main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer (Now discussing: Midnight Sun partially leaked)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by mara_jade_rox, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaraJadeKim

KaraJadeKim Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2008
    I think bella will change her mind about being a vampire cause now she knows the cost and she saw the girl that was just directly turned and she was not happy about it. So i think she will change her mind.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't really see anything in the book that backs that up. She still olves Edward, and even though she knows that Jacob is her other soul mate and she'll be happy with him, she still chooses to become a vampire. She's marrying Edward and having this huge wedding to say goodbye. She was committed at the end of the last book. I don't think that something that has already happened (or anything, actually) will change her mind.

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

There's only really two possible endings. Either she'll become a vampire, or she won't. Sounds a silly to put it into terms like that, but there it is. I think that staying human would be the "safe" path to take for Meyer as a writer. It's the ending that I'm expecting. The vampire ending will be the ending that surprises me, if it happens.

I suppose that alternatively she ends up as half human, half vampire in some strange sort of way, but I doubt it.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I haven't read any of this.

5. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I agree that nothing that has happened has changed her mind. I predict that either something will happen to change her mind, something will go wrong during her transformation, or she and Edward will remain apart somehow.

6. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

On the other hand, I find it kind of interesting that for the most part, people seem to be expecting a semi-tragic ending, where either they're kept apart (due to one being human, the other Vampire, or for other reasons) or that they'll be together but Edward will lose what makes him extra-special (being a vampire). I think that for most readers of the story, the surprise ending would be them living happily ever after as vampires.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That last ending is the one I hope for and the one that I think will happen.

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Meyer shouldn't lose sight of what the books are: fun. That's it. Fun. In other words, it better not get tragic.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I don't think they will (at least, I hope not). She's got too big a following to screw them up, and I think she knows that.

Are weeven sure that the book will concentrate on Bella and Edward? I think I remember her saying something about the focus being on someone else, with E&B making an appearence.

10. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    You mean the one coming out in August? That's the first I've heard about something like that... o_O I thought the next book is supposed to be the last B/E book for a while.

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The books aren't fun. They're melodramatic.

12. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    One friend told me I JUST HAD TO READ THEM! I didn't take her advice because our friend (who I lived with and owned the first two books) wasn't really convinced.

Being an avid reader I got totally bored picked it up and after the first sentence put it down and didn't pick it up for about a week. See I usually can tell if I like an author/book within the first sentence. Anywho. I got bored again and picked it up. Began to read couldn't put it down. After work the next day I picked it up was up half the night (I have sleeping issues anyway) finished the entire book in one night and read through half the second (third wasn't out yet). I finished the next first thing in the morning within 30 minutes. I'm totally addicted.

I'm just waiting for the movie and crossing my fingers hoping that they don't screw it up.

Yet I've always found the books to be better so who knows I may think the movie sucks. *shrugs*

13. Arissa

Arissa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Btw, there is a teaser up for the first chapter of Breaking Dawn at Entertainment Weekly

The first chapter and the cover are included in the special edition of Eclips, that comes out today or tomorrow.
    And I just found out I´m a crazy fangirl8-} I ordered the special edition just to have the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. :rolleyes:

So Edward was finally allowed to buy her a new car, I wonder what exactly he bought her, poor Bella :p

14. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    [image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xIf7wIcmL._SS500_.jpg]

:D

CAN ANYONE FIND THE FIRST CHAPTER?

edit: I think this is it.

15. Beskargirl

Beskargirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2007
    Thats a pretty awesome looking cover!!(it is the finale cover isn't it?)

16. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I love that cover. Simple, striking, and beautiful, just like the other covers; also, it's loaded with symbolism that can be read 28058240856 different ways by as many different fans. Good stuff. :p

EDIT: As for the first chapter, I'm sad to see Bella's Chevy go. Cars that Jacob Black fixes up don't just give out when it's convenient for vampire boyfriends. :p Sabotage, thy name is Edward. I wish he would get over some of his controlling tendencies so I could actually like him a bit more. :p

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That is an amazing cover! The Twilight series really does have great covers. :D

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not really surprised that her car gave out, though the whole thing with the guys who wanted to take pictures with it was hilarious. I'm worried that Jacob's missing a few days before the wedding. This has Days of Our Lives written all over it! Then again, he shows up at the wedding and goes "I object! He's going to turn her into a vampire on their wedding night!" and everyone hauls him off to the state mental hospital. But yeah, I think the 4,000 pounds of armor is a pointed inclusion.

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I admired the covers long before I decided to read the books. :p

By the way, you're not the only one here who prefers Jacob to Edward. ;)

20. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    I really think the fact that Bellas mind isnt affected by what a vampire can do is going to play into the final book. All I know is that I wish it were August already. I normally wouldnt read these kinds of books because they bore me to tears, but for some reason these I couldnt put down. :)

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I have to admit I partially only read the first one because the cover was intriguing. And then there was the fact that my best friend was forcing me to read it. :p

And yay! I'm not alone in the preferring Jacob over Edward! Woohoo! [face_dancing]

22. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

I agree, the covers are excellent. Simple striking images. Literally about 50% of the people I know who are reading the series are reading them due to the covers.

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

Just like me. ;) I passed the kiddie section at my bookstore and stopped only because I saw these beautiful covers. And after reading the back of the book the story intrigued me. And I've been hooked ever since.

24. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Myself as well. :p

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ah, the power of cover art. Ain't it lovely? :p It's always great when a good book has a great cover. On the other hand, it's sad when a not-so-great book has a great cover because then you're disappointed. :p :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.