main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Twin Suns - An Insult to Darth Maul and Viewer Intelligence?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Before laughing at this thread, please understand that this is not designed as a rant thread. It's designed to start a discussion about why Rebels characters are seemingly shoehorned in to every major galactic storyline.

This was my rant yesterday: (please ignore the shouting and general angry mood, I was very irritated)

While I have obviously calmed down now, I cannot fathom how they thought it would be OK for Darth FLIPPIN Maul to go out in 3 strikes to an opponent he was shown to be superior to in TCW.

And it's not like he was weak in S2 of Rebels either, he beat 2 Inquisitors and matched up evenly with Ahsoka!

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I may have even been whatever with that though, had the episode actually focused on Maul and Obi-Wan. When you are doing a final episode about a decades old rivalry like Maul and Obi-Wan, screentime distribution should NOT be:

- Maul: 4 minutes
    - Obi-Wan: 2 minutes
    - Ezra: 16 minutes

Would it really have been that big a deal to have an episode without the Ghost crew? TCW had plenty of episodes without Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka.

Were there things I liked about the episode? Ya. But there was a clear lack of focus on the episode's central plotline, and I feel like this has been a recurring theme for this show, which could have been exceptional if the Ghost crew was not shoehorned into every storyline.

Anyone else agree with any of my points?

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I disagree. If only because he should've died back in the​ clone wars. His quick death not only illustrated how much Obi-Wan trained while in exile and that his "defeat" to Vader in ANH was his own choice, but it was also an apology to all of the fans that complained about him being shoehorned into the series unnecessarily.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You can talk about this in our Official Maul thread or the Twin Suns discussion thread. It doesn't need it's own thread.

Locking.

Subtext Mining likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.