main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Twilight] The Switzerland Support Group

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    This is a gathering spot for the Twilight ficcers on this forum. I'd like to start an index here, so PM me with your stories and I shall put it up in the second post.

To start with, please answer the following:

Name:
    Favorite Twilight book:
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan):
    A link to one of your fics here:

2. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Index

A-M

N-Z

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Name: DarthIshtar
    Jacob or Edward?: Edward
    Favorite Twilight book: New Moon, but fully expecting to have that edged out by Breaking Dawn.
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Twilighter, but I am a Twihard Robert Pattinson fan
    A link to one of your fics here: My Big Fat Vampire Wedding

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Name: jedi_of_ennth
    Jacob or Edward?: Jacob plz
    Favorite Twilight book: New Moon
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Both; I love the books, but I'm a big fan of the entire movie cast. (Solomon Trimble and Taylor Lautner ftw!)
    A link to one of your fics here: Metastasis

5. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Name: Handmaiden_Rabe
    Jacob or Edward?: Edward, if you please.
    Favorite Twilight book: Twilight. I love that early stage in their relationship where they aren't really sure of anything yet.
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): More of a Twilighter than a TwiHard, but I am looking forward to the movie.
    A link to one of your fics here: Eyes

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Name: Idrelle, Idri or Drelly
    Jacob or Edward?: Jacob
    Favorite Twilight book: Twilight, followed by Eclipse and then New Moon; no idea where Breaking Dawn is going to fit in yet, but I do love them all. [face_love] (12/21: Though that has changed a lot in the months since I went to uni... I can say that I'm not a fan anymore, more of a curious spectator who critiques things a bit too much)
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Twilighter; can't say about the film until I see it. :p I am looking forward to it; hopefully it will be both a good film and good adaption of the book.
    A link to one of your fics here: None yet, but that might change soon. It depends on what the muse wants to write and when the plot bunnies bite! :D

12/21: Hey Furball, Shut Up and Listen

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Name: mavjade (mav)
    Jacob or Edward?: most definitely Edward
    Favorite Twilight book: Hmmm... that is hard, but I think I gotta go with Twilight
    Twilighter or Twihard?: Twilighter, though I'm sure I'll love the movie as well
    A link to one of your fics here: Don't have one posted, though I am working on one. I'm trying to finish it before I post!

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hey. By requests from powers on high, this is just going to be the discussion thread. The index will be separate.

So, Discussion 1:

What do you think is the hardest character to pin down?

9. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Name: Emeraldshadow or Marie
    Jacob or Edward?: Edward...quite obviously
    Favorite Twilight book: I'll say Breaking Dawn to make the blood vessels in everybody's head explode, but my real favorite is the original Twilight
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Since the movie isn't out yet, I'll say book fan
    A link to one of your fics here: coming soon

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Name: Nat
    Favorite Twilight book: Twilight
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): book

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Strangely, I think I have the most problems with Emmett, though I haven't gotten to Edward yet in my fic, so I haven't actually written him, but I think I'll be okay.

I don't really know why Emmett... I guess I don't want to write him always laughing at Bella or wanting to fight which I know he does a lot but, that isn't all he does and I would like to show that! I want to get into his head, and I find I can't.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I always write Emmett with a sense of humor. Not a Fred and George sense of humor, but a healthy one nonetheless. For example, in one fic, I have him sending missionaries to the succubi because he thinks they might get a kick out of it.

I have issues writing Edward.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I've never written any of them, but I think Esme and Emmett would be the hardest. Em for what mav said. Esme because she isn't seen a lot (haven't read BD) and she's just sweet-natured all the time; having her in a bunch of scenes would be hard.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Note to all: After a fiasco this morning in which one of my readers wrote a summary of the last 500 pages of Breaking Dawn into her review of my story on another site, PLEASE be careful what you say!

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Absolutely right, and a quick spoiler poliy reminder:

16. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Jasper eludes me. I can never get into his head, and it's worse when I'm trying to write him with Rosalie. I wish we could have seen them act as twins, but Bella never really saw that, did she?

Speaking of Rose, it's ridiculously hard to write her in first person. I've tried. It just... doesn't work for me.

I think it's especially hard because in my mind, the Cullens haven't adapted to speaking the 21st century 'language'. And having not lived back in the late 1800s - early 1900s, I have no clue how they should think.

Edward isn't as hard as I'd expected him to be, but he's not exactly easy. :p

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    In order to write Rosalie, I have to make my inner monologue very self-involved. Sometimes, it's more difficult than others.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I have a question about the Twilight-verse vampires. Basically, how do they feed on the blood? Are their fangs-pardon the metaphor-like tradtional vampire 'straw teeth', or is it like regular humans?

Any help would be appreciated greatly for a plot bunny I've got. :)

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Name: Sara
    Favorite Twilight book: Tie between Twilight and Eclipse. But really I loved them all. It's become my latest obsession.
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): emm...well I guess book since the movie isn't out yet...
    A link to one of your fics here: Family Dynamics

To answer Jon's question:

The vamps in the Twilight 'vers do not have fangs. Their teeth are extremely sharp, though, and they produce venom (saliva). From what I inferred from the books, they bite through the skin of their prey, causing venom to enter the wound which begins to paralyze the victom with pain, and then the vamp sucks the blood out that way and swallows it.

That help?

Sara

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes it does. Thank you. :) [:D]

21. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Name: karebear
    Jacob or Edward?: It's obvious that Edward is the right man for Bella, but personally I like Jacob better.
    Favorite Twilight book: New Moon
    Twilighter or Twihard? (Book fan or movie fan): Both. I can't make the call until I see the movie, but the trailers have me very excited.
    A link to one of your fics here: None yet. Hopefully soon.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So, Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edward's POV) was linked to the internet, and Stephanie Meyer has put it up (or what she's wriiten of it) on her website, saying that she didn't want fans to feel guilty about hunting down an internet copy, but she urges them notto read it since it's incomplete and unedited. Someone in SFFBC said that as an aspiring writer, he wouldn't read it because he would hate if something like that happened to him. What do you guys, as writers, think? Are you planning on reading/have you read it?

23. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Personally, I'd like to think I'm the kind of person that won't read it because Meyer asks us not to.

But curiosity might get the better of me.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I read three chapters of it because Kateydidnt sent it to me and went "Do you think this writing style is Stephenie Meyer?" and I said "This sounds like a rough draft or a really good fanfic." I may someday read it all, but only for characterization and now that she's made additional comments on her website.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I no longer care about Midnight Sun. I used to be pretty excited for it, but I was very, very disappointed with Breaking Dawn. I've also grown more disenchanted with Edward himself as I reread the series, though part of that may be my frustration with Bella's narration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.