Twin Suns Logo Voting part 2

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Jun 21, 2005.

?

Twin Suns Logo Voting part 2

Poll closed Jun 28, 2005.
1a? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1b? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2a? 1 vote(s) 12.5%
2b? 7 vote(s) 87.5%
3a? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
3b? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    I finally got around to working on the logo some more. take a look at this and vote please =)

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/darth_tater_vader/OofTS-Color-Concept-w-Confi.jpg]

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome. Not feeling so well when I was working on this so pick it apart, we all have to be happy with it =)
  2. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    And for those wishing for a little more choices, I made up some contrasts for the logos already on the poll so please use these images for voting references. Thanks :D

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/darth_tater_vader/OofTS-Color-Concept-w-Confipart2.jpg]
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    But where are the burning dead bodies?
  4. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    it's hard for me to chose because i don't know what the background color is going to be. EX: black or white T-shirts? because the black lettering doesn't match anything and looks off... UNLESS the shirt or background in general were going to be black. if the shirt were going to be white, then definitely white lettering.
  5. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Liz,I think this is for the website logo, at least that is what I thought.

Hey Vader Tater, which is it?

Golda

PS Are we having fun yet?
  6. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's my two cents. I like lighter ones, but would it be possible to do something like a yellow and orange sun on a red gradient background. I'm trying to remember what the colors were in Star Wars. Or maybe yellow and red suns on orange. But I definitely think the background should be a gradient, maybe even an orange to red, bottom up. One of the suns might blend in at the base, could be cool. I was trying to play with it last night, but have discovered I don't know much about Photoshop, at all, even a little. I'll try again tonight (gotta work this afternoon), maybe I can get Paint to do what I'm seeing in my head.
  7. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    First things first =). This is for the website, and as such the choices made will determine the overall scheme of things when designing it. When it comes to t-shirts, cards, flyers and maybe even a banner, the design process changes. When it comes to designing the logos for those things we can use whatever color's we want, usually basing the color process then on the color of the material/card stock being used. I will try to not get ahead of myself though, and follow the old K.I.S.S. theory. Web page first. Everything else will follow. Knowing that the "Homestead" logo is the one we are going to use makes the first part done, this vote is to determine the look of the logo on the webpage. Once it concludes, I will be disappearing to this hole of a room and begin constructing our webpage.
  8. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes it is possible, yes I know how to do it, and Yes I will be doing something similar when I start putting in my "artistic" touches to the webpage. But I fear I should educate you on a logo is; a logo is meant to be very simplistic in design and minimalistic in colors, and this is for 2 reasons. First, for the better part of graphic design history the costs of adding color to logos was VERY expensive, and as such 1 color with black, and the color of your cardstock (albeit normally white), was the standard for printing presses until around 10 years ago. Second, the purpose of a logo is advertisement, as such logos have to be designed as such that the focus is the logo and not the colors persay, logos with too many "rainbows" or gradients lose their familiarity as the human brain focuses in on the color pattern "ooh shiny" as opposed to the logo itself

But to aleviate this, yes the logo on the website will be "prettied up" :D
  9. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Owen and Beru will be meeting their untimely demise on the Valley of the Sith theme for the Order of the Twin Suns website.

Coming soon to a dirty backworld planet near you!
  10. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmm, i still think whichever goes best with background color, like, maybe this will be more specific - is the little house part going to remain white, or will it be filled in with another color on the website? if it stays white then white lettering will be best and that's what i'll vote for.
  11. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    i like the black lettering, me. it stands out away from the white of the homestead.

12. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Now, I see where you are going.. yes the "homestead" will remain white )
  13. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Your explanation of the logo process is right on. I have been doing graphics/web design for about 15 years now. I love your "rainbow" point, and coloring the text was right on target. LOL. :D

Only one thing though.... when you make a logo, the logo should be used for everything you print/publish so your organization/product is easily recognizable. Even for fan groups (such as ourselves) if we create a logo, that logo should be used for everything. Changing it for various funtions/products/reasons, causes confusion. I would suggest, the logo we pick, be the PRIMARY logo used for everything we do in relation to the Club. If we where to print T-Shirts, Mugs, Membership Cards or Banners, the Logo should remain constant, however the setting of the logo is what can change to suit the funtion/product/reason for it's inclusion thereto.

Just my 2 cents.... Keep up the great work.

Edit: Also, I think the top images are better quality. The conrasting doen't look as good, especially with the white shadow on the text. Remember, the logo will be scaled for various uses. We want it to be simple and easily scaled.
  14. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    I cant keep my hands out of the jar.... here is another shot everyone let me know what ya think... gonna keep spilling them out till I feel we are happy. My apologies its been well over 4 years since I have last thought about a logo, Thanks for keeping me honest Derek [face_peace] =D

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/darth_tater_vader/Round-Logo-concept.jpg]
  15. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it, but I still want to see burning bodies.
  16. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Soon grandmum, very soon, and perhaps we will be able to crush the rebellion with one swift stroke.
  17. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, yeah... famous last words... :p

18. Emperors-hand Jedi Knight

star 1
    First of all I would like to know why everything you're posting is in my signature color? That's it you're sleeping on the couch. Second I really like the new one you just put out with the round border it would look great on a t-shirt too.

ps you post in pink again and I'm gonna have some words with you mr lol

--mara
  19. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    THIS IS CRIMSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  20. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the new design, round... but not sure I like the Gray. ;)
  21. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    So let's see if this works...

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/gregalodon/9966261a.jpg][IMG][/URL]]

Hey, I did it! Who says follow-your-nose computing isn't a viable solution.

Anyway, here's kinda what I was seeing in my head, you'll have to forgive the image quality. I put it together in Windows Paint so the gradient is a little clunky, but I think it does get the idea across.

There isn't any text, I just wanted to get the image out. I can draw much better than I can explain it with words.

I also dig the round logo by the way.
  22. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
  23. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    i very much like the round logo, and i am partial to the grey. it gives the homestead more of a "silhouetted against the binary sunset" look than stark white (or off-white, or navajo white, or cream, or whatever, just to head that quibble off at the pass)

how it would blend in with a black tshirt, don't know- of course the tshirts should be black as a sith heart, jedi beige is not a practical colour to keep clean. :p

before you start simmering, josh: yes, i know that's a bit ahead of things.. i just tend to think in terms of tshirts is all.

not sure how i feel about the drop-shadow or the gradient at this point. they are nicely done, but sorta...busy. kinda liking the simplicity of the design, the round one.

24. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Its our logo, not mine. So whatever everyone wants to go with is fine by me. :D
  25. Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Taking the Color scheme presented by Greg here are a couple of possible designs.

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/darth_tater_vader/Round-Logo-Concept-2.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.