main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twins (Or in your case triplets :p)

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by Lord_Ogli, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Northern accent? That was Tony the Tiger surely :p

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Comes Tony from the North? ;)

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    No, he's a tiger, he comes from india :p Or maybe London zoo [face_thinking]

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    :p
    I don't think I have a strong regional accent tbh! If anything, my accent has been taken hostage by the Americans and they don't seem keen to give it back unblemished, tho when doing an open day at Manchester Museum once, I was asked if I was Canadian lol. Then again, when under duress, I probably slip into scouse as it is so prominent around me, along with Lan-cah-shire :p Haven't got a clue what my home town of Warrington accent is like lol, probs lancashire like.

As for languages, yeah I stink at them, they are so hard, so I am easily impressed by people who can do more than one language, and if they can hold a conversation in both at same time - wow! Though I did impress the ladies who cleaned our rooms in Rhodes, I said good day (kalimera) and evening (kalispera) to them when I saw them, that made them giggle, and for some reason I kept ending up with a huge pile of chocolates on my pillow (they usually leave one per occupant) when I got back to the hotel in the evening. I think I pulled! Someones grandma! *collapses*

5. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    :D too bad, that won't work for me to get extra chocolate :p

I am astonished every day at the richness of UK accents, but I admit the northern one is the best; everytime I go like "aaaaaaaaw, how cute!"
    internally, that is.

6. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    I have to remeber that, when I need some chocolate. ;)
    Good luck with the grandma. ;)

You have your own ways, Maat, I am sure. :D

7. marte

marte Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
  8. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    when I picked up my mail at the welcome desk last week, the lady compimented me for having such a "joli" (cute) accent....
    at least that was one of the nicer ladies...usually they just frown at you "ahh more stupid ERASMUS-students who don't speak french fluently...what are you here for, anyway?"

9. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    I think there are quite some expereinces with this kind of problem... *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.