main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer (Now discussing: Midnight Sun partially leaked)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by mara_jade_rox, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Exactly. I'll admit that I wasn't attracted by the covers (didn't have time to be, the first time I saw it was when my friend handed me her copy and told me to read it). But I've found great books due to cover art, and sadly some equally amazing books have horrible cover art.

2. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    I judge books by the cover sometimes as well...that and the title...

yeah it's a bad thing to do but I can't help it

BTW I think that whoever (I'm too lazy to go look!!!) suspected what Bella's talent will be as changing vamps to humans might be right...if so that would be awesome

MJR

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I just started reading the series Tuesday and just finished the 2nd book here at work. Starting to feel a bit twitchy and wanting to read the third book. It's been a long time, well a year really, since a series has put me in I can't put it down tailspin. I'm staying spoiler free till Breaking Dawn! I did it for Deathly Hallows and I can do it for Edward.

~PK~

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Me too. Besides, the more spoilers I see, the harder the wait will be :p

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Good for you. I'm currently rereading The Host and Eclipse to keep myself busy.

6. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I just finished Eclispe. Not the special edition or anything so now I'm twitchy for that first chapter. I did however read the first chapter for Midnight Sun earlier today and let me just say, I can't wait for Edwards prespective of things. It was amazing. Tomorrow I go to B&N to read the first chapter and then Friday I buy all the books so I can re-read them before August 2nd. lol

~PK~

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Daughter happened to find ther preview for the movie and it intrigued her. Last Thirsday we were at B&N and she picked up the first two books. Two days later when she was done with the first I started and after leaving work went to get the third. We read all three in a matter of days and love them.

Though she is Team Edward and I am Team Jacob. :D :D

Lot's of fun. Cheesy fanfic type of the best kind.

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yay, another Team Jacob person! :D

I'm excited for Breaking Dawn. I can't decide if I want to be spoiled or not... :p I'm also excited for the film. :)

9. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Team Jacob, represent!

I'm trying to stay spoiler free for Breaking Dawn, but I don't know how long that will last. :p

10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Last year I read all of the Harry Potter books for the first time in April. And I did fine until the day before, I struggled but I made it. I imagine it will be the same way with Breaking Dawn. I'll be fine till the day before.

The only thing I suggest staying away from there is a Stephaine Myers FAQ I read on I think imdb.com or it was Amazon and it gives away some things that I wish I was left in the dark about lol.

And I'm very Team Edward!!

~PK~

11. mara_jade_rox

Jun 18, 2007
    Oh, I enjoyed the FAQ.

I didn't think she gave anything important away. Just a few extra details.

MJR

12. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Today is Edward Cullen's birthday. :) [face_dancing]

~PK~

13. mara_jade_rox

Jun 18, 2007
    Seriously?

Wow. I really have never thought about that. I didn't know that Meyer specifically set a date. I kinda always thought he didn't have one... (Don't laugh, please!!!)

Cool

MJR

14. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Same here. I've actually just finished a whole re-read of all the Twilight books to date, and am now twiddling my thumbs again, waiting for Breaking Dawn. :p

I read the first chapter for MS a while ago, and I thought it was amazing as well. :D I can't wait for that one to be finished -- I have a feeling it's going to be the best one of the lot. Though maybe it has something to do with Edward being the narrator. [face_blush] [face_love]

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday, Edward!! [face_love] [face_love]

15. mara_jade_rox

Jun 18, 2007
    I think having Edward as the narrator will be a drastic change, with his ability and all, but it is definately one I am will to accept.

MJR

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I really, really want her to finish and publish that - the first chapter was great.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It was really fascinating to read it from Edward's point of view. Plus, I like him in a first person narrative position. It's interesting. :D

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ditto. :D [face_love]

19. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    2x Ditto

Has anyone else pre-ordered Breaking Dawn yet?

My best friend and I are trying to convince her husband who works at the local Borders that they should do a Bella's Engagement party for the pre-release party. If they did, I would so go pre-order my book there instead of Barnes and Noble. But right now guess I'm stuck with going to the prom. lol

~PK~

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Haven't pre-ordered yet because I don't know if I'll buy it or wait for the library (if I have time to wait before I go to college). The only one I bought was the first, and only after several reads. I think I'm going to go check out the party, though :)

21. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The first chapter of Midnight Sun made me curl into a little ball for about two minutes.

22. mara_jade_rox

Jun 18, 2007
    Now, why would it do that?

23. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    My hubby and I are about to be married for 20 years. but, i can still remember the passion of bella and edward. does anyone else think edward should be james mcavoy? when I read it that is who i thought edward was to me. ahhhhl. james mcavoy.

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm a HUGE James McAvoy fan [face_love] but he seems a little too old to play Edward (given that he's supposed to be perpetually 17). From what I've seen of the movie clips and sneak peeks, etc, Robert Pattison's doing a fine job as Edward. :D He wasn't my first pick, and I admit to being skeptical at first, but now I'm totally on the Rob bandwagon. [face_blush] [face_dancing]

25. mara_jade_rox

Jun 18, 2007

That was exactly what I thought. Now I'm one of Rob's biggest fans!

MJR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.