main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Twin Suns Logo Voting part 2

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Jun 21, 2005.

?

Twin Suns Logo Voting part 2

Poll closed Jun 28, 2005.
  1. 1a?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1b?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2a?

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 2b?

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  5. 3a?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 3b?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    i like the round one with the dark outline and light letters....i really like the bit of gradient to the colour (although the yellow sun has a bit of a greenish cast to me, but that could just be my computer, of course...yellow is also one of those colours that i can always find something icky about...cuz...well....it's yellow)...but all in all...yeah...i like that one the best personally.....relatively simple in design...easily read lettering....yadda yadda yadda....

and no i didn't vote on the other ones....not because i didn't like them...but because this is your guys (you guyses....youse guys...how the heck does one word that anyway??) logo, website, etc....i'm just sittin here waiting for my brother to arrange that little planet in the back of beyond.....c'mon Supreme Chancellor boyo....i's gots plans to plot and fiendish deeds to carry out here.....after all....Somebody's got to be the one that pops in every once in awhile and everybody (well...most everybody)....can go..."who the heck is that anyway??"

meow...

me*

2. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Thanks for the reply, I agree with the yellow sentiments, the yellow border is just a little too loud, and less than eye friendly. Had to put it up there for a choice though =). A little concerned about the yellow sun appearing greeninsh on your monitor, I used 98%yellow and 2%magenta in that color, if anyone else has problems with colors having a greenish tint please post it. I didnt use cyan in the color scheme so I am a little curious if anyone else is having the same display issue.

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I like the black one much better, the whole sillouette thing works for me, very cool. (Plus it's dark enough that smouldering bodies will look extra "Sithy", certain to please the Dark Side). And the orange outer ring will set it off nicely, even on a black background.

4. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    ok...had to be curious about the breakdown of colour on the yellow sun....so i snagged a copy of the file...and checked it out with the little dropper function...in PSP it breaks down to....R 238, G 242, B 25....of of course i tweaked it a little bit (darb quit worrying...i didn't overlay it with a bunch of stuff...and kept it to only two layers instead of the normal 20+) anyhow...tweaking the yellow to R255, G255, B 0....that got rid of the green cast...and btw...don't do a second layer with overlay as the glue...unless you want to majorly emphasize the red in the colours....

oh wow...i just realized....this colour scheme is vaguely reminiscent of the shirts we have to wear at work now to advertise for the trade stuff....upside of that??....i can vouch for these particular colours looking pretty sharp on a black t-shirt

meow...

me*

5. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Bleh talkin about bein absent minded this morning, I saved the wrong logo, I re-loaded the picture with the correct coloring... someone needs to smack me at practice for the ignorance :_|

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/darth_tater_vader/Round-Logo-Concept-2.jpg]

6. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    ok, since you asked so nicely! :D

like the round one, the black w/ gradient works ok for me.

BUT. maybe a little more variation in colour, red sun almost disappears to me, and it might be a problem in printing at some point?

i'm just saying.

(oh, and hi, evil sister!)

7. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Right on. I like the darker one, due to the fact that it remonds me of a presidential-like logo, and hey, controlling the world is what we Sith love to do. [face_devil]

8. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I will keep this simple; I don't like yellow unless it is on a flower or lemon. The dark is nice but will be better with burning bodie. Maybe add a little pile of Jawas off to the side.

Golda

9. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    Ok, now I REALLY LOVE the black background and colors chosen for the sun's. The Yellow background is a bit to hard on the eyes. :)

10. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    OOOOHHHHH, now that I REALLY like. The black one, yes, the black one.

11. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    i Think the black one is the best it really gives it an extra punch . its a real looker!;)

12. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Yuppers, its all about the black one. :)
    --mara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.