main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twilight is upon me and soon night must fall... that is the way of things... the way of APRIL FOOLS!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Raven, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Well, it has been a fun two years. On April 2nd, 2002, Kadue invited me to join the Mod Squad. In that time, I?ve gone from bright-eyed and bushy-tailed newbie moderator to a curmudgeonly old administrator that constantly has to shoo kids off the lawn. There have been ups, and downs too. I?ve changed my name twice, been an official moderator for nine different forums at one point or another, and I like to think that I?ve made the boards a better place in some small way.

But all good things (and bad things too, for that matter) must come to and end. Those who know me well knew that this was coming. After putting in two years of service, I want to be a regular user again, free from worries about trolls and Drama, to get away from the policy-making, and to stop and smell the flowers along the way. I want to post more often than I?m able to now, too distracted by what?s going on behind the scenes. I signed up back in May 2000 so I could discuss Star Wars, and that?s what I want to do now. I won?t rule out a return to the Mod Squad one day, if they?re willing to take someone like me back ? and it?s a miracle I got in the first time if you ask me. :p ;) For now, two full years seems like a nice round number. :cool:

I've gotten the set-up for April Fools out of the way, with all the jokes I had planned played. Now, I'll leave it to others to clean up the mess that I've made. [face_mischief]

So, I guess that this is it, and there are a few people I want to thank for making the last few years fun. As a character from another well-loved saga once said, I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve! ;)

In mostly alphabetical order...

AmazingB: Your name says it all, and I learn a new thing about you every day. In my opinion, you were exactly what a JCC moderator should be.

anakin_girl: I admire the way that you?re willing to take a stand for what you believe in. While you?re not always as? diplomatic? about it as some would like, that doesn?t make the point you bring up any less valid, nor does it diminish your courage in bringing them up.

Bib Fortuna, Twi?lek: Good luck getting to 100k man, and keep having fun along the way. :D

Bria: You sometimes drop by Literature, and you?re almost a Canadian. :p Nobody is perfect, but you get closer every day. :)

Caine: You?re one of many I don?t see around much anymore, which is a shame. You were always one of my favorite people to discuss books of any sort with.

Dark Lady Mara: Best. Moderator. Ever. Why did you have to leave? :_|

DarthSapient: Mr. TheForce.net, you get around to more forums and make a greater contribution here than most people realize. I hope you?re still here at the very end.

Darth_Ignant: You make a great bitter ex-mod. Keep up the good work.

Darth Attorney: :)

Darth_Guy: It?s hard to believe that you?re only 16. You come across as being a lot older than you really are, and I mean that in the best possible way. You?re a walking counterexample to anyone who thinks that younger means less mature or inferior in any way, shape or form.

Darth Kevin: You always bring something interesting to a debate, and consistently make good points.

Darth Ludicrous: We might not have always seen eye-to-eye, but I did and do still respect you.

Dp4m: I wanted you as a Literature moderator because I was looking for people who disagreed with me in an intelligent way, and you could make the forum better because of it. You?ve more than fulfilled your promise.

Errant_Venture: It?s been a pleasure working with you, newb. :) ;) :p

Excellence: Your user name suits you very well. Though I can?t stop thinking of you as a newbie. :p

Face Loran: You?re one of the many people I see too little of these days. :(

flying_fishi: I never see you in Literature! :(

Genghis12: You?re sarcastic, argumentative, and the facts have a disturbing tendency to be on your side. :D In my opinion, you are perhaps the best person to have on ones side during any sort of serious debate, and th

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Assuming this is real, I'm sorry to see this. Very honored by your kind words.

Best of luck, and thank you for everything you did :).

3. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Like KW said.

Assuming

Ass-u-me

makes an Ass out of U and- Me

thats what we get for assuming.

but if it IS, sorry to see ya go.

4. Thraxwhirl

Thraxwhirl Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Singing's a little off key, but otherwise - sorry to see you go. You've been a mod since before I signed up as a 'grunt'.

Good luck in civillian life. :)

As for the 'assuming' question, I guess we'll know more if KK edits *** post of 'that' word. ;)

5. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Thankee for mentioning me, poster formerly known as Gandalf who was formerly known as Gandolf.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Darth_Guy: It?s hard to believe that you?re only 16. You come across as being a lot older than you really are, and I mean that in the best possible way. You?re a walking counterexample to anyone who thinks that younger means less mature or inferior in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, but that gave away your April Fool's joke. ;)

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Will you now have more time to focus on your TV show?

8. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear it, and thanks!

9. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Well, it's hard to tell. He said that he was waiting until all *** April Fools stuff was out of the way, but it could be a joke. I guess just wait and see.

But, if it IS real, I think we're all sad to see you go mate.

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Best of luck back in *** real world of regular users.

11. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    yes, assumingthis is real, you'll be missed buddy. :(

12. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    If that was an April Fools post, he typed one hell of a tl,dr to accomplish it.

P.S. Have fun as a peon again!

P.P.S. You have 4 minutes left to edit your message. Is it just me or did the edit time go down a lot?

P.P.P.S. oh

P.P.P.P.S. Don't edit me KK.

13. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Speaking of jokes

Darth_Ignant
    Title:
    Moderator: JCC

14. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    You'll find out for sure tomorrow. :p

Come on though, would I do all that work just for my own amusement? ;)

15. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Clear winds, my friend. Clear winds.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

16. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    um maybe

17. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    thanks for all of your hard work. :) Take care.

18. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Dont leave us!!!!! Please!

But if this is true, youll be surely missed.

19. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Yeah, right.

20. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    goodbye threads are allowed for mods but not for regular members? WTH?! so much for consistancy. what's next, mods can swear and post goatse? way to screw us once again, mods.

***I AM JUST JOKING***

>:D

21. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    lub u GandyRaven!

22. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Being a regular user rocks. :cool:

PS - Update your profile. Specifically that line about that hidden moderator forum and being a mod.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wait, this thread is true? :( Damn.

24. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    *single tear* :(

Speaking of jokes

Darth_Ignant
    Title:
    Moderator: JCC

I hope he bans you [face_plain]

25. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    good riddance to bad rubbish!

*crosses fingers it's a joke, else this'll sound really bitchy come *** 2nd :p*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.