main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

twi'leks and togruta

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by spartacus_hood, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartacus_hood

spartacus_hood Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2010
    Can Twi'leks and Togruta have children?

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, we know that humans and twi'leks can have children, so I'd say it's possible that togruta and twi'leks can have children as well. Of course, I don't think we have any official info saying one thing or another yet.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, there's nothing about Twi'lek/Togruta hybrids yet.

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Are there male Togruta's?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  6. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Have we seen any anywhere?

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    From what I remember, mainly in a few comics. There were male Togrutas in that Slaves of the Republic.

8. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Master Asaak Dan is a male togruta jedi knight in the SW legacy series by dark horse.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asaak_Dan

9. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ^That character looks a bit.. off. A pink Togruta? Maybe there are Twi'lek-Togruta hybrids.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, you can't base skin color. There's even blue Togrutas in KOTOR comics. It's most likely genetics, or the colorist of the comic didn't know what a Togruta looked like. Mainly their skin color ranges from dark red to orange.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Actually we don't really know that humans can interbreed with twi'leks. You don't know that the twi'lek children in that episode, whose father was a deserted clone, were hybrids. They looked like normal twi'leks. If they were part human i would expect to see some differences.

How could humans interbreed with a completely different species (its not like twi'leks are near humans, humanoid yes, but they don't seem to have any connection to humanity).

I think it is more likely that those twi'lek children were not biloigically related to the human clone. They were just kids he raised. It is likely that the female twi'lek that he was with, already had them.

Here is more evidence.

The Clone Wars lasted 3 years. In the timeline of the show i don't think they are even in the 3rd year.

Now if the deserted Clone came across the female twi'lek and fell in love with her, in the earlier years of the war, the kids that Rex came across, would look around in the 1-2 year old range, and the alien kids looked older then that.

Of course you could say that Twi'leks age faster then people (humans) do.

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually, they are Human/Twi'leks. I'll also shake canon's hand goodbye with me saying that they can also interbred. It's all in that TCW character guide.

13. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah I don't agree with this twi'lek/human interbreeding. Twi'lek/Togruta would be more realistic, but twi'leks are supposed to be a completely alien species when compared to humans. Whereas Mirilians (Luminara), Chiss (Thrawn), and Rattataki (Asajj) are all said to be "near humans" and can possibly interbreed with humans, this whole concept for twi'lek/human children is ridiculous.

If this is considered canon now, then how the hell do you explain that in all of the existing EU all the way back (timeline wise) to the KOTOR era where there are no hybrids of humans and twi'leks interbreeding? Twi'leks are after all one of the most attractive and widespread species throughout the galaxy. So why haven't they ever interbred before?

Also this whole idea of making these kids half human makes no sense to me. Cut is clearly said to be their stepfather and the battle of geonosis was not too far off from the episode on Salueucami, which would be impossible for those to be his own biological children to begin with. So who exactly is there father? Another human male? Where is he? If the series was trying to make it seem like a clone had children and they are hybrid humans/twi'leks, as much as i disagree with it, it would make more sense. But why in gods green earth would you make hybrid twi'lek/humans and then make the human father their step father? HUH??? Am I the only one who's confused? Also, the daughter of Suu looks completely twi'lek to me, not half.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Just because we have never seen a character outright labeled a twi'lek/human hybrid before, it doesn't mean they don't exist. Seeing as Suu's kids look very twi'lek-like, any number of twi'leks we've met before could very well have been hybrids. I have nothing against the concept of inter-species procreation, it seems to fit the universe very well in my opinion, provided the species are similar enough (no wookiee/hutt hybrids, please).

However I do agree that it's very weird for them to make Suu's kids hybrids when Cut has been clearly identified as NOT their father. It really seems to me that the original intention of the episode designers was that the kids were Cut's, and therefore hybrids. That's why they designed them with underdeveloped lekku and blotched skin colour. However, someone then stopped to think about it and realized Cut couldn't possibly be their father because of the timeline, so the Episode Guide and now the Character Encyclopedia stated that Cut was their stepfather. However, it seem the concept of hybrid kids still remained so we are left with this weird situation where Suu just really digs humans, and Cut is at least her second human lover.

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    As the Galaxy Turns... The Bold and the Hybrid...
    The kids inherited their father's super-accelerated growth gene.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, rumblewagon. Cut is not the biological father of Suu's two children; he is the adoptive father. It is not known who the Human male/father of Suu's children was.

17. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Can twi'leks and togruta have children? Are you asking because of this guy?

18. TheFunnyLittleYoda

TheFunnyLittleYoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2010
    I suppose they can.

Secura falls in love with Kit Fisto who is Nautolan. So I think all 'humanoid' species can reproduce with each other lol

19. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Falling in love does not equal reproducing.

20. TheFunnyLittleYoda

Jul 11, 2010
    Yes thats true, but who knows what would have happened if they weren't forbidden to 'be attached' by the jedi code.

21. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Falling to the Dark Side of the Force and becoming a Sith Lord comes to mind...

22. TheFunnyLittleYoda

Jul 11, 2010
    Huh? I was under the assumption that the jedi codes would not exist at all when I took Secura and Fisto as an example.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    When a Jedi falls to the dark side, he or she doesn't become a Sith. The Jedi become a Dark Jedi, unless you're recruited by the Sith. But keep in mind of the Rule of Two during this time period, though.

24. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    Back to the original question:

It sounds like you're writing a fanfiction. [ /microsoft paper clip ]

I'm a fan of the mantra 'it's more about execution instead of the original idea'. You can get away with a whole hell of a lot if you tread lightly and are careful. So if you're going to go for it, well, go for it. I certainly can't throw stones with some of the ridiculous fanfiction I've written or am about to write (though I swear the WoW/SW crossover won't see the light of day) (maybe, possibly - uhh, let me get back to you on that).

As for the biological compatibility, I tend to take a more strict species definition, so near-humans would be better than twi'leks or what have you - basically if there's a shared history of races I can see it, but in this case not so much. Then again, I just referenced another fandom where orcs and blue, tentacle-faced bipedal ungulates somehow make babies, so when in doubt, just wave your hands and say a wizard - uhh, the Force - did it.

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    A TIIIIIME TRAVELING WIIIIIZAAAAARD! WHO BRINGS YOU GREEEEETIIIIIINGS FROM THE FUUUUTUUUUUURE! [face_laugh]
    Star Wars is peculiar, as I don't know where they stand on the species sciences, or whether descent factors into it. In typical fantasy settings, cross-breeding is limited only by the author. Sometimes you get half-ogres or quarter-elephantmen, half-giants, or eighth-gnomes...other times, the only other species humans can breed with are the beautiful ones. :p

To the best of my understanding, generally species that sort of look similar to each other (or the more human-looking ones anyway, like Twi'leks or Zeltrons) have a better shot of successfully breeding than others, the closer the relation the better.

Of course, when it comes to romantic/physical attachment, the heart wants what the heart wants. Aayla Secura is attracted to a guy with an octopus for hair, Aurra Sing has her ex Hondo, and in the TCW movie, I saw an Arcona making out with a Bith. And then there's the unfortunate case of Corran Horn and the giant space otter. But the less said about that, the better. [face_mischief]

At the very least, it seams that hardly anyone wants a Kel Dor. Plo tries to grab a seat in a bar, and two twi'leks immediately move to sit elsewhere. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.