Story [Twilight] You've Kept Me Waiting - Jasper/Alice vig

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 6, 2011.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Title: You've Kept Me Waiting
    Author: Miana Kenobi
    Genre: Romance
    Summary: In the spring of 1945, Jasper Whitlock meets a vampire that changes his life forever.
    Author's Note: I had originally intended to continue this on into a story, but I have an awful problem nowadays about never being able to write more than just a vig on an idea. Oh well. Jasper and Alice are my favorite Twilight characters, and both have such a unique background. I don't own it; though I wish I was smart enough to make millions off of trashy fanfiction.

A thick blanket of fog rested over the sleeping city of Philadelphia. The dark streets were empty save for the occasional cat chasing a rodent. The street lamps, arranged in neat rows, remained dark and unlit. Buildings attempted to extinguish any sign of light, keeping the city as dark as possible.

Jasper preferred it this way. With darkness, it made him blend in easier. He could walk the streets quietly and swiftly without anyone knowing he was there. While the fog allowed him to move as quickly as he desired without being seen, Jasper spent much time walking at a human pace. His boots hardly made a sound as he walked along the brick sidewalk; he had to remember to make them clunk noisily when he was around human he wasn?t intending to prey upon. Small little gestures such as that made him easier to forget.

The black fedora perched atop his head was pulled low, helping to hide both his thick curls and blood red eyes. A tattered black trench coat hung off of his slim frame. He supposed he looked like quite the mobster, a thought which always brought a small chuckle to his lips. Mobsters specialized in killing people and hiding the evidence.

Maybe he was one after all.

The smell of blood pierced his nostrils, causing his eyes to close tightly as he took in the scent. Two men were several blocks ahead of him. He soon picked up on the sound of their hurried footprints. His mouth salivated with venom. Less people were prone to roam the streets at night, especially in this darkness. Only those that had to be on the street were, making his choice of prey much simpler.

He found it strange that thirty years earlier he never would have spared a thought about his victims. Having lived with Maria for so many years in the South, he had grown accustomed to killing without hesitation. Survival of the fittest; predator eats prey, and so on.

Yet Charlotte and Peter had changed that. They had changed him.

He and Peter had fought beside one another in the War. Maria seemed to be impressed with Peter?s potential; he was one of the few newborns that Jasper had not been ordered to kill. The two fought and killed together. A trained soldier, Jasper had always been cautious about forming friendships with any of the newborns. Yet Peter somehow made his way into his heart as a trusted friend. It was he who first put the seed of doubt in Jasper?s mind that perhaps there were other ways to live.

Then Charlotte came.

Charlotte was a newborn; one of the many disposable soldiers in Maria?s vampire army. Yet her usefulness had worn off and Maria had ordered her demise. Jasper had been ready to carry out the order, yet Peter could not. He had grown close to her and begged Jasper to let her live. He even threatened to fight Jasper if he would not back down.

At the time, Jasper could not fathom what would make Peter not obey. They were both soldiers given a task to carry out. But Peter left with Charlotte, and Jasper stood by and did not stop them. There was a fire behind Peter?s eyes that had puzzled him.

Years later, when they returned to get him, he finally understood. Love. How it came about so quickly still baffled him, yet there was no denying the connection between the two. Love had brought them together and taken them far away from the hellish South, finding peace in the North where vampires didn?t have to kill one another to survive. Love had quite literally made them find peace.

Ja
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Aww, that was sweet!!

I really liked seeing Jasper's perspective, particularly about the wars.
  3. Lady_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Really great story! I've always wondered about Alice and Jasper's first meeting and you did a fantastic job. Both were in character, and can just picture the adorable yet confused look on Jasper's face at Alice's greeting.
  4. ratna Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice one! Jasper and Alice's story is very fascinating to me, too. Thanks for sharing your vision of it.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl