Story [Twilight] Hey Furball, Shut Up and Listen (Jacob/Leah AU) -- Christmas FanFic Gift for Jedi-Ant

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Title: Hey Furball, Shut Up and Listen
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Timeframe: post-Breaking Dawn
    Genre: humour/romance, AU
    Characters: Jacob Black, Leah Clearwater
    Summary: While out on patrol on Christmas Eve, Leah has something to admit to Jacob, but Jake really isn?t in a listening mode.
    Notes: I never thought I'd be writing Twilight fanfic, but here I am anyways. The only AU part of this is in regards to Jake imprinting on Renesmee. Pretend it never happened. :p

To Jedi-Ant -- Happy Christmas, you marvellous girl! [:D] This is your three-in-one present from me. You?ll probably recognize the origins of this fic ;) I really hope you enjoy. :) Once again, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS on your big day last Sunday! [:D] =D=

Hey Furball, Shut Up and Listen

It was snowing hard by the time I reached the edge of the forest. Great white fluffs that looked more like cotton balls than real snow fell in thick clumps through the gaps in the leafy canopy above. This winter had been so cold that sometimes even I ? the furball of the group, as Leah frequently said ? could feel its bitterness in my paws. This is on top of taking into account how feeling cold is a pretty rare thing for us, since we?re the kind of people who would be immediately admitted to a hospital if anyone outside the supernatural world found out our temperatures. But that didn?t stop us from feeling the cold.

Cold could be dealt with. Ignored even. It was the overabundance of snow I wasn?t liking. The white fluffy stuff falling from the sky was driving me crazy because it didn?t have the sense to be packable (so as to make snowballs, the best weapon winter can provide) and I sank right through it. Last week, I had been patrolling the area when I came upon an unexpected deep patch and sank right up to my neck. If you ever want to slow down a really, really big wolf in winter, wear snowshoes and run. Well, as fast as you can run with snowshoes, but if you take into account that I?m trying to shift three feet of snow with my body, you?re probably the luckier one. Trust me, while you?re attempting to prance around on the surface, I?m slugging my way through the white stuff. It?s like quicksand in winter.

The really annoying thing was that in this area of the woods, you can quite clearly see the light indents in the top of the snow that are in the shape of feet. Vampire footprints. They can run so fast they don?t even have a chance to sink in.

They?re like blood-drinking, stinky, sparkling versions of J.R.R. Tolkien?s elves, for crying out loud!

And I had also made my peace with them.

That didn?t require me to like them. Under no circumstances was I going to like vampires, creatures whose skin was colder than the snow I was currently knee-deep in. Vampires took my best friend away. Vampires have come on the verged of destroying everything I have sworn to protect more than once. Last year, vampires nearly ripped apart this town because of a tiny, angelic little monster currently living in the cottage not a mile away from the part of the forest I was running through. The cute, perfect little angel that everyone falls in love with at first sight.

The Loch Ness Monster was so cute she made me sick. She has the kind of effect on me that is comparable to eating a lot of candy that has a huge quantity of sugar ? and then being sick afterwards because your system as been all sugarfied.

Yeah. That feeling is the one I get when I see Bella?s precious little demon.

Okay, that?s a little harsh. More than a little harsh and I shouldn?t really be speaking about Bella and her daughter like that, but sometimes it?s almost too easy. What can I say? I?ve been taking lessons in sarcasm from Leah. Things have changed dramatically in the year and a half since Renesmee (see, doesn?t her sugarfied name want to make you puke?) was born and we had Volturi coming down on us like de/>
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Awwwww!! That was so cute! I kinda wish it had happened this way instead of the thing with Nessie.

Very well done, and nice job at characterizing them both. :D
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Aww, that's really sweet!! I much prefer Jacob with Leah than Nessie (and I love how he calls her the Lock Ness Monster :D ). Great story!
  4. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    The only AU part of this is in regards to Jake imprinting on Renesmee. Pretend it never happened.

w00t!! [face_dancing]

To Jedi-Ant -- Happy Christmas, you marvellous girl! This is your three-in-one present from me.

Mwah!! :* You're gorgeous, thank you!! [face_love]

You?ll probably recognize the origins of this fic

I do, I do. As soon as I saw the header, I was like, SQUEE!! Jake and Leah, I'm totally there :cool:

I really hope you enjoy. Once again, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS on your big day last Sunday!

Aww, thank you so much, Idri!! [:D] This is wonderful, and I'm so excited to be finally sitting down and reading it. I've been looking forward to it all day :D

*rubs hands together*

Hey Furball, Shut Up and Listen

[face_laugh] Hahaha! Love it! Sooo Leah! [face_love]

This winter had been so cold that sometimes even I ? the furball of the group, as Leah frequently said ? could feel its bitterness in my paws.

Ok, I love this intro right here. Starting off with Christmas snow - something which I know absolutely nothing about, having celebrated Christmas in board shorts on hot sand for my entire life - is such a lovely change of pace. And I can really feel like I'm there with Jacob, you've done such a wonderful job describing a forest covered in snow for someone who's never really experienced it before. :)

The really annoying thing was that in this area of the woods, you can quite clearly see the light indents in the top of the snow that are in the shape of feet. Vampire footprints. They can run so fast they don?t even have a chance to sink in.

Lucky buggers. :p

They?re like blood-drinking, stinky, sparkling versions of J.R.R. Tolkien?s elves, for crying out loud!

LOL! [face_laugh] Oh, Idri, I have tears in my eyes, and not from the onions I'm chopping up for the Christmas bbq tomorrow ;)

And I had also made my peace with them.

The Loch Ness Monster was so cute she made me sick. She has the kind of effect on me that is comparable to eating a lot of candy that has a huge quantity of sugar ? and then being sick afterwards because your system as been all sugarfied.

Oh yeah!! Now that's the way Jacob should have reacted to Bella's little monster! This is Twilight canon... that other stuff was nothing more than a bad dream [face_not_talking]

What can I say? I?ve been taking lessons in sarcasm from Leah.

I'm glad. I've always been a fan of Leah's sarcasm :)

While Bella began to enjoy her marriage bliss in her and Nessie and Edward?s cottage (How idyllic is that? A cottage? Really? Can we add a white-picket fence to it, too?), us wolves got to work patrolling the area.

A white picket fence [face_laugh] Love it!!

I?m no hero.

I?m the furball with attitude.

Leah's furball with attitude :cool:

Trees have very good aim, you know.

Love this line! Poor Jacob, it's not his night... yet ;)

This was exceptionally bad for me, since Leah?s attention was turned towards me the majority of the time and she had no shame in sharing her thoughts with all the guys in the pack. They found it entertaining and had considered giving her an award. Leah found my reaction to her remarks ridiculously hilarious.

YAY! [face_dancing] See, this is the way I thought it was going in BD... this is what I thought Meyer had in mind, what with Leah's and Jacob's relationship totally mellowing out, and even going so far as to consider leaving together.

And it's so like Leah to not shy away from her new interest in Jacob, either. :cool: So in character for her to let the whole pack know and make him sweat ;)

She chuckled, wolf-fashion.

That was another thing I liked about the books (post-Loch Nessie) -- the personalities the wolves had as wolves. And you seem to have their lovable quirks down to an art in this one =D=

The thing with Leah was that she had really change
  5. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    *bumps*

Because I just read it again, love it, and think everyone else should read it, too. :D

Ant..
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Miana

Thanks! I wish that too. I was quite disappointed when Jake did a complete 180 after his passionate speech to Leah about imprinting.

And then to make it even worse, Meyer has stated on her website how Leah has absolutely no romantic interest in Jacob. :( Which goes against what I saw/read.

I guess I now know how the H/Hr shippers feel. :p

Nat

So do I, so do I. Thanks for commenting, hon! [:D]

Ant

Wow Amber, I think your review is even longer than the story itself. :p

w00t!!

I knew you would. ;)

Mwah!! You're gorgeous, thank you!!

[:D] Any time, Mrs. Ant. :D

I do, I do. As soon as I saw the header, I was like, SQUEE!! Jake and Leah, I'm totally there

I couldn?t resist after our rather long, many PM-spanning conversation about BD. I knew you?d love the idea, so I just had to. Though know I have to bear the shame of betraying my word never to write a Twilight fanfic, but hey ? Jake/Leah I can deal with. :p

Aww, thank you so much, Idri!! This is wonderful, and I'm so excited to be finally sitting down and reading it. I've been looking forward to it all day

*rubs hands together*

You?re welcome. I can tell you?re awfully excited. ;)

Hahaha! Love it! Sooo Leah!

[face_laugh]

Of course! I typed that into the title of the word document I was working in, so I could save it. I didn?t plan for it to be the title, but then I went, ?Hey, that?s a pretty good title in its own way.? :p

Ok, I love this intro right here. Starting off with Christmas snow - something which I know absolutely nothing about, having celebrated Christmas in board shorts on hot sand for my entire life - is such a lovely change of pace. And I can really feel like I'm there with Jacob, you've done such a wonderful job describing a forest covered in snow for someone who's never really experienced it before.

I?m Canadian born and bred ? if I know anything, I know snow. ;) I am a cross-country skier, after all. :p

Lucky buggers.

It makes sense to my imagination, anyway. [face_laugh] I was like, ?What do they do in winter?? And then Edward runs so fast ? they all run so fast ? and then I started thinking about how in the comics, The Flash runs so fast he can run over water, and then I started thinking about snow because this fic takes place in winter, and then I thought of a scene in FotR where Legolas is perfectly fine up in the mountains because he walks past everyone on top of the snow because elves don?t sink in.

And then I thought ? hey, if elves can do it, why not vampires? :p

LOL! Oh, Idri, I have tears in my eyes, and not from the onions I'm chopping up for the Christmas bbq tomorrow

See my response above about the thing with the elves. :p

You know something funny? Onions don?t make my eyes water. I know that has nothing to do with the story, but you did mention onions. ;)

Oh yeah!! Now that's the way Jacob should have reacted to Bella's little monster! This is Twilight canon... that other stuff was nothing more than a bad dream.

But Jake?s in wuv with a newborn baby, how can you contest that?

[face_sick]

*ahem*

I wish it was a bad dream, too. :(

I'm glad. I've always been a fan of Leah's sarcasm.

I love Leah?s sarcasm! [face_laugh] Probably because in RL, I?m a pretty sarcastic person myself. :p

A white picket fence. Love it!!

I couldn?t resist. :p When the narrative started mentioning cottages, I went ?You have got to be kidding me :rolleyes: .? I suppose that?s more me talking there than Jake. Like I said, I really couldn?t resist. :p

Leah's furball with attitude

At least in my mind. [face_love] Nessie should have been a demon monster, Bella needed to go crazy and Jake would have ended up with Leah and neither of them would have imprinted on each other.

That?s the way it should have been. [face_peace]

Love this line! Poor Jacob, it's not his night... yet

I know where he?s coming fro
  7. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aww I loved this! I was so disappointed in the books when Leah never got her true happy ending and this is simply wonderful. Great job! =D==D=
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.