main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twist of Fate - An AU Sequel to Where You Are

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Feb 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi shook her head. "Well, at least we didn't mean to come this time. We just reacted."

She sighed. "Master is probably in a panic by now. She doesn't know about the time machine this time."

2. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Kendol had an idea. "I wonder... I wonder if my master is still with me now. Because if the time bars not the force... Then maybe...maybe I could talk to him, and ask him to talk to Master Ava...so that she doesn't worry. He has a connection with her, you know?"

Kadi nodded. "Yeah. But I don't know whether your master exists outside of the reign of time."

"I don't know... We'll have to see... We'll have to see..."

3. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked out the viewport as they approached the planet.

It was exactly the same as last time.

Right before the attack.

She glanced at Kendol. "Any luck with Master Orilik?"

4. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "No," he responded. No contact from Orilik yet. "He never shows up when I call out to him. I just look up and he's there..."

He glanced about, but found no bluish glowing shadow.

Kadi sighed. "We're almost there."

"Just what I've always wanted." He remembered the past again. "Maybe this time I should avoid that big mouthed Ana." [face_tee_hee])

"Oh force," Kadi muttered. "If I remember correctly, we should have brung Obi-Wan. We could have just handed him over to them, and we would avoid all of those problems."

"Skywalker should have skipped teenage girls at his academy," Kendol muttered.

The com squawked. "We're coming in for a landing, take a seat now."

5. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi sat down beside Kendol.

She couldn't wait to go exploring in the forest again. It was one of the most beautiful places she had ever seen.

But maybe this time she would avoid telling all those girls her last name. Then maybe she could avoid the questions.

Kadi bit her lip. She wondered if the attack would come again in this future.

Well, if it did, they'd be ready.

6. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol looked out at the forest as they descended the ramp from the Falcon.

Standing there was a group of beings. There was C-3PO, and R2-D2, Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo, Tionne, Kam Solusar, and -Kendol frowned- Kyp Duron.

They all stepped forward, the adults all greeting the people. Finally, they were introduced to the people.

The droids were kind, the Solo trio as well. The Jedi were courteous, and Kyp was more than courteous. Kendol remembered well and scowled at the man.

"Well," Luke said. "Let us get you some place to stay. You can converse with us all over dinner."

Kendol just smiled faintly. Somehow things weren't going to get better.

7. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked around, smiling slightly.

She had been given the same exact quarters again.

She still hadn't figured out why she had been given a master's quarters.

Just then, there was a knock on her door.

Kendol walked in a moment later.

"Same room?" She asked.

8. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Yup," he said. It had been the same exact place.

Kendol smiled at her, fingering his saber lightly. Suddenly he heard a faint noise, turned and saw that bluish glow of his master.

"Kadi," he said aloud. "I think we're in luck."

Master Orilik smiled.

9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked over at where Kendol was staring, but saw nothing.

She frowned. "Master Orilik is here?"

"Yes." He nodded, smiling.

She looked at the spot again, wishing she could see something.

10. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Boys,they never grow up! Even after living an entire life... ;)

[face_laugh]

Well, I really don't like to repeat myself too many times, but here I am again, saying that this torie is very good! Keep it up,please! :)

11. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Thanks Ana... :)

======================

"I'm glad to see that you've followed us, Master," Kendol said to the bluish figure.

Orilik nodded. "I as well. Now you know that while you're out here off galavanting, Palpatine is pushing the Senate towards voting out Volorum."

Kendol frowned. "We're not galavanting. We're saving lives."

"I know, I know."

"Master," Kendol said calmly. "We need to ask a favor of you." Orilik nodded his approval. "We're afraid Master Ava would worry over us..."

"And you want me to explain this to her?" Orilik asked, raising an eyebrow. Kendol nodded. "Well...I guess I could. I've never appeared to anyone but you before... But...I should be able to do it."

Kendol smiled. Such a relief... For his master, at least. "Thanks, master."

Orilik grinned. "May the force be with you."

12. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi watched as Kendol talked to his master. To her it looked like he was having a conversation with the wall.

Finally, he turned to her, smiling.

"He's going to do it?" She asked.

"Yes."

Kadi smiled. "Well, that's one less thing we have to worry about."

13. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Yeah," Kendol said. "Now we need to convince the others that we know an attack is coming."

"That's easier said than done," Kadi muttered, glancing around.

"Well... I'm going on down to dinner," Kendol said absently, moving towards the door.

"Okay," she replied. "I'll catach up with you in a second."

He smiled and walked out the door.

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ava walked into her quarters. She was frustrated, angry, scared, sad, etc..

Noone knew what had happened to Kadi and Kendol. They had just disappeared.

What scared her more was that she couldn't sense them through the force. They were gone. Even Master Yoda couldn't sense them.

"Ava, they are fine."

She spun around at the sound of that voice, letting out a gasp.

"Orilik?" She managed to ask, staring at the figure standing there.

"Hello Ava. It's good to see you again." He smiled. "Kendol asked me to tell you that he and Kadi are both fine."

"Where are they?" Ava asked, still trying to get over the shock of seeing Orilik again.

"The future. They will try to get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, try not to worry. They are in good hands." He slowly began to fade away. "It was good to see you again."

"Orilik, wait." Ava called, but it was too late. He was gone.

15. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Orilik meshed himself through the flow of the force. The force knew not the restraints of time. He was bound not to the endless turning of time, he was bound to the force, to the light.

Around him beams of white light seemed to wrap like the webs of spiders around him, pulling him towards the massive super-nova behind him. But he could not give into fate just yet. He had to watch his padawan. The light grabbed at him and he felt himself being drawn into the mass of life. The mass of life was in essence death. A bitter irony of sorts.

He felt the whisper of words, totaly ununderstandable, pass over his ear as he pulled at the strings of light. He willed himself forward and one by one they snapped back like whips, but did not return. He had survived yet again, but the attack would be different next time, and stronger. Eventually he would allow himslf to be assimilated into the collective body of the force.

Suddenly space turned and shifted on him as life itself stood on edge. The force rippled in chaos and life and death knew no boundries. Time was ripped from all rulebooks and was evaded, and stomped on.

Death knew not life, and life knew not death. Suddenly he stood in a room in the Yavin temples. He was there, yet not there. He could see, yet he could not be seen. He could see the mirror, but no reflection would he find. Not even the eyes of his padawan would he be able to entreat with his translucent vision.

He closed his eyes and the world shifted, suddenly he was standing in a room, a strange looking creature with a ampitstaff staring down a boy no older than Kendol. The boy stood over Leia Organa Solo, neir Jaina Solo. It was Jacen Solo.

The world shifted and he stood on a long desolate dune. Tattoine.

"Over here!" He heard the metalic voice cry out. C-3PO, no doubt.

The world shifted again and Darth Vader stood befor ehim, his metalic and asthmatic breathing overcoming all of the noise from the control station of the Executor.

Then it shifted again and he was in a swamp, again and he was in the clouds, again he was in a forest, and again and he stood in front of the Emperor himself. Off in the corner Bevil Lemelisk was screaming as the pirhana beetles tore at his flesh, and the Emperor cackled.

The world shifted again, and he was back on Yavin as Kendol Torisma walked into the large eating room. Luke Skywalker sat at the head of the table, next to Mara Jade Skywalker.

He heard a noise from behind him and turned about. Others milled through the room. He recognized some over others. Legends of the order.

A tall man walked up to him. He wore the robes of a Jedi and had the wisened eyes of an oldened master. His face showed the lines of struggle and his scarred hands, the years of fighting.

"Troubled times, these are," the man whispered faintly.

Orilik nodded. "That they are, that they are."

"You haven't given in yet?" The man asked. He looked as if he was accusing him of triesen. Yet the man was milling about just the same as he.

Orilik shook his head. "Not yet. I still have cards in the game, and the winner has yet to be found."

"They're about to call," the man remarked.

Orilik smiled. "What do we got?"

16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked out at the jungle.

The attack would come in about two weeks, if not sooner. They had to convince that it was coming, but that was easier said than done. Noone trusted them.

Sighing, she grabbed her robe and headed for the dining hall.

17. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol was talking to Mara and Luke Skywalker. Orilik glanced over at him and walked over towards them.

"...can't tell you," Kendol was saying. "But I can guarantee it. You need to get the younger people off this place and out of here."

Mara had her hands on her hips. "I can't see how they would attack us here. And plus, we've thwarted attacks before from some heavy duty people."

'Yes, and you lost Dorsk 81 in the process,' Orilik thought. He had seen that event several times. Dorsk 81, a Jedi of this time period had used so much of the force it litteraly fried him. There was a statue of him outside of the temple.

"Mara, you need to do this. I don't want these little shildren to be hurt. There's a significant chance that many of us will be hurt as it is." He sighed. "I know you don't want to leave Yavin-" there were several inaudiable gasps around the room- ", but I would advise it for all of us."

"We cannot leave Yavin," Luke Skywalker said calmly. The jedi master always held a level of calmness. He seemed so much different than Orilik remembered. He knew Luke to be a immature boy, and at the same a wisened old man. After the Vong and before the Empire. Two dots, completely apart from on another, converged overtop the midpoint of their line segment.

Kendol glanced about as if looking for help, but there was none around. The room shifted and suddenly he was in a room where Kadi-Wan practiced lightsaber fighting agsint a girl of her own age. The world shifted again and he was back amongst Kendol and the Skywalkers.

Not a split second had passed since he moved away. The world shifted again and he saw Ava nervously pacing through her quarters. She was whispering to herself, and he fought the urge to appear and try to comfort her. The world shifted again and once again Kendol was glancing around.

"There's no way you can allow this to happen," he was saying defiantly.

"We don't know that ANYTHING is going to happen," Mara said angrily. "And I'm starting to have suspicions about you, boy! I don't know what you're pulling at, but you're not going to get us off this planet. That ship is doen for. They won;t be bringing it on-line for a long time. And we'll have destroyed it by then."

"It's most likely already up aga-"

"How do you know? Are you a spy? DO you work for Orion?"

"Mara," Luke said warningly, touchign ehr arm with his. "We found him in the past. He doesnt work for Orion."

Mara sniffed, glaring at Kendol. "Orion could have sent him in the past before we went, you know. This boy knows to much to be just a little teenager."

Luke frowned. "I blew up a Death Star at his age, and saved a Princess. You're never too young for anything."

"You're also Luke Skywalker," she scoffed. "One in a trillion."

Orilik shook his head. Married people...

"Uh...I don't care about Death Stars or saving princesses or being one in a trillion, I'm just worried about getting off this damn rock before-"

"Watch your tongue when speaking to adults, young man!" Mara scolded. She sounded more like the instructor that Luke was trying to turn her into than the Mara Jade of old. Luke just shook his head in frustration.

"-we all get killed." Kendol frowned at Mara. "I'll say what I damn well please, and you ought to start listening 'fore you find a sithspittin' laserbolt through your chest."

Mara's face went red with anger. Looked just like her mother... "I ought to take you to the jungle and teach you a little discipline!"

"Oh come off it! I'm old enough to be your father!" Orilik had to laugh, though no one could hear it. Kendol shook his head angrily when Mara just glared at him. "You all can;t see reason. I hope the whole damn fleet comes down on you! Then maybe you'll listen to me."

Kendol turned and angrily stalked off. The world shifted again and he stood in the swamp again. Yoda stood at the edge, staring at him. It shifted again and he no where, and everywhere. Seperated from time again. He just sighed, and everythin shifted, K

18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi walked into the room to see Kendol yelling at Mara and Luke.

She quickly walked over.

"Will you both please calm down?" She said calmly. "What's this all about?"

"They don't believe we're going to be attacked."

Kadi looked at him for a moment, then at Luke and Mara. "He's telling the truth."

"Why should we trust you?"

"We're telling the truth. Use the Force to see if you don't believe us."

19. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "There are...methods," Mara said angrily. "Of blocking one's intents and emotions from the force. We cannot be sure you are telling the truth."

Kadi sighed. "Yes you can, we're not using any of that stuff."

"How do we know?"

"Mara," Luke said softly, with a warning in the undertone.

Mara sighed. "I don't want to trust you," she said, her voice a bit more level. "I think you're up to something. Things like this don't just happen, and I want no part of it. Now off with you two! We'll talk later!"

Kendol sighed angrily and stalked off, fists clenched, grabbing at his saber.

Orilik frowned as the world shifted again. That boy would never learn... Nor would his daughter...

20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi sighed. She looked over at Luke, who had been calm through the arguement.

Shaking her head, she turned and headed after Kendol.

She soon found him, standing on his balcony, staring at the darkened jungle.

"You ok?" She asked, coming up behind him.

21. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol turned to her, and smiled slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just wished I could talk some sense into that Sith woman's thick skull!"

"Well, Kendol," Kadi said softly. "It's not every day that you meet people from like fifty years before that know everything that's going to happen in your present time." She sighed. "It's just difficult for them to believe or understand."

"Well, she doesn't have to be so fierce about it," he muttered half-heartedly, turning back to glance at the jungle around.

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled. "Maybe, maybe not. I think it scares her. Us knowing more about what is going to happen than she does of her own future. You would think it would be the other way around."

She stared up at the stars. "Let's hope we can convince them soon."

23. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Yeah, let's hope," Kendol said. He grinned at her. "Would you like to take a nice stroll through the jungle?"

She grinned. "You know I would. But it is getting dark..."

"Didn't stop you last time," he pointed out with a smile. "And I want to go, and I'm not going alone. I might come back and find you having another dinner with Kyp." He grinned.

She frowned. "Kendol, don't start that again!"

He laughed. "Just kidding! Come on, let's go!"

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled slightly. "No, it didn't."

She looked at him. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

A week passed and they still hadn't convinced Luke and Mara to evacuate the young Jedi.

It was frusturating. Kadi was constantly on the edge. At any moment the attack could come and they weren't prepared.

25. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    The universe shifted again.

Kendol was standing in front of a group of dark clad Jedi. Kadi-Wan stood next to him.

The Jedi included Mara jade Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Kyp Durron, Kam Solusar, and Tionne.

"...many times do we have to tell you!?!" Kendol was exclaiming. He glanced about angrily. "You all are more stubborn than Obi!"

They looked at him inquisitevly, exchanging glances with each other. They each shrugged and turned back to him. Kendol let out an exasportated sigh and flung his arms into the air.

He marched out of the room, his feet stomping like a procession. "There's no way I could ever talk any sense into these idiots!" He scoffed.

Kadi was following him. Kendol turned to Kadi, "Let's leave, Kadi," he said suddenly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.