main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Twin Suns Event Calendar

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to keep track of our events, meetings, etc that will remain in place.

I will begin by giving what is on the schedule for the next two weekends.
    First is of course LosCon. We are leaving Friday morning even though at one time there had been talk of going down Thursday evening. Family, money, and time will make it easier to go Friday. There are two rooms reserved and I believe that Derek may also have a room. In that we are covered. Most are returning on Sunday.

Second event on the schedule is FIDM on December 4th. That appears to be a one day trip. We really need as many as possible to go (I know Cheryl, that you are working and you will be missed.)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [No Sid'ious you are not going.] as we will once again be seeing SDSWS and OCSWS. Mom has been invited. Costumes welcome.

I will also throw out the date of our next meeting since with everything happening November's meeting was missed. December meeting is on the 16th at Borders.

2. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i am definitely planning on going to FIDM - but the official word from the Jerster is "if i'm scheduled off that day then i'm going," otherwise he's not. so i need to know who i could catch a ride with if he has to work.

also, while we're looking ahead, i thought i'd mention that the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe comes out on th 9th i believe, so is anyone interested in a group viewing?

3. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    i would want to see narnia with you, maybe as a group thing if we can get enough people to watch with us. it would be really cool to see

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    If you need a ride... I usually have plenty of room in the camery. I would also be interested in seeing Narnia on the 9th. =P~

5. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    You can count me in for Ninthia on the Narnth, er Nanith on Nirniner... Nondt and Nindnt... Nonny?

Me go too. now must eat... and SMASH!!!!!

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    me too! i wanna go!

7. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    so are we going to organize this eent or are we all going to show at different times?

we will have to talk to the theater and see what the show times are going to be.

8. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Found this on the WonderCon website, as a bit of a heads up... no pressure:D

"WonderCon 2006 is shaping up to be another stellar show! Rolling into San Francisco on February 10, 11 and 12,..."

9. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Next meeting and the first of the new year will be on January 20th at 7:00pm. Meeting to be held at Borders since they have moved the 'comfy' chairs back and we have space again.

An added scare-WonderCon is 51/2 weeks away.:eek:

10. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    the 20th??!!??. The same day Underworld 2 comes out??? Sounds good.

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    < Sounds good. >

[face_liarliar]

12. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Alright, we have a non SW event coming up. There is a mardi gras dinner dance for the visalia creative center. Any who want will be helping st. morts with... well basicly atmosphere as far as i know. Curently we are working on the scenery up above goshen ave. every tues. and thurs. at 6 pm. that all leads up to the dinner dance at the visalia convention center, now if you don't want to participate you could still attend. but it is a charity event, which means big bucks. i think about 100 a plate. So come help and get in free!

13. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    just a reminder, also a non-SW thingie:

there is supposed to be a mandatory meeting for Mort's this saturday-
    i think it is at 6:30 at margie's.

wherever that is. i'm sure we can get directions from her.

14. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    As in the 4th? If so the wizaard and I will not be able to attend as we are down South this weekend.

Let us know what happens.

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    proposed meeting place for this month (MARCH 17) is the tulare galaxy...

hoping for an extremely quick meeting, followed at long last by V FOR VENDETTA!!! (no, i'm not excited about it, not me. nope nope)

"remember, remember, the... 17th of march?"

and it should be noted that a certain beloved sith mother's birthday is the 16th... so there WILL be cake. good luck getting her age out of her, i did well enough to get the date.

so, wotcha think? sound good?

16. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I think it sounds great. Terricfic idea. Who thought of this?[face_thinking]

Now, we put the Wizard to work with the theatre to make final arrangements so they know we are coming.

17. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    welp, i can't say for sure one way or the other yet. my parents are both going out of town and had asked if we could do toad's birthday thing on that day.

BTW toad's surgery is today at 2. will let you all know how that goes.

18. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Sounds good to me Cheryl.... I would love to see "V" as well. Oh and celebrate a birthday.... who's was it again. HE HE.

19. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    kewl... be good to have you there!

20. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    surgery went perfectly, we now have a broken-off root and one cavity less little toadie.

saw charles and josh tinkering with the vw on the way home.

and looks like the 17th is probably a no-go for us, but i hope you all have fun!

21. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Glad to hear about Toad and that things went well.:)
    Sorry you can't make the meeting and movie.:(

22. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    you will be missed. really hoped to see you.

and i am going to make a cake for MP, too. she says she wants the white cake with the rainbow stuff in it, and pink frosting that tastes like chocolate... [face_liarliar]

23. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I can hardly wait.[face_sick]
    Do you look good in rainbow sprinkles?[face_devil]

24. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    but of course. and even better in pink frosting.

25. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    That would be white cake with rainbow sprinkles, pink frosting with sugar hearts and cany Princess lollipops.[face_batting]

And then you DIE!

But on to other matters- This months meeting is on Friday March 17th. At this time it is being held at the Tulare Galaxy Theatre. After the meeting it is planned to see V for Vendetta by those that are interested.

Other happenings this month- March 11th- 12th is the Renaissance Faire at Fresno City Collge for those that wish to go. Saturday is the day chosen for those not camping out at the Faire over the weekend and can only make one day.

March 25th is a group trip to FIDM. A good day trip and the exhibit is really cool. Garment District is also an option and I say for dinner or late lunch we go to Cantor's which has some of the best food in huge amounts at reasonable prices.

Oh and on the 18th practice and/so social gathering at the Wizards place.

Mother Palpatine, A Boy's Best Friend.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.