Tucson TWINS: CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA IS OUR TWIN CITY!! Please make them feel welcome!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 3, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4

What is the twinning program

The programme aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' between two boards that usually would never have met. This starts virtually, but could ultimately end up in real life meets and the inclusion of your twinned chapter in the header of your board

Please click on this link and go say hello to our twin and make some new friends, and please when they post here make them feel welcome!!

This is something Jada and I have wanted for a long time.. we hope it brings an added measure of enjoyment to being a part of a fan force!! Please join in and enjoy.
    Jada and I are also in discussions about doing a Book Club in "tandem" with each group and having a discussion thread for each book alternating forums.

What better way for us to become more and more Star Wars integrated.. by having a twin!!!
  2. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    So come on down and kiss your sisters! :*

8-}
  3. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Sister Jada, keep that habit on straight now, you hear [face_devil] O:) [face_mischief]
  4. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! Who do I look like, Luke?!?[face_shame_on_you]
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehehe..... :D
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL I am so red from embarrassment and laughing ..I can't see straight.. and funny thing is.. I doubt anyone in either group understands why..

I will let you in on the amusment of the situation.. and wind up embarrassing Hal and myself as I do it.. sorry bout that.. but Hal you did step into it with what you said...

but boy oh boy.. if you looked like Luke you would be in trouble with my other half... LOL after all.. we all know how much I am in love with Luke!! You'd have to hide out from me all the time.. I would not be able to behave in your presence....

the whole scenario just made me start to giggle like a teenager profusely.. now that I have suffiently embarrassed myself I shall go back to reading my book... Triple Zero... one might want to check this book out.. really really good so far.. and the last page of chapter ten totally knocked my socks off my feet.. I would have NEVER expected that!!! Then there is chapter three that made me cry when I read it.. so so emotional!!
  7. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    What did Star Wars teach us? That we can kiss our sisters!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Star%20Wars%20pics/leia_luke_kiss.jpg]
  8. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Is that a real or doctored photo??
  9. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello everyone. I know some of the Tucson members and I am looking forward to meeting the ones I have not met yet. :D
  10. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    If Leia is truly Luke's sister, then why is Luke trying to look down the top of her shirt?:eek:
  12. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oy!
  13. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi there!
  14. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    ah.. nevermind.. if you didn't get it... then I am not so embarrassed :)
  15. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6

Well yes but at that point he didn't know she was his sister and besides the photo is just Mark and Carrie goofing off for a change. :p ;)

Sister Kissers Unite! 8-} :*
  16. jedirevan1 Jedi Master

star 1
    I think a get together party at C4 is in store for us and our Twin city? [face_mischief]

Not that we'd need another reason to party at C4 [face_whistling]
  17. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, so what you're saying is ignorance makes incest okay?:D :eek:

I don't think Lucas is ever going to live that storyline down...[face_shame_on_you] [face_not_talking] :oops: [face_shame_on_you]
  18. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi everyone. Here is something I read on www.thedigitalbits.com last night. Look under the section called The Rumor Mill. I thought you guys might be interested in it...

Also today... a follow-up on something we've been telling you to expect for quite while now. 2007, as you may well be aware, is the 30th anniversary of the original Star Wars' debut in theaters. You'd have to be stupid not to know that Lucasfilm is going to have big DVD release plans with which to celebrate the anniversary, and we've been telling you that was the case for many months now. Indeed, during our last visit to the Ranch for the DVD release of Episode III, producer Rick McCallum confirmed that a box set of all six films was going to happen eventually, and animation director Rob Coleman even let it slip that the puppet Yoda from Episode I had already been replaced with a new CG Yoda to match Episodes II & III for the "future" release. T-Bone over at Star Wars Universe recently speculated about this box set, and we've been quietly checking in with our industry sources on it as well. Well, we've confirmed it: There IS a big, ultimate, 6-film Star Wars anniversary DVD box set planned for 2007. There will be more changes to the films, and there will be LOTS of new, never-before-seen special features - all the good stuff that was held back by Lucasfilm from the original Trilogy DVD release a few years ago. Think deleted scenes and more. We don't know if good, genuinely-REMASTERED versions of the original theatrical editions of the films will be included or not (though how you could call the set "ultimate" without them, we don't know). We don't expect high-definition versions yet, as those formats are just too new. We don't have ANY other details for you yet, so please don't ask. But as you consider whether or not to purchase the "limited edition" DVDs due on 9/12... we thought you should know that more IS absolutely on the way next year. 'Nuff said for now.
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    very nice.. I knew it would happen, but nice to see a confirmation.. I will wind up buying both sets anyway.. sigh.. only with lay away plan though..
  20. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    our twin Charlotte has a new Historian, make sure you go and say congratulations to TK-2970
  21. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'd just like to say our board scrolling header > your board scolling header [face_mischief]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby