main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twist of Fate - An AU Sequel to Where You Are

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Feb 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi looked at him. "What?"

"Lets leave. Why should we stay if they don't believe us?"

"Kendol, we can't go. We have to help them when the attack comes." She sighed. "Besides, where would we go?"

2. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    This is bery bad... Bery bad indeed!

**waits for the next posts**

3. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    Kendol frowned. "I've been thinking about it. I mean, we're not goign to make much difference against the attack. We"ll only get ourselves hurt. I thought that maybe we could... well... like... I know this will sound crazy, but why don't we stay in this time?"

She looke as if she'd never seen him before.

"I mean... We've lived a whole life back there already. WHy can't we try to do something we don;t know about. You know... Palpatine is gone now, everything is alright!"

"Kendol!" Kadi exclaimed.

"And no, I don't care about leaving everyone behind. We've already lived a life with them! We're dead, Kadi! We've been dead for a while now! Why don't we live soemthing new, something unexplored." He glanced away, "Or just let us die again."

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi stared at Kendol. "I can't believe you would even suggest such a thing! Yes, we've already died once, but not in this life. We aren't dead to Obi-Wan and Master and everyone. They love us and like you've said before, they don't deserve it."

"What if I was the only one who had come here? Would you want me to decide to just stay here with you never knowing what happened to me? And we don't know what would change if we did stay."

5. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol frowned. "I don't care. We can't get back, and we can't stay, either of those two options are going to get us killed. The only thing I can think of is staying here in this time, but leaving."

"KendoL! How could you think that way!"

He shook his head, and turned away. "I'm tired of all of the problems. I've seen too much death and trouble, and I'm tired of it. All of my life, and all of this new life, everything that could possibly go wrong has, everyone that could possibly die has, and I'm tired of it. If these imbeciles aren't going to listen to me, I'm not going to sit aroung and watch more people die, or get killed myself."

He sighed. "I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the life I have to live. Why couldn't we live normal lives? Just for once? Just for once live like normal people?" He placed his hands down on the balancony rail. "Just for once..."

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi sighed and walked over to stand by Kendol, covering one his hands with her own.

"We gave up having normal lives when we became Jedi." She stared at the stars. "Listen. We have to stay and help them. I can't leave. But after that, I'll follow you anywhere."

She looked over at him. "I promise."

7. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol was silent for a moment, then sighed. "Alright." He glanced downwards. "We stay and help them. But after that, we're leaving here, okaY?" She nodded. He sighed again, "Besides, I only know one way to get back home. And I'm definately not going back to the Galaxy's Helm."

She nodded. "I know..."

Kendol grabbed his saber. "If we're going to do this, we may as well practice."

She nodded. He grinned, and adde, "Not like you'll ever beat me, though."

She punched him playfully igniting her saber and he brought his up to block her strike as they moved througg the open space, swinging and striking as the air sizzled around them.

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi soon found herself on the ground, looking up at Kendol.

"Lucky shot." She said, trying not to smile.

Kendol smiled and helped her up. "Whatever you say. Want to have another go?"

Kadi shook her head. "No. We should probably get some sleep. I have a feeling we're going to be busy tomorrow."

9. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol stood in a large room, Orilik could see as he milled through the room. His padawan was surrounded by the Skywalkers. They stood before a holonet display.

"Admiral Kre'fey, are you sure?" Jade was asking.

"I told you," Kendol muttered. Kadi was approaching from the side.

The Bothan nodded. Suddenly the world shifted and Orilik could see Traest Kre'fey sitting in front of a com station, talking towards a picture of the Skywalkers. A younger face was barely visible in the corner. "Yes. Our ships were repelled for him to leave. He's operational again, and he left ionization trails. The only thing we can see in his path is Yavin."

"Emperor's black bones," Mara cursed, slamming her hand down. "That little filth infested piece of scummy Hutt drool!" Everyone stared at her for a second, and she shrugged lightly.

Traest cleared his throat and the world shifted. Kendolw as standing there now, Kadi standing at his side with an arm around him.

Seconds later the screen blanked off and the Skywalkers turned to them. Mara looked furious. "I don't know how you know! And I don't want to? But will..."

"Will you help us?" Luke finished for his wife.

Kendol and Kadi exchanged glances. "Help..." Kendol smiled faintly. "Yes, we will... One...last...time."

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled slightly, seeing the confused looks on Mara and Luke's faces.

"We're leaving after this. Try to lead a somewhat normal life." She then looked at Kendol. "Now, lets get to work. The traps worked well last time, let's do them again."

Kendol nodded and the two of them headed out of the room.

11. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol smiled faintly as they moved out. "Did you see that look on Mara's face?" He asked.

She smiled. "Yeah. But I wouldn't expect to get a apology out of her."

"I don't," he said. They exited the large pyramid that they were in. The warm air saturated around them as soon as they walked out.

"I wonder what living a normal life would be like," he mumbled. "I've never done it before." He sighed. He'd find out eventually.

12. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi smiled. "I have. Not as interesting as the life of a Jedi. It will definitely be a change from what we're used to."

She sighed. It would be a big change. Not ever seeing Cal or Master Ava or Obi-Wan again. She would miss them so much.

Quickly wiping away a stray tear, she looked back at Kendol. "Come on. Let's get started."

13. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    As they moved, placing traps, he sensed her thoughts as if she was yelling them right into her ears. "I'll miss them too," he whispered.

She didn't respond, just kept on moving. He had already lived a life, in essence they should have never seen Cal, Obi, and ava after those days, everything after that was just a bonus.

But bonuses ran out. Always. He glanced up, and they were on the end of theirs. They needed something new. But something, together.

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi quickly set the last trap, then stood up, looking around.

Less than 24 hours before the attack came. She hoped they would work again.

"I think we're done." She said. "Come on, let's go see if we can help out with anything else."

15. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    The bridge of the Galaxy's Helm beeped and buzzed as Grand Admiral Orion slowly walked through. He was a slightly stocky man of only a average height. He glanced over to where the more youthful and taller Admiral Volsin stood.

Orion gazed out at the blue tunnel of hyperspace and glanced below him. The crew pit below him was filled with consoles and people buzzing about in mad preperation. Above and behind him was a half level with the main consoles.

He took a sharp turn and walked to the side viewport. "I'll get you this time, Skywalker. I'll get you this time..."

16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi slowly walked down the hall. It ws early in the morning. Too early.

The sun was just starting to come up.

She couldn't sleep. She was too nervous. The attack was going to come in a few hours. She had no idea what was going to happen. They might be killed. She didn't know what she would do without Kendol.

17. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Sir, we're coming out of hyperspace," the helmsman said from above him. Orion glanced over his shoulder and the man nodded. He looked forward to see the blue tunnel smoothen out into the void of space.

Yavin sat ahead, and the fourth moon certainly wasn't far away.

"Press on," Orion said. "Prepare attack crews for a full scale assult."

"Yes, Admiral."

18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi stood nervously off to the side as Luke spoke to his knights. The attack was coming soon. Too soon.

Beside her, Kendol listened quietly.

She reached over and grasped his hand, giving it a squeeze. He glanced at her and smiled slightly.

Kadi smiled back, trying not to look nervous.

//I can't wait until this is over.//

19. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    /You ain't the only one, sister/

She frowned and looked back at Luke...

=================================

"Innitiate attack."

=================================

Images flashed through Kendol's mind. He remembered lying against a temple wall, completely out of it, a droid marching towards him, and suddenly Kadi... And then she was blind and hurt...

Then Orion... And her connection to the force was gone.

"What am I doing here?" He muttered. "I must be going crazy."

Suddenly a young Jedi rushed in. "Master Skywalker! Master Skywalker! They're landing." Kendol gripped his saber in his hands and it was already activated. He felt the force flow into him, and it seemed to fill the hollows of his body. It was a wonderful feeling, only few could rival it.

He began to move towards the outside. He saw Kadi following. "Let's stay together," he said suddenly. She nodded and moved closer to him.

"How did they get down so quickly?" He said harshly to himself, running through the temple halls.

He eventaully found himself outside, and saw transport ships all through the atmosphere. Then he saw them. Troopers runnign through the edges of the jungle. They would eventually encounter some of the traps, and their numbers would lessen, but some would make it through. If everythign worked the same as it had before.

Kendol was suddenly aware of the other Jedi. They stood around him, staring at the troopers. SUddenly there were rumblings and several of the ounger Jedi gasped as the large battle droids came thrundering through the jungle, trees snapping over as they drove forward. Suddenly they raised up, parts spinning and looked like Battle droids. Big Battle Droids. A large cannon right on the side of the head.

Kendol brought his saber up to a guard like formation and took a hesitant step forward. "Won't this be fun," he said dryly.

20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "Yes. Tons." Kadi said, moving forward, making sure to stay by Kendol.

She watched as the troopers got to the traps. Luckily, they worked just as well as before. The number of troopers that got through was alot less than when they landed.

"Ready?" She asked.

21. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    "Lets dance," he muttered. He gripped the saber tighter as the first waves of troopers that made it through the traps rushed forward, firing their blasters. Kendol deflected bolts, swinging and slashing. Eeventually the troopers and the Jedi were one large mass and lightsabers ripped through bodies and ill advised shots ripped about.

Kendol struck through one trooper's chest and heard a young Jedi -probably only a year or two older than him- scream out. A sidewards glanced payedhim an image of a Jedi hung over on teh ground, a knife jabbed into his back.

Kendol turned and slashed through one's legs, then reached out to touch Kadi's arm. She was alright.

Another group of soldiers rushed forward and suddenly Kendol heard a marching noise. Droids!

He turned and saw them approaching. "Force! We're all going to die..."

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "No we aren't." Kadi said, looking at the droids. "There has to be something we can do."

She watched as the droids approached, shooting at anything moving.

"Maybe, just maybe, we can get them to shoot at each other."

23. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol read her thoughts. "If I remember correctly they could differentiate each other. They even yhave leaders. They communicate amongst each other... They shoot at living objects or at machines where they can read life forms."

"Blast," Kadi muttered.

Kendol frowned. "I guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way." He looked at her. "Stay close to me."

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Kadi rolled her eyes. "Don't worry. I'll be fine."

He looked at her for a moment. She smiled at him slightly. "Don't worry."

"You're a Kenobi. I have to worry."

Before she could respond, the droids got to them.

25. Teebones

May 8, 2000
    Kendol flipped in the air, deflecting a shot before it hit Kadi. He landed and rolled over. The dam things moved so quickly!

Shots trialed him as hemoved. He jumped and swung his saber at the sensor panel on the chest. But a large hand once again smacked him away.

He landed dizzily. "Damn, I gotta watch those hands. That's the fourth time now-"

A nearby blast stirred him up. He rushed forward, and gaped. Great Force! There had to be five times as many as there were before...

There was no way!

"Kadi!" He hollered. He rushed forward and found her slamming her saber htrough a sensor panel. He heard a jedi scream, thn another, and looked to see more than several bodies lying on the ground, not a movement among them.

He grabbed Kadi's shoulders. "Kadi! There's too many of them!"

He dove way suddenly, pulling her with them. It wasn't a conscious action, it was an act of the force. Suddenly he bounded up slashing with his saber at a large arm the flung at him. The hand fell off as his slash. The droid's cannon fired and Kendol lunged away. he heard Kadi slashing at it, then another fire. he got to his feet and jumped inbetween her and the other droid. Suddenly thwere were more, others marching forward. Screams filled the area and Kednol slashed with his saber, spinning and jumping, deflecting shots that came around him as best as he could.

Suddenly he was back to back with kadi, lightsabers blocking shots. There were drois all aroudn them, taking steps closer, and firing continuously. It was almost too much, and as they got closer the shots were stronger, nearly knocking him off of his feet.

Kendol released himself to the force, leaving part of himself conscious of everything but his movements. Kadi had apparently done the same.

/What are we going to do now?/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.