main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Twilight] While She Slept--E/B Vignette set during Twilight

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Flowerlady, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Title: While She Slept
    Author: Flowerlady
    Genre: Romance, Vignette
    Characters: Edward/Bella
    Timeframe: During Twilight
    Disclaimer: All characters are owned by Stephanie Meyer.
    Summary: Edward contemplated what Bella means to him while he watches her sleep for the first time.
    Author?s Note: I?m not new to Fanfiction, but this is the first time I?ve stepped away from the Galaxy Far, Far Away. Please let me know what you think.

~While She Slept~

The moon was full, the gentle glow casting everything with a silvery light, as I stepped out of the woods behind Bella?s quaint little two story. I turned my face to meet the light. I belonged in this dark, shadowy world, lit only by the mystery of stars and moon. She wasn?t part of my world, she belonged to the world were the sun and light ruled. It was a world that shunned me as much as I had to shun it. But I had never been so attracted to her world as much as I am now; in fact, I?ve never been so drawn to a human before as I?m to Bella Swan.

My attraction to her blood I could somewhat understand, but it wasn?t only her blood that made me want to watch her sleep.

It was her utter beauty, both inner and outer. I know, that may sound corny, but it?s true. To me Bella was the most beautiful woman I?ve met in the hundred plus years of my existence.

I really had no idea what made me to this. I knew it?s crazy; I knew it was dangerous, not just to her, but to me and my family. But I had to see her. I couldn?t stop thinking about her.

I shook the thought out of my head and ran from the shadows of the edge of the woods and came to her window. I knew it was hers because I could hear her breathing, even through walls and a closed window, and across distance, I could hear her gentle breathing while she slept.

I saved her life yesterday. To my amazement, she kept her end of the bargain and hadn?t told anyone about the inconsistencies in the story, or about what she saw or suspects me of doing. I can?t help but find her theories humorous, but I wonder what she?d do if she knew the awful truth. I hoped she never found out what I really was. I?d rather have her think I was some sort of superman.

She could be my Lois Lane.

I leapt to the window and opened it in a movement that no human could ever track, even if I wasn?t the fastest in my family. I hesitated for only a breadth of a heartbeat, if my heart still beat, to listen to make sure the soft scraping of the sash didn?t alert her that I was there, but she hadn?t noticed the noise. She still slept like an angel of heaven.

I slipped into the room and closed the window, before the cold air from my world could disturb her. Her world was soft and warm, and even the silver light from the moon through the window didn?t seem as cruel, as mysterious.

I dared not move closer to the bed where she slept. I didn?t belong here. This wasn?t the place for monsters, only an angel.

My angel.

My Bella.

I had no right to think of her like this. She didn?t belong to anyone, but she drew me to her like a moth is attracted to a flame. At first, it was her overwhelming scent, the sweet, lusciousness of her blood. I hadn?t considered feeding on a human in nearly sixty years, but she had nearly been my undoing. Even now, though I swore that I?d never be able to harm her, I fought the urge to taste her.

No, I could never hurt her. I would destroy myself before I would bring her harm.

I took a deep breath even though I didn?t need it. I filled my lungs and my empty soul with her.

The scent of an angel.

She began to speak, causing a thrill to shoot through my dead body. I immediately thought she saw me, or sensed me somehow. Then I heard her murmur, ?Mom, I miss you. I wanna come home.?

Somehow that made me so sad. I knew from listening to her friends? minds that she was from Phoenix?another painful reminder that she could never be part of my world.

I watched as she turned from ly

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    First!

:D

Very, very nice Sara. You've caught Edward well here.

o_O Is this why I haven't seen the next bit of MoF yet?

:p

Cyn

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    *sniffs* Beautiful. Perfect Edward and Bella magic.
    Great Viggi!
    =D=

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Lovely, Sara! You captured Edward perfectly. :D

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so beautiful!!

6. jaina1415

jaina1415 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2008
  7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oh Oh Oh!!!! So very very very lovely!!!!

I took a deep breath even though I didn?t need it. I filled my lungs and my empty soul with her.

Most beautiful line!! I love it--you captured both the nobility and the humanity in Edward...and somehow you made me fall in love with bella just a teensy bit more...her innocence, yet the fire in her is so disarming!

Wonderful!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Very nice vignette, Flowerlady. It's nice to hear Edward's voice. I've only read Twilight so this was right up my alley.

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Awwwww! Very cute. :D

10. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    just lovely

like you, i have been tempted into this world. but i think this vignette is more romantic than the original book ...
    (apologies to Stephenie Meyer)

I guess that's what fanfiction is for ....

11. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I have really negelected things around here.....

Thanks so much for reading everyone. I've enjoyed your comments.....

Sara [:D]

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Beautiful Sara. [:D]

It's interesting how Edward thinks of Bella as an angel, when it was she who always compared him to an angel... and arch angel.

I loved it, very well done!

~Kick

Sorry, I'm late but I didn't catch Twlight fever until Thanksgiving when my niece drug me to see the movie. Needless to say it didn't take much to convince me to see it a second time. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.