checking out everyone's stuff, and right now I can't even make the promise to shop around to do some catching up, it'll have to wait a little longer. I will have a big update of my own to post in the next few days though. Thanks again to everyone who comes by to look and especially you guys who are awesome and leave feedback!

12. nina

nina Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2007
    would you be willing to draw me something? If so, can you email me at ninatiggertoo@yahoo.com.

13. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    nina: These kinds of requests are generally served better via PM, but unfortunately I'm closed for all requests for some time.

Update 53:
    Ok I realize this post is getting really long, so hopefully I'll find some time to do some consolidation and cleaning up soon...I wouldn't hold your breath though, he he.

Anyhow, big set of updates for you all here today! First we've got a several images of Lana in her outfit from "Trendy Twi'lek Girls", including the silhouette teaser image that I posted on my site while I was still working on the final image:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Orange-Teaser-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=109]Full Image: "Orange Teaser"[/link]

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Lana-Orange-Sexy-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=110]Full Image: "Lana's Coruscant Clubbin' Fashion"[/link]

Next up we have my most recent pieces, featuring Daru enjoying a lovely sunset on Naboo:

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Daru-Naboo-Sunset-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=112]Full Image: "Nabooian Sunset"[/link]

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Daru-Naboo-Sunset-C-Tn.jpg]
    [link=http://www.radiantcg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=113]Full Image: "Daru's Nabooian Sunset"[/link]

The wide shot took 12 hours to render, the closeup took 9, but it ended up corrupted b/c I had the wrong output setting checked. So, I had to re-render it and it took 10 hours. Finally, at that point I realized that the rooftops were the wrong color for Nabooian architecture (they were orange), so I had to re-render the rooftop portion for each, taking about a 90 minutes for each one. Needless to say there was a lot of waiting involved in these images!

I also applied a bit of depth of field effect here, in order to increase the realism like taking a photograph. I first used the effect in "Kaiya In The Treetops", and took the feedback I received on that one into account here.

Anyhow, thanks for looking, and for your comments!

14. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    I like this new Lana one. I think she is my new favorite.
    Daru's pose looks a little... uncomfortable, but, hey! a price you have to pay to look sexy! ;) (Like I'd know :p )
    Anyway, great job, as usual, G!

P.S. Still looking forward to that yellow Twi'lek ;)

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Great job with all the Coruscant Clubbin' views of Lana, there! It's great to see the entire costume with the various elements "modeled," as it were! ;) Wonderful! And the "Naboo Sunset" piece is another level of cool: beautiful background and light in this one, and I liked with the close-up that we not only pulled in on Daru, but swung around, moving the view of the environment (3D is a fascinating medium...). Lovely! =D=

FF

16. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Gorgeous as always! I really love the Coruscant Clubbing Fashion. That would make for a great framed print.

17. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Isn't That Daru Outfit from Max?

18. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    Oh, yea, it does kinda look like it...

19. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Great new stuff Giolon05! I particularly like the "Orange Teaser" piece - just love the silhouettes :)

20. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    *hugs* Isn't he incredible!!
    Daru, as I've already said, looks absolutely serene and gorgeous in that scene, and it looks so rippen Natural!
    I'm jealous, really :D
    Keep it up, lovely stuff :)

21. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Honestly, I think the "Orange Teaser" is really cool although it's not as complicated as others![face_love] And the"Nabooian Sunset" somehow remind me the "Second Life", LOL[face_laugh]

22. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    KoATAT: Thank you. The pose is not as uncomfortable as you might think. In retrospect, her feet should be a bit further forward, but it's a pretty relaxed pose. Find a proper height counter or banister and try it! :) As for the yellow Twi'lek, well I still haven't decided what would come next (if any do come).

FF: Ain't 3D grand? Not to lift the curtain and destroy the illusion, the buildings end just to the side of the wideshot camera view, so as currently set up I couldn't swing all the way around, but that's really just a performance concern so that my computer can render without falling over. If needed, I could reshuffle the walls or construct new ones for any angle, and you'd never know it wasn't there to begin with! =D Glad ya like the new renders. Lana's image was fun to put together and come up with different shots!

B24: Thanks! If you want one, send me a PM I might be able to work something out!

DO: Why yes, it is the outfit from Max, retextured slightly. I had been abstaining from sharing cross-universe clothing, but she just looked so good in it!

DS: Thanks, DS! I actually came across the method of doing silhouettes by accident! Aren't ya glad I did though? :)

Nidrail: *hug back* Thank you, Nidrail! You're too kind. I'll certainly try to keep up indeed. :)

NLS: Thanks, though Second Life...scares me! o_0 Star Wars Galaxies is where it's at! :D

Thanks everyone for taking the time to come by! I should have a new classic piece available in a few days. It's something I expect many of you have seen before, but not done by me. Don't get your hopes too high, it's fairly simple, but I think you'll find it enjoyable. It's rendering as we speak (type?)!

23. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    I guess you're right. I tried it and it is fairly comfortable. I guess I just didn't notice that one of her elbows is resting on the rail. I thought it was purely arm-strength holding her up.
    Well, I'll stop asking you about another girl, then. ;)

24. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Update 54:

This update is focused solely on a very special Twi'lek. Her name is Oola. She is the first (female) Twi'lek that the world ever laid eyes on. Even though it was not she who caused me to fall in love with them, that honor goes to Aayla Secura, much honor is deserved to this character because without her, none of the other multicolored would exist -- not Lyn Me, Aayla Secura, Ayy Vida, Mission Vao, the Twin Suns, Darth Talon, Astraal Vao, Daru, nor any of my other girls. Tonight, I bring you my tribute to Oola, based on an old promotional photo featuring her signature pose and iconic outfit. This promo image is the basis for the "iconic" representation of the Entertainer profession on the Star Wars Galaxies website. Without any further ado, the amazing, legendary Oola, the one who started it all:

Note: Slight NSFW warning on this set of images (teaser and portrait exempted). Oola's iconic outfit, is, as we all know, a semi-transparent mesh.

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Green-Teaser-Tn.jpg]
    Full Teaser Image

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Oola-Iconic-1-Tn.jpg]
    Full "Amazing Oola" Image

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Oola-Iconic-2-Tn.jpg]
    Full "Living the Legend" Image (included old promo photo for comparison)

[image=http://www.radiantcg.com/HiRes/thumb/Oola-Iconic-3-Tn.jpg]
    Full "Portrait of an Icon" Image
    Note, attached to the full hi-resolution download of this image on my website is a special 1600x1200 wallpaper-ready version of the portrait.

If any of you have the bandwidth, I highly recommend downloading the ultra hi-res of the portrait from my website. The detail will blow you away (as is my goal on most of my renders). I'm particularly proud of Oola's teeth, new eyeshadow to better match the original photo, and the work I put into making the rusted metal material of her collar. All you have to do to obtain the hi-res version is complete a quick, free registration at my website (completely free and spam free! I don't sell or use the e-mail addresses for anything but to contact you if you've been posting naughty things!) I'd love to offer up the downloads without registration, but I must have some method to attempt bandwidth control. The pose for this set of images was done entirely from scratch by me, using the photo as reference. It wasn't as much of a nightmare to work with posing the rope, but it was still quite an endeavor.

25. KingoftheAT-ATs

Jun 21, 2005
    =D= Bravo! Bra-vo! =D= That is a perfect comparison! It looks exactly like the exotic original (though yours looks much, MUCH better ;) )! Plus, the Teaser looks like an iPod promo pic! :) You should put an iPod in her hand and sell your image to Apple!
    -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.