Twilight the Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Very nice.

I like the sparkly lettering on "Twilight". :p
  2. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    Niiiiiiiiice.
    And while the movie starts in December in the US, I have to wait until January/February to watch it over here.
    And only if I'm lucky I'll get to watch in it English.
    I don't even want to know which creepy stupid voice the German's would give Edward. *shudders*
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Ick, yeah, I hate dubbings. I sometimes watch the French ones just for kicks on English films, but for foreign films I prefer to watch them in their original language with subtitles if I don't know the language.

Do they do just subtitles instead of dubbing by any chance?
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Bah I saw it on the big screen. I like the inclusion of the James storyline in that trailer.
  5. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree...the actor fits the part so perfectly!!!
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    He made me want to hide under my chair and he was only on for half the trailer.
  7. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5

Sadly, no. Because most people are to lazy to read. :p

I really like James. I actually like him more than Edward. :p He has the creepyness a Vampire needs, imo.
  8. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    James is like the perfect vampire! (imo)
  9. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Just saw the trailers - fabulous!! I'm really excited :D
  10. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    Me too! I cannot wait for BD or the movie. Just thinking about it makes me anxious...that must be a sign of how deeply obsessed I am. Oh well.

MJR
  11. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I liked the first one best - it had a lot from the book, which makes me happy.
  12. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    I like them both and I watched the first one so many times that the second is like a relief or something. I don't know. Maybe it was just the change. I also like how it looks like James may be more involved in the movie. I like James. :)

MJR
  13. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    After seeing the newest trailer for the movie, I must say that my doubts have been waylaid... slightly. I still question the choice of Stewart but I think I'll survive.
  14. Alethia Force Ghost

star 5
    It's weird, because I hated the book, but I'm looking forwards to the movie. *grins* I can't help it- the trailers look cool. Who's James? It's been about a year since I read the book, but is he one of the vampires who comes after Bella in the end? Or is he a human from school?
  15. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
  16. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I saw the 2nd trailer when I saw Dark Knight earlier this week. It was even more amazing on the big screen, then the 5x I watched it on youtube. :p

~PK~
  17. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    I went to see three movies since the trailor came out (not just to see the trailor) and none of them had it! Not Dark Knight, even! It was frustrating.

MJR
  18. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Jen, James was the vampire who almost killed Bella in the end.
  19. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Have you guys seen the stuff from Comic-Con? It's insane.

~PK~
  20. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
  21. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    The Comic-Con coverage sort of frightened me. In a good way. :p I was a bit worried for RPattz's safety, though; sticking him in a room with 6,500 screaming fangirls seemed something of a recipe for disaster. :p
  22. AnakinsLuv Force Ghost

star 3
    Hi guys! Just wanted to let everyone know that movie got bumped up to 11/21 release date. Now the US gets to see it 2 weeks earlier! Whoopee! [face_dancing]

I'm loving that I'm finding more SW fans that like Twilight. I'm obsessed. I've got it bad. I'm also one of the administrators over at TwilightMOMS.com [face_blush]

23. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, It's replacing HP so WB can capatilize on the summer crowds after their experience with HP and the Order of the Phoenix; so, WHOOPEEEEEEEE!

I'm sure The Dark Knight has helped them see the advantages of a summer release as well.
  24. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm quite pleased by the news. I'm also avoiding trailers so far. :)
  25. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    My wife is ecstatic by the move of Twilight's release date. It doesn't come out on my birthday now and she can see it with her friends and family at Thanksgiving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.