main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twins!

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Jedi_Jimbo, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I don't know half of the bands/singers that are in the german charts... I guess being abroard is one point, but also being too old... (how could those teens buy such crappy accoustic pollution as "crazy frog"? even "schnappi das kleine krokodil " was better! (NOT) even one of my french fellow students always sings schnappi LOL

go-away: good old babelfish... "leck mich" means (literally) "lick me" but is used as "piss off" or (in a less drastic way) "leave me alone"

music... that varies from soundtracks and classical (when I'm in the mood for it) to usually rock/punk/ska/alternative
    Bands: Ska-P, Millencolin, British Sea Power, Franz Ferdinand, The Rasmus (old stuff!not the new), sometimes system of a down, green day but also Jack Johnson, Elliott Smith, Flogging Molly, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Mando Diao, Maroon 5, Me first and the Gimme Gimmes, The Hives

German Bands: Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen, Soortfreunde Stiller, Juli, Wir sind Helden, Tocotronic, Element of crime, Funny van Dannen, Joint Venture, H-Blockx, Kettcar, Rantanplan

and maaaaaaaaaaaany more....

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ah....so much Cranberries music I love! Personally I love the first two LPs (No need to argue & Everybody else..) the best....I saw them the one and only time live in 1995 in Manchester...fantastic show....

'Ridiculous thoughts' is one of my fave songs [face_love]

ps. Lord O - so whats with the Jedi outfit then mate???? :confused:

If ye be Sith, then ye need something a little.....'blacker':-B You certainly liked my Blue Jedi/Good Guy FX at GMEX...[face_thinking] I sense that you have strayed from the true path of Jediism - probably due to all those late nights! :p Get some chocolate down ya - that will do you the world of good!

3. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    what exactly does * BUMP * translate to in German? :p

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Stoß :p

5. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    jetzt wundere mich ich, was ich über sagen sollte northen Gewinde für unsere deutschen Vetter??

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Eindrucksvoll - am eindrucksvollsten. Aber Sie sind ein Master Jedi noch nicht. Beeindrucken sie sie mit ihren armeengeschichten Herr Dave. Behalten sie, um auszugraben.
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/davebooth.jpg]

7. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    OH- lieb - hes erhielten pics von mir an hier jetzt

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah, so this has mutated to a happy-german-learn thread? :p But your German sounds quite good to me. =D=

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    why thank you Chilla!

I would also like to thank Translator.com too for their assistance! [face_blush]

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh]

If you need a good dictionary, you can have a look at www.leo.org. It is helping me with my English.... [face_blush] But works in both ways, of course.

11. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    mein Deutsch ist okayasi haben deutsche Familie nahe lemgo

12. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    So, did we scare off the nice Germans? :(

13. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    i dunno possibly

14. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Maybe we should go with Black Scout's idea and go Yankside? They seem to get the twinning off the ground.

15. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I think the German and North CRs went down the pub and never came back...or at least they never told us they had come back....?

16. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol! I have just been on the York/Lancaster US chapter boards, posted something there. I think the German posters we got here were great, just not sure about sustaining the ongoing twin. Plus, it may be a good idea to look for a group we can meet in real life, CIV is just round the corner.

17. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh blimey, we stood a chance but now you've posted Tim - well, that's blown it :p

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Haha! Don't be mean, I am sure they'll talk back to me one day! Once they have forgiven me :p

19. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
  20. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Good Caroline. I don't think this particular twinning would be the way forwards for us after the way it died a death so quickly.

Having a twin just for the sake of it is pointless, if we are to have one then it should be an active one. Since we're quite small and Germany already have 2 twins it probably wasn't best.

Maybe rather than just going looking for a chapter to twin with we should look out for chapters where we have already made other friends, eg where we have met people at international meets etc? just an idea i feel will make the twin idea last a bit longer.

21. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Agree with ya there :D

Limits the selection which can only be a good thing.

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I have a suggestion for a FF twin, one that isn't twinned and is in Europe. And I think they will be coming over for CE next year :D

FF Greece - http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_greece/b10346/p1

They are active on their boards, most members can speak/write great English (so language isn't a barrier), they have been active in the recent Fan Force Europe meet.

What do you think? I checked the US ones, most are taken or inactive, shame about York/Lancaster tbh - since that would be a perfect North link - the two Roses of the North.

23. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    twinned with FF: Greece sounds like a very cool idea

24. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Well from having gone over to their chapter and had a look, all I can say is, yep, I think those mad Greeks up certainly up for it :D

25. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    sorry i left you for a bit [face_blush] i'm sure we would like to be twinned with this chapter, and i'll be the personal representative or whatever, given that i'll come to your place any way, soonish. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.