main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Twilight] Finding Peace- Jacob/Leah- Romance/Drama/Angst- UPDATE 6-2

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Finding Peace
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Following the birth of Renesmee
    Characters: Jacob Black, Leah Clearwater, Seth Clearwater, and pretty much the entire wolf pack.
    Genre: Drama, Romance, AU
    Summary: When tragedy strikes, Jacob runs away, and Leah learns to move on. Years later disastrous events bring them together again.
    Notes: Ever since I first read the Twilight saga, I've been addicted to stories about Jacob/Leah, and even though SM says it isn't possible, I've decided to embark on my very first Blackwater fic. This story is going to be very AU, and I'm sorry but Bella dies right before the story starts. I do like Bella very much, but her death is necessary for my plot. Also I should mention that the prologue is written in 1st person POV, but all the subsequent chapters will be in 3rd. So with no further ado, I hope you guys enjoy this. It is going to be one wild ride, I promise.:D

Finding Peace

Prologue

Two Years Ago (Jacob?s POV)

I can?t take it anymore! I thought bitterly as I ran swiftly through the forest as a wolf. The hot tears I felt trickling down my furred face were dried almost as quickly as they fell. I wondered if there is a limit to how much pain a person can take before they die from the pure misery of it. If so then I?m certainly in trouble of succumbing to the dark thoughts and sadness that overwhelms me.

She is gone, and will never come back. Bella the girl I?ve loved since I first met her is dead, dying in the most tragic way possible. And it was all HIS fault! I growled softly as I thought of the leech who killed my love. Sure Edward Cullen said he loved her, but he was the one who killed her. If she hadn?t gotten pregnant with his devil child then Bella would still be alive. But she was no more, and the only piece of her still alive is in her infant daughter Renesmee.

I ran from the stinking bloodsucker?s mansion as soon as I knew that Bella was dead. Her heart stopped beating before her vamp husband had the chance to save her life with his nasty venom. I couldn?t even bear to look at their spawn because I knew I would want to kill it if I did. So I left and phased to my wolf form as soon as possible. Bearing the pain as a human is bad enough, as a werewolf I can distract myself other ways.

Jake! Man I?m sorry! I heard the voice of my friend Embry Call say in my mind. I?ve always hated that my pack can hear each other?s thoughts as wolves and this time was no exception. I don?t want to talk to anyone including one of my best friends.

I don?t need your pity Embry. I muttered. Go away!

Don?t leave. I heard my other best friend Quil Ateara think. The thought was echoed by Seth Clearwater.

But before I had a chance to think up my annoyed reply, Leah Clearwater spoke up.

Just ease off him guys, and go chase your tails or something.

Make me. Quil muttered angrily in reply.

Says the child who?s dating a child. Leah quipped knowing she would easily anger Quil by reminding him that he imprinted on a two year old.

I didn?t?Quil protested, but I?d had enough. Cool it guys and phase out. I need some time to think.

Nobody phased, and I got annoyed. Phase out or I?ll make you!

Normally I didn?t like to threaten with my Alpha command, but they?d pushed me to it. I needed some time alone, and I needed to deal with my ensuing grief. Finally I felt three phase. That only left...Leah! Go away!

Just let me say something and I?ll be more than happy to leave you be. She declared in annoyance.

What?!?

Thank you. She said simply.

For what?

Freeing me from Sam.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Leah? I asked because the thought of the ever bitter Leah thanking me was just too weird.

I?m not always a bitch. You guys just push me to it.

Whatever Leah, say what you need to say and go!

Just this...Don?t let your loss rule

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YEAH Jacob/Leah fic!! Great start and I can't wait to see where you take this! :D

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Am here for this... and poor Jake, there.

Bring it on, Lily. :)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, this is a great start. I look forward to seeing where this goes. =D=

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Jake!! I love Leah being so supportive, though. Can't wait for more!! :D

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Miana Kenobi: YEAH Jacob/Leah fic!! Great start and I can't wait to see where you take this!

Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy what is to come.

DaenaBenjen42: Am here for this... and poor Jake, there.

Yes, poor Jake.

Bring it on, Lily.

Will do. :D

Sara_Kenobi: Oh, this is a great start. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Thank you, and more is coming soon.

NYCitygurl: Poor Jake!! I love Leah being so supportive, though. Can't wait for more!!

Yeah poor Jake, and I love showing Leah's occasional softer side. More is coming soon.

7. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Characters: Jacob Black, Leah Clearwater, Seth Clearwater, and pretty much the entire wolf pack.
    Summary: When tragedy strikes, Jacob runs away, and Leah learns to move on. Years later disastrous events bring them together again.
    Notes: Alrighties, here is the next chapter. And from now on, unless otherwise specified, everything is going to be in Leah's POV. I hope you all enjoy this!

Finding Peace

Chapter 1

Present Day

Leah Clearwater looked at the clock on the wall and wished for the hundredth time in the last hour that the long day would soon be over. Currently she was enduring yet another lecture from her long winded instructor. Classes for being a nurse?s aide were long and the stuff she was taught was mostly common sense, but at the same time Leah was incredibly grateful to be here.

It had been two years since Jacob left and two years since Bella Cullen met her tragic end when she brought her daughter into the world. After Jacob left things slowly got back to normal in La Push, the reservation Leah called home her whole life. The Cullens didn?t stay long after Bella died in childbirth, and despite the fact that Leah never liked Bella or her family of bloodsuckers, she did feel sympathy for them.

Being the lone female werewolf in a pack full of overgrown teenage boys was not what Leah intended to do her entire life, so she soon stopped phasing for good. She had loved being the Beta of Jacob?s pack, but the thing was that she needed to get away. There were too many hurtful memories associated with being a werewolf. She was still dealing with the fact that Sam Uley, her high school sweetheart left her for Leah?s dearest cousin. Being away from both of them was incredibly good for maintaining her sanity and that is why she left.

When Leah first came here, to Seattle, she enrolled in a community college and did what she planned initially, taking yoga and other classes that would help her deal with her emotions. But the thing was that it didn?t really do her any good. Trying not to phase when her anger management instructor told her something completely idiotic and totally bogus meant that all the classes were a horrible failure.

After that she took some time to decide what she wanted to pursue as far as a career was concerned and ironically enough she ended up going for a job field where blowing up at people is not allowed ever. Despite what her former pack mates thought she was never compassionless, nor by nature very cruel. Leah only treated them like that because it was her best defense mechanism at the time. She did like to help people, and when she felt she was in control of herself enough Leah decided she would get into the medical field.

Leah?s mom Sue was thrilled to pieces when she heard that Leah decided to be a nurse, since Sue herself was a registered nurse. But nursing school was on hold at the moment since Leah really didn?t have the tuition money. Yes she had a scholarship when she graduated from high school but since the werewolf thing interfered, it was no longer valid by the time she was ready to apply. So because nursing aide school was relatively cheap and quick, she was going to get her certification and work her way through nursing school. One thing was for sure she would definitely take classes of any kind then being stuck in La Push for all eternity.

As it was, Leah?s brother Seth was always trying to get her to come down for the weekend. He was an eternal optimist and Leah herself had been the complete opposite for a few years now. Life didn?t treat her well, and as a result Leah never hesitated to take it out on anyone who crossed her. There was of course one definite difference and that was the fact that she no longer phased into a werewolf.

For the last couple of years Leah did absolutely everything in her power to give up her shape shifting abilities. It wasn?t easy and it took her a long time to

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Nicely done! I loled that she had a cat. [face_laugh]

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor Leia. Sue doesn't sound like too much fun. I wonder if Jacob'll be at the shower . . . :D

10. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    So she moved away to get away from the memories and to embark on a new life, as it were, and doesn't want to be reminded of nothing... I like her already.

More, please. :)

11. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Miana Kenobi:Nicely done! I loled that she had a cat.

Thanks, I thought everyone would get a kick out of that.

NYCitygurl:Aww, poor Leia. Sue doesn't sound like too much fun. I wonder if Jacob'll be at the shower . .

Yes poor Leah, she never has it easy.

DaenaBenjen42: So she moved away to get away from the memories and to embark on a new life, as it were, and doesn't want to be reminded of nothing... I like her already.

Yup, its just too bad that her family doesn't let her forget.

More, please.

On the way.

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Notes: Alrighties, here is the next chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Finding Peace

Chapter 2

The following morning she was trying to deal with her growing aggravation as she drove down to La Push the next morning. She really didn?t understand why Emily persisted in torturing her. Honestly if it had been the other way around she wouldn?t want to invite the girl who used to date her husband, but of course Emily was family and so Leah was forced to always associate with her?And with Sam. But then again Leah thought, if a guy fell for me and then dumped his long term girlfriend would I really trust him? But then she remembered imprinting, and to Leah it was the foulest word imaginable.

Imprinting was the start of Leah?s problems. If Sam never imprinted on Emily then Leah would be the one married to Sam right now, and if neither of them carried a werewolf gene then maybe she would be the one expecting Sam?s child. Leah was over Sam, but at the same time she didn?t think she would ever totally forgive them despite the fact it wasn?t entirely their fault. It was fate?s cruel hand dealt to Leah that made it so she had lost the carefree and naïve days of her past and could only embrace the cold hard facts of her new existence.

As Leah continued her to drive she suddenly started to recognize the landmarks as she slowly started to approach La Push. Slowly because she was in no rush to get there and wasn?t speeding for a change. It had been months since her return but everything looked the way that it always did since the reservation never seemed to change. As she looked up at the mountains sloping down to the Pacific, Leah felt such a longing to be here. If only La Push wasn?t tainted by so many horrible memories.

It wasn?t long before Leah was finally pulling up in front of the home she spend the first twenty years of her life. And of course her ever eager little brother Seth was approaching her car though perhaps he wasn?t so little anymore. Seth was now seventeen and he had finally overcome his teenage lankiness and was starting to look like more like a man than a teenage boy. Him being a werewolf with an accelerated growth gene certainly didn?t hurt any.

?Leah!? Seth exclaimed, a huge grin spreading on his face. ?Long time no see, sis.?

?Hey Seth,? Leah said mustering a small smile right before her brother enfolded her in a huge bear hug.

?Good to see you too,? Leah muttered when she finally caught her breath again. ?What have you been up to??

Seth shrugged. ?The usual, high school, patrolling,? he replied.

?And how is your senior year going?? Leah questioned, not really wanting to hear about the latter.

?Boring,? Seth muttered. ?This place isn?t as much fun as it was a couple years ago.?

Leah rolled her eyes. ?You just miss hanging out with the leeches, I always knew you had a crush on that mind reading idiot.?

?I also miss Jake,? he replied sadly which on Seth looked like someone had stolen his favorite toy. It looked incredibly pathetic to Leah.

?How is he?? Leah asked, not able to stop her curiosity.

?No clue, he?s gotten good at hiding his thoughts from us,? Seth answered sadly.

?Leah!? came a new voice and Leah looked up to see her mom walking out of the front door. She grinned nearly as wide as Seth had only moments ago as she gave Leah a quick hug.

?You?ve arrived just in time,? Sue said with relief. ?Emily wanted to know if we would help set up for the shower. She wants us there in an hour.?

Leah nodded and smiled since at the moment any verbal response would certainly earn an angry remark from her mother. Let the torment begin, she thought bitterly.

~~~~~

Th

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Nicely done! I definitely sympathize with Leah; though for different reasons, I despise getting asked when I'm going to get married and have kids.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Leah :( That must've been torture - if Emily and Sam cared about her at all, they wouldn't have put her through that.

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Miana Kenobi:Nicely done! I definitely sympathize with Leah; though for different reasons, I despise getting asked when I'm going to get married and have kids.

Thank you, and I can sympathize as well.

NYCitygurl: Poor Leah That must've been torture - if Emily and Sam cared about her at all, they wouldn't have put her through that.

Yeah, they don't seem to realize what they are doing to her.

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Notes: Here is the next chapter, and now the major plot of this story is about to begin. I hope you enjoy it!

Finding Peace

Chapter 3

Leah was thrilled to fall back into her normal routine the following days. It wasn?t long before she graduated from her class and found a good job at a nearby nursing home. It was definitely lots of hard work being a nurse?s aide, but she had a definite advantage at least when it came to strength. She did have to be very cautious, however, not to let the residents touch her skin and subsequently be shocked by her raging body temperature. But it was a decent job, and Leah was getting better at controlling her temper all the time.

?Leah!?

Leah sighed and looked up from the paperwork she was completing and had to hold back a groan. It was Pete?Again. He was another aide who was totally preoccupied with trying to get Leah to go out with him. It was almost to the point of embarrassment because this guy never seemed to take the hint that she wasn?t interested in the least.

?Hey girl,? he said, sounding very much like a peppy cheerleader. Leah wanted nothing more than to slug him, but he would probably like it and she would get in trouble.

?What?? she asked, not amused.

?You are looking so very tan, did you get much sun?? he asked kindly.

Who could get a tan in Seattle? Leah wondered vaguely. ?I?m Native American,? she answered.

?Oh!? Pete exclaimed in surprise. ?So are you Cherokee or something??

Cherokees live on the OTHER side of the country. Leah mentally complained yet again. ?I?m Quileute,? she said.

?Cool,? Pete replied. ?So Pocahontas, wanna go out with me tomorrow.?? he asked beaming with a cheesy grin.

At this point Leah was starting to tremble, the urge to slug the guy was growing with every passing moment. She took a couple deep breaths because she wasn?t about to phase, especially in the middle of the nursing home. She quickly checked off the last part of the file she?d been working on before addressing Pete.

?Not now, not ever,? Leah replied briskly. And then without another look back at him she took off down the hall. When she exited the building a moment later, it was only then that she stopped the shaking that alarmed her in the first place.

Leah got in her car and started it up ready to head home, but since it was still relatively early she decided instead to grab a cup of coffee since she didn?t have to work the next morning. Her favorite coffee shop was only a mile away, but since Seattle was crowded as always, she had to park a few blocks away.

It was only eight o?clock, but it was already dark, and of course it was raining. Leah usually didn?t mind the rain that much since it was inevitable when you lived in Washington, and especially when you grew up on the Olympic peninsula. It was just a fact of life that sometimes annoyed her, but mostly she was indifferent to.

Because of the rain there were very few people walking on the streets and those that were hurried to their cars as fast as humanly possible. She was only a block away from the coffee shop when she was suddenly grabbed.

Leah couldn?t see the man as she was quickly thrown down into the darkness of an alleyway, but she was already on her guard. She had never been mugged before and if this guy thought that she was just going to take it lying down then he had another thing coming. For a brief second she was grateful she was a werewolf because this guy wasn?t going to know what hit him.

?You jerk!? Leah screamed at the guy, standing up and putting her fists up.

The guy laughed, still standing in the darkness so that Leah couldn?t see his face. ?Like you can fight me,? he scol

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh, nice chapter! Can't wait to see how everyone reacts to Jacob coming back. :)

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweet!! :D I love Jacob getting all protective :)

19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    This is just getting more and more interesting... first the not-so-perfect baby shower, and now a vamp attack. And Jacob... he surfaces! (Kinda...)

Good, good chapters. :)

20. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Miana Kenobi: Oooh, nice chapter! Can't wait to see how everyone reacts to Jacob coming back.

Thank you, yes it will be quite a surprise for them all!

NYCitygurl: Sweet!! I love Jacob getting all protective

Yes, isn?t it great? :)

DaenaBenjen42: This is just getting more and more interesting... first the not-so-perfect baby shower, and now a vamp attack. And Jacob... he surfaces! (Kinda...)

Thank you so much, I?m glad you are enjoying this!

Good, good chapters.

Thanks, more on the way.

21. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Notes: Sorry it has taken me months to update this story, major DRL set in. But I am happy to say that I'm finally back on track, thanks all my lovely readers and I hope this is worth the wait!

Finding Peace

Chapter 4

?You seriously have the worst luck Leah,? Seth declared when he entered her apartment a few hours after Leah?s return. He was followed by the remaining two stooges Embry and Quil.

?Thanks for reminding me,? Leah retorted while rolling her eyes. ?You better not have told Mom.?

?Do you think I?m stupid?? Seth asked indignantly. Then when he saw that Leah was about to speak, he held up a hand. ?Don?t answer that.?

?Whatever,? Leah replied before glancing at the two other guys. ?You?re welcome to anything in my fridge; I?m not coming back for awhile.?

All three oversized boys made a mad dash for the kitchen.

?There?s no food in here!? Quil protested loudly walking back into the living room.

Leah couldn?t help but laugh at him. ?Someone sounds like they are missing their bedtime. Oh wait?That?s your girlfriend.?

Quil was about to retort but then Seth and Embry walked back into the room distracting him.

?Seriously Leah, we are starving,? Seth whined.

?Relax you big babies,? Leah scolding. ?I was going to the store tomorrow which is why my fridge is empty, we?ll order some pizzas tonight.?

That seemed to appease the guys, and Leah ordered three large pizzas. Knowing them, the guys would probably say it wasn?t enough but she didn?t care. Then she retreated back to room where she quickly packed a bag. It wasn?t like Leah to run from anything, but that vampire unnerved her and she was taking a temporary leave of absence from work until she at least figured out what her next move would be. Ironically enough she had no choice but to retreat to the one place she didn?t want to be but was her one safe haven, La Push.

The attack by the vampire was totally random, and she was his next chosen meal. But Leah had this sinking suspicion that now that the vampire knew what she was; he would be coming after her. In fact Leah was extremely surprised that he hadn?t done so already when she was racing back to her apartment. Perhaps she was overreacting, but her gut feelings told her to leave. And it was very seldom that she didn?t listen to it.

~~~~~

Danton the vampire?s POV

As darkness shrouded the city of Seattle, the vampire known as Danton was ready for the night to begin. It was very fortunate for him to be living in a place where there was cloud cover most of the time, but this particular vampire was from the south. And he felt only right feeding at night. Danton didn?t feast the night before, so he was eager tonight, and he could feel the bloodlust consume him. Now he only to wait for the perfect victim.

The first several humans were all walking together in groups and since he wouldn?t risk hunting down more than one human at a time, it was a long wait. Just when Danton was beginning to grow very agitated, suddenly he saw her. She was a tall, tanned, and well muscled woman and looked like she was totally oblivious to what was about to occur. He knew this would be fun, and quick as lightning he made his move.

Danton wasn?t disappointed; she was definitely a feisty one. She immediately put her fists up and the vampire couldn?t help but laugh at her rudimentary weapons and he said as much. He blocked off her exits, and then breathed in deeply trying to determine how tasty her blood would be. Danton was soon disappointed because she was the smelliest human he?d ever met.

At this point the vampire quickly considered his options. He could only hope that she tasted better than she smelled, becaus

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY! Glad to see this return!

Man, Vampires really have this thing about revenge, don't they?

Great job!

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jacob/Leah makes much more sense than what SM did.

Looking forward to more. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.