Story [Twilight] The Sweetest Summer--Interactive choose-your-own-adventure Twilight fic

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthIshtar, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hey, guys. I did this over at the juried archive at ramblingsandthoughts.com and have gotten such an overwhelming response that I thought it would be funny to see what people over here chose. The instructions are at the end.
    The first thing I noticed upon waking up was the sunlight. Birds were singing, the trees outside were waving lazily in the June breeze and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It figured. I had worked very hard this year and Forks' unpredictable weather just had to ruin everything.

Edward was gone already, of course. He'd slipped out sometime after I fell asleep, probably once Alice informed him that he was in for a bright sunshiny day. Strangely enough, though, he'd left his cell phone on my rocking chair, so I could probably count on him braving the sparkles to retrieve it.

From downstairs, I could smell something that definitely wasn't smoke. Charlie had to be cooking his breakfast specialty-?toaster strudels and orange juice from concentrate. It was his way of celebrating without setting me or the kitchen on fire.

I was about to head downstairs to enjoy when Edward's phone rang. I checked the caller ID and, of course, saw that it was Alice. I didn't expect her to actually be on the other line.

?Bella,? she trilled, ?you're going shopping with me!?

My first thought was ?No way,? followed by ?Are you kidding? and ?Goodbye, Alice.? Since she wasn't a mind-reader like Edward, all she heard was an awkward silence.

?Really,? I deadpanned. ?Did I go crazy overnight and not notice it??

?No,? she answered, ?but you want to thank me for all the help I gave you since spring break. Besides, you need warm weather clothes.?

I had ten t-shirts, six tank tops and several pairs of shorts laying forlornly in a box in Charlie's attic. Those could hold me until graduation. Besides, I had been on a shopping trip with Alice on the way to Phoenix and I still had nightmares about that little black credit card. They came nearly as regularly as the ones with James as the main character. She could spend enough in one day to feed Liechtenstein.

?I grew up in Phoenix,? I reminded her. ?I don't need...?

?Those are so last year,? she scoffed. ?Especially the purple one? Friends don't let friends wear lycra.?

Before I could go further towards the edge, Charlie shouted up the stairs.

?Bella! Phone!?

?I've got to go,? I said.

I hung up before she could argue and hurried down the stairs to the kitchen. Charlie handed me a plate of artistically arranged junk food and then the receiver.

?Thanks,? I muttered. ?Hello??

?Bella,? Jessica said enthusiastically. ?Want to go shopping??

I resisted the urge to either hit my head hard on the wall or growl in frustration. Instead, I stalled.

?I don't know what Edward's plans are for the day,? I stated. ?I don't want to make any plans without getting his input.?

?Ugh,? Jess sighed. ?That's so like guys. They always want to know what's going on. Yesterday, me and Lauren went and how was I supposed to know that Mike wanted to go to Tyler's party??

I tuned her out, eating my strudel with the phone wedged against my shoulder. She and Mike had gotten together right after the spring dance and there was a weekly soap opera that she confided to me.

?...So make sure you ask Edward about tonight when you talk to him,? Jessica concluded.

Ah, shoot. I'd tuned out the part that I was supposed to be listening to.

?Tonight?? I repeated blankly.

?Mini-golf,? Jessica clarified, sounding exasperated.

Me. Metal clubs. Human skulls. No. Way.

?Sorry,? I said. ?Mini-golf really isn't my thing.?

Plus Edward would probably shatter the ball on the first swing. If we wanted to lay low, it was not the best way to do so.

?I'll let you know.?

?Okay!? she responded. ?Lauren's here! Bye!?

I turned around to find Charlie arching an eyebrow at me. ?Miniature golf?? he asked.

?Over my dead body,? I promised him. ?I don't want any more ER bills to pay off.?

There was a knock on the door before I coul
  2. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    I vote 'E', actually. :)

Wonderful opening, Ish. Can't wait for more.
  3. karebear214 Force Ghost

star 4
    What a fantastic idea!

You may not want me participating since when I read the Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid, I always always picked the one that led to horrible demise.

But I pick D
  4. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    what, there's horrible demise in this???

well if that's the case i vote for her to meet it with her true love beside her. D for me.
  5. Darth_Bliss Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really fun idea. :) I vote "d".
  6. Fanficfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Now that was funny. Now I know we're supposed to go for "Edward takes bella away" but for some reason (maybe I'm just cruel) I wanna see what happens when you put Bella, Jessica AND Alice in a walmart together [face_skull]

I vote "C"
  7. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    This looks cool!!

C.
  8. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    This is different! Should be lots of fun. :D

I choose C. Come on, Walmart? Alice will go crazy. [face_skull] It's a must see. [face_mischief]
  9. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    a what the heck, i choose "C" :p
  10. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    We need a tie-breaker.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    C ;)

good as always ish.

:snoopy
  12. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    C also... though B was interesting, too. :)
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I considered for a minute. Edward would definitely be the most interesting tour guide I'd ever had, but I wasn't really in the mood to go running around a major city today.

"Would you mind if I said no?" I said carefully. "I'd kind of like to take it easy today."

His expression flickered, just for a second. "I wouldn't mind at all," he said. "Shall we invade the home theater at my place or..."

"Actually," I interrupted, "if I head Jess off right now, she won't insist that I come socialize with her tonight. Why don't you plan something for the evening and I'll meet you back here around five?"

His mouth quirked up on one side. "Are you sure you can keep yourself out of trouble for eight hours?"

"I'll just be at Wal-Mart with Jessica," I reminded him. "There are few things that cheap that can kill me."

"Kill you, no," he agreed, "but I'm fairly sure you're capable of getting run over by your own shopping cart."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be careful."

He frowned for a long minute, but then brightened. "I know you will," he declared. "Alice is going as your bodyguard."

"No," I disagreed.

"She's been meaning to get better acquainted with your friends..."

"No."

"And I'm sure she'd be a good shopping influence on..."

"NO! NO no NO no NO!"

He smirked as his phone rang and he held it out to me. "It's Alice for you," he informed me.

An hour later, Alice was squished between me and Jessica in the cab of my car. I'd conceded to Edward's demands for a shopping guard, but I wasn't letting the little terror drive. And Jessica was always so distractible while driving.

"So, I was thinking bright pink," Jessica announced. "He really liked it at prom and you can never have enough of your signature color."

One dress in low-cut polyester and she decided it was signature. This was pretty typical of Jessica.

"You need something classic," Alice informed her. "You practically live in jeans that do nothing for your derriere. I think that if you took a chance on capris, Mike wouldn't be able to take his eyes off you."

She was being extremely nice. If Jessica had brought up style with Rosalie, she would have been feeling like a peasant in sackcloth within two sentences. Alice was at least trying to work with my friend.

"What about Bella?" Alice asked, turning slightly to give me a once-over. "She's got great shoulders and she never shows them off. I think if we could find her something classic and sleeveless..."

"It won't ever stop raining long enough for me to wear anything sleeveless," I reminded her.

"Well, I've sworn off fast food for the summer," Jessica said on a new tangent. "I don't want to look like a total cow in my senior portraits and Mike likes skinny girls."

"You're thin," I said honestly. "And Mike definitely thinks you're cute."

"I know, right?" she sighed happily.

She spent the rest of the ride talking about all the 800-calorie horrors out in the popular restaurants and how her cousin got totally dumped when she put on five pounds. The moment that we came within sight of the right freeway exit, though, Alice interrupted again.

"You're sure I can't talk you out of Wal-Mart?" she said in an almost pleading tone. "I can direct you to..."

"Wal-Mart it is," I insisted. "We'll get more for our money."

Alice muttered something about "that's what I'm afraid of."

Of course, it being the first day of vacation for a few towns around the area, we couldn't get a parking spot anywhere but the back of the lot. Luckily, everyone except Alice had worn sensible walking shoes.

"I'll get a cart," Alice trilled.

Actually, I suspected that she was going to remove everything absolutely horrendous from the rack before we got through the automatic doors. Still, it would give me and Jessica space to talk.

"Hey," I whispered.

"What?" she whispered back.

"Can you help me?" I requested. "Alice has been telling me for weeks that she wants a makeover, bu
  14. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    "NO! NO no NO no NO!"

Hahaha. I can just hear her voice going up and down the octaves. :p

Ohh, this is going to be hilarious.

Ehh... all of these are good options. I think "C" has potential to be the funniest, though. :p
  15. Darth_Bliss Jedi Knight

star 1
    Interesting combination of characters. They really have the potential of being best friends... :p And yes, C it is.
  16. Fanficfan Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehehehehe
    Like you actually have to ask

'C'

hehehehe
    This is so much more fun than the ones my grandma bought me has a kid
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] Just the idea of Jessica trying to help Alice . . . :p

C.
  18. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    C also... though the thought of these three in electronics was interesting. Like the interaction between them. :)
  19. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    omg yes, c for sure!

btw this is amazingly inventive and fun!
  20. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    This is such a cool idea!!

Though I'm gonna have to go with A!
  21. DarkPowerUnlimited Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love yer idea, Darth Ishtar!
    I'll go with E. I want to know what Bella can blow up in the electronics. [face_mischief]
  22. THE EVIL CLIFFIE Force Ghost

star 2
    Great Idea!
    Um... I think "c", but the idea of bella in the electronics section of a store has great destruction Potential![face_mischief]
  23. DarthCynique Jedi Padawan

This is an entertaining story. Well done!

I vote A.
  24. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    Dang. I thought there was an update in here somewhere .... oh, well.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.