curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway: Twisted

SUMMARY: A little while after returing from the mission on Elmvanis, Obi-Wan begins to act a little strange and Qui-Gon wants to know why. Angst and torture a plenty in here folks!

This fic is the sequel to Hidden which you can find here:

Hidden

See my bio for links to all my other stories :D

Be warned, there will be many fairly harsh cliffhangers in this fic!

Enjoy!

Part One

Obi-Wan Kenobi lay on his sleep couch in his small room, scowling at the ceiling. It was early morning, very early morning, and he was up at an hour that was much too early for him after getting only a couple hours sleep.

?But that is my fault?At least it is according to Qui-Gon,? Obi-Wan thought, his scowl deepening. ?I?m nearly sixteen for Force sake! I think it?s time my curfew was later.?

Obi-Wan had spent the previous night out with a group of his closest friends before they all went off on missions. It was rare that they all had a chance to get together anymore. The group consisted of Obi-Wan, Bant, Reeft, and Garen. They had been friends since their crèche days but never really got to see each other anymore since they had all become Padawan?s and were often out on missions. None of the group visited the Temple regularly so this had been a special occasion.

The four had been sitting in a café when they met up with another Padawan named Kyrana and two of her friends, Calie and Tirana. Obi-Wan didn?t really know Calie and Tirana but he knew Kyrana well after a mission they had been on together several months ago and then they had both been kidnapped. Both had gone through quite a traumatic time during their captivity but they had survived and come out as good friends. So Obi-Wan was happy to see her again and readily welcomed her into the gathering.

But although none of the boys really knew Calie and Tirana, Bant did. Tirana, Calie, Kyrana and Bant seemed to have a lot to tell each other about what the boys referred to as ?girly stuff?. Hair seemed to be the main topic between the four. The four boys had just subtly moved further away from the girls and their assessment of Kyrana?s new short hairstyle in order to have a proper conversation about ?guy stuff?. But despite the boys? lack of knowledge in ?girly stuff?, the group increased from four to seven.

The seven had gone to a club in Courscant and lost track of time. Obi-Wan?s curfew was at 23:00 and he had been over five hours late. Qui-Gon hadn?t been happy. He had ordered Obi-Wan to bed with a glare that said ?we?ll discuss your punishment later this morning.?

Unfortunately for Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon hadn?t informed him what time of the morning. And when he had rather rudely awoken Obi-Wan at the crack of dawn with a yell through their bond, Obi-Wan wasn?t amused.

Back in the present, Obi-Wan got up grumbling and made his way to the ?fresher to have a shower. He emerged five minutes later, cleaner, dressed and slightly more awake. Qui-Gon stood in the lounge, waiting patiently for his Padawan?s arrival.

?Good morning Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said neutrally. If he was annoyed or upset or impatient, he hid it well.

Obi-Wan replied with a yawn. He really wasn?t in the mood for this. It was too early and he had only had a few hours sleep.

?I have decided upon your punishment,? Qui-Gon went on. ?I am sure you will find it fitting.?

?I?m sure,? Obi-Wan thought wryly to himself. Out loud he said, ?Let?s hear it then.?

The moment the words left his mouth, Obi-Wan knew they were not appropriate. Qui-Gon?s cool expression flickered to one of mild annoyance. Obi-Wan muttered an apology but it was too late.

?For that Obi-Wan you will do an extra hour of meditation on top of the extra two hours you got for being late. You are also grounded. You will not be going out with your friends for the remainder of our two day stay here, you will have an extra essay on top of the ones you alr

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh Obi. How can such a smart kid be so dumb? Its nice that you want to help your friend (poor girl. why do I think there is more to that little baby's death than SIDS or an undetected health problem?) But trying to sneak out of the apartment after you'd been grounded? Should have left a note . . .

Looking forward to the next post!

3. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Bad move Obi...very bad move.

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ah, teenage angst, how well I remember it. ;) Obi should have left Qui-Gon a note, parents always find out. (I should know, I'm a parent myself) I haven't read Hidden, I'll have to go give it a read. Looking forward to your next post.

5. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Drat! Double post. Sorry.

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    YES, you are posting this story. now all you have to do is finish it. :)

7. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    hmmm.......Does the torture warning indicate corporal punishment?? [face_devil] What do you do with a kid who messes up when he's already being punished??

8. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    this is great! I hope there will be a post soon!

9. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Yay!! Ginger is posting Twisted!! Does this mean you'll finish the story quicker??

Hey Ginger - should I tell them where they can go to read the rest of what you've written?

*evil grin*

LoL! I wouldn't be that mean. :) Besides, it'd do no good 'cause it ain't finished... HINT HINT HINT. Keep up the good work!!

10. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    too late I have read it all the way to chapter 8 but she leaves it on a bad cliffhanger :mad:

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey ya'll! Hope you're enjoying this! Don't worry, it'll be finished soon!

Kind of a cliffhanger. Call it a warm up of things to come!

Part Two

Obi-Wan soon arrived outside Kyrana?s apartment. Bant opened the door and ushered him in. She led him straight to Kyrana?s bedroom, where Kyrana was curled up in a tight ball on her bed, the sheets twisted around her feet.

?Kyrana?? Obi-Wan kneeled by her side. ?Kyrana it?s me, Obi-Wan. What?s wrong? Has something happened??

*?Well obviously something?s wrong. She wouldn?t be crying like a little lost bantha cub if everything was peachy?*

Kyrana turned her head enough to look at Obi-Wan. Her face was flushed red and her eyes were full of tears. Without warning she grabbed hold of Obi-Wan and started sobbing into his shoulder.

*?Great!?*

?Hey, sshhhh Kyrana,? Obi-Wan held her in a hug while she cried loudly into his shoulder. Obi-Wan turned to Bant, who stood just a little way behind him. ?Did you find her like this?? he asked.

Bant nodded. ?Calie, Tirana and I were on our way to the gardens when we bumped into her. She was running from the crèche. We brought her here and she just curled up here and started crying. Calie and Tirana went to find Master Lena. I stayed behind and then she started asking for you,? Bant explained. ?Oh Obi it?s so terrible to see her so upset!? the Calamarian wiped away a few stray tears. ?I hate to see her so upset. Please Kyra, please cheer up.? Bant sniffled a little.

*?That?s all we need! Another sobbing girl!?*

Obi-Wan turned away from Bant and spoke to Kyrana. ?Come on Kyrana, why don?t you tell me what?s going on huh? Then I?ll be able to help.?

Kyrana pulled away a little. ?OK,? she said in a quiet voice.

Obi-Wan brushed away a few of her tears and gave her a smile. ?There, much better. Bant, do you think you could get some tissues??

*?Yeah, don?t wanna do that tear wiping thing again. Gross.?*

?Sure,? Bant said and dashed from the room.

?Now then Kyrana, why don?t you tell me everything,? Obi-Wan said. ?Bant said you wanted to talk to me.?

Kyrana took a few deep breaths. ?Do you remember the nursery on board that ship on Elmvanis?? she asked. When Obi-Wan nodded, she carried on. ?Do you remember the?dead babies?? Another nod. ?I?saw another dead baby today it was just the same! It was staring at me! I?knew something was wrong! I?I could feel it but??

Whatever she had to say was lost as she began wailing again and threw herself back into Obi-Wan?s arms. Bant came back in with tissues but saw it was too late. Then the door chimed. Bant informed Obi-Wan that she would answer it.

Kyrana fell silent shortly after Bant?s departure from the room. Looking down at her, Obi-Wan saw that she had fallen asleep.

*?Thank the Force! Come on let?s get outta here before Qui-Gon gets back!?*

Obi-Wan lifted Kyrana on to the bed a placed a sheet over her. He left the room. In the lounge, Bant stood with Calie and Tirana.

?Is she OK?? Tirana asked, clearly worried about her friend. ?Has she stopped crying? Do you know what?s wrong??

?She?s asleep,? Obi-Wan replied. ?Is Master Lena on her way? No offence but I think she should know before you lot.?

?Yes Master Lena is on her way,? Calie said. ?She almost broke the Garden doors down when we told her something was wrong with Kyra.?

?Well then I?ve got to get back. Take care of Kyrana until Master Lena returns,? Obi-Wan said and headed to the door.

?Wait Obi-Wan!? Tirana stopped him as he opened the door. ?Shouldn?t you stay and tell Master Lena what?s got Kyrana so upset??

?I?d love to but I?ve got my own problems,? Obi-Wan replied. ?Besides I?m sure Kyrana will be able to wake up long enough to tell Lena the problem.?

Before Tirana or anyone else could reply, Obi-Wan left. Tirana frowned and turned to Bant. ?Is he always that rude??

Bant frowned too. ?No, never. I wonder what his problem is???

Calie laughed. ?His problem is

12. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Cheryl_Kenobi, Ahh, so you too have read up to chapter 8. I agree, it is a nasty cliffhanger.

See Ginger - you really must finish this story! You MUST! If you don't finish Twisted I won't finish A Bond of Friendship 9....

*grins evily*

Oh - btw - story is going good! Can't wait to read the end. ;)

13. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    I don't know if I should feel more sorry for Obi or Obi's Master and friends. I hope things get straightened out soon! Great post, Ginger_Jedi! More soon, I hope!

14. Syntyche

Syntyche Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    Ginger --

You must post on this story. Now. ;)

I confess ... I dropped in on the boards to see what was new and found this, and I haven't reached the second chapter of 'Hidden' yet and I knew I should wait to read it but the beginning really hooked me and I had to read everything you'd posted so far and now I really promise I'll finish 'Hidden' if you'll just post on this story .. pleeeease????

(pauses for air) *whew!* I'm starting to talk like Obi in my stories. ;)

please? :)

15. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Here ya go Syntyche! Thanks for reading people!

Part Three

?He what?!?

Garen and Reeft shared an uncertain look. Maybe this hadn?t been such a smart idea?

?I?m sorry Master Jinn,? Reeft said. ?Maybe we shouldn?t have told you at such a late hour.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?No, I?m grateful you did.? The Jedi Master stepped out of his apartment and into the dim hallway. ?I?ll have to go and find him. He?s been acting up all day. Something is wrong.?

Garen and Reeft said their goodbyes and then walked off to their own homes. ?Do you think we should have told him about Kyrana as well?? Garen asked.

Reeft shrugged. ?I don?t know. Maybe.? The two reached Reeft?s apartment. ?See you later when you leave,? Reeft said and then went inside, leaving a troubled Garen alone to head home lost in thought.

Kyrana stood inside the Temple kitchens, searching through a draw. Tears still poured down her face and her breaths came in short, ragged gasps.

Her hand came into contact with a sharp object. Pulling both her hand and the object out, she discovered it was a knife. Looking around to make sure no one had appeared in the kitchen, she placed the knife in her belt with her lightsaber. She then rushed from the kitchens and into a nearby ?fresher that was usually for students who had classes in the nearby gyms and classrooms.

Kyrana entered one of the units. In her distraught state she didn?t even think to lock it. She bent over the fresher, holding out one bare wrist. In the other hand, she grasped the knife. Her hand wobbled, her emotional state causing her to tremble uncontrollably. She put the knife against her wrist.

?Obi-Wan?s right, I am dirty. I don?t deserve to live. Master must?ve sent me to the crèche this morning because she knew that the baby would die. She must hate me for what happened. No one wants me around.?

Kyrana closed her eyes as she pressed the knife harder against her skin and began to pull at it.

?Thank you for warning me Bant, I will find her immediately.?

Master Lena rushed off to find her apprentice but Bant remained where she was. She was terribly upset by Obi-Wan?s behaviour and very worried by Kyrana?s reaction. It had taken a lot of convincing to get the other girl to come out. She had been so distraught and Bant still wasn?t entirely sure what it was that upset the other girl so. But Kyrana had come out and enjoyed herself. But after running off, Bant had a terrible feeling that Kyrana was far from alright.

But Bant was equally worried about Obi-Wan. It was so unlike him to be so nasty. Such behaviour was something Bant had never seen before coming from the usually calm young man. Bant was torn. One one side she was angry at her long time friend for being so out of order, yet on the other, she was very worried about him.

Deciding that nothing was going to get done by standing here, Bant rushed off after Master Lena.

As Obi-Wan walked through the darkened streets of Courscant, thoughts rushed around his head. He was angry with his friends for not coming, he was angry with Kyrana for being such a crybaby but worst of all, he was growing steadily frightened as his anger drained away. What was Qui-Gon going to say about this latest episode? Obi-Wan might as well chop off his braid right now, because that was what Qui-Gon was going to do the second the Master found the wandering apprentice.

?Why did I do this?? he thought to himself, frowning as he gazed around the nightlife of Courscant. He had made his way to some of the sleaziest places on one of the lower levels. His anger was all but gone now, replaced with a growing dread. ?What I am doing? I should go back right now, apologise to Kyrana and Bant and then I?ll??

Obi-Wan was so deep into his thoughts, he didn?t notice the man in front of him. Obi-Wan banged into him, lost his balance and ended up on the ground.

?Well would ya look at that? If it ain?t a little lost Jedi!?

Obi-Wan turned t

16. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    What is going on inside of Obi's head????? Is it a side effect of the chip planted in him in the last story or some new nasty?

17. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    great story!!! O boy Obi, your in for it.

18. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    UP UP!!

Ginger - you didn't reply to my last post.

*grin* ;)

19. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    um... Qui is not going to get a um... not a warm welcome from Obi

20. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Obi *and* Kyrana, obviously this is more than teen angst and hormones. I hope the masters will figure this out before they lose their padawans.

21. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    UP UP UP!

:)

22. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Heya everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

Angel! Sorry! Guess that's just me not paying attention. Thanks for upping! :)

Part Four

Qui-Gon parked the speeder just outside the alley where he knew his Padawan was laying. He grabbed a med kit and got out of the speeder. He shoved past the people who walked in front of him and broke into a run as soon as he could.

Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan?s crumpled form lying at the far end of the corridor. Qui-Gon noticed the alarming amount of blood pooling around his limp Padawan.

?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon carefully searched for the boy?s injuries. He found the horrendous stab wounds and had to take several deep breaths to stay calm. ?Obi-Wan can you hear me??

Obi-Wan?s blue/green eyes blinked open. They were glazed. He looked at Qui-Gon and anger flashed in their glazed depths. ?What?you?doing here?? the teen asked, the pain from his side and leg making it hard to talk. ?Leave?me?alone.?

?Obi-Wan now is really not the time for another argument,? Qui-Gon said calmly and reached out to apply a bandage to Obi-Wan?s wounds.

?No!? Obi-Wan?s voice was weaker than usual but the tone was still one of defiance. ?Don?t?need your?help.?

Obi-Wan tried to move but his injuries kept him down, along with a gentle Force push from his Master. The young Jedi panted, his eyes squeezed closed because of his agony.

Qui-Gon leaned back, surprise written on his features. Why was Obi-Wan being like this? Why now when his life was in danger? Qui-Gon was aware that his time was slipping away. ?Obi-Wan stop this immediately. I didn?t come here to see you in pain, I came here to help you.?

Obi-Wan lifted his head and glared into his Master?s eyes, his characteristic strength behind them but backed up with a strange anger. ?Piss off you sonuvabitch. I hate??

Qui-Gon didn?t allow Obi-Wan to finish the sentence. The Master couldn?t stand to hear such angry words coming from Obi-Wan, especially when they were aimed at him. One quick Force suggestion and Obi-Wan was once again unconscious. Shoving aside his anxieties, Qui-Gon lifted Obi-Wan up and carried him back to the speeder. Qui-Gon could feel Obi-Wan?s condition worsening but until they were back at the Temple, there was little Qui-Gon could do.

?Hold on Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon murmured. ?We?ll have you back to normal soon.?

Once they back at the Temple, things happened in a blur. The Healer?s snatched Obi-Wan away and told Qui-Gon to wait in the waiting room. Qui-Gon was used to being alone in this room in its uncomfortable chairs. He hadn?t expected company.

?Lena?? Qui-Gon asked the fellow Master. ?What are you doing here??

Lena turned Qui-Gon, revealing watery brown eyes. Her tail hung limply behind her and shoulders were drooped. ?Oh Qui-Gon,? she whispered, her voice cracked with emotion. ?There?s been a terrible accident.?

?Kyrana?? Qui-Gon guessed.

Lena could only nod, her face pinched in misery. Tears spilled down her face. Lena took a moment to compose herself. ?Kyrana tried to kill herself,? she finally announced, sitting down heavily in a chair. She ran her sharp nailed fingers through long black hair. ?I found her in the ?freshers near the kitchens. She had slashed her own wrists. She?Oh Force! She told me not to touch her. She?she was so angry!?

Qui-Gon frowned at the news. He was desperately sorry for Lena and prayed Kyrana would pull through. But something about Lena?s story reminded him of Obi-Wan?s strange behaviour. He took a seat next to Lena and they both sat in silence.

?What about you?? Lena finally asked. ?Why are you here??

With only a slightly better hold on his emotions, Qui-Gon informed Lena of what had happened with Obi-Wan. The woman gave a small smile and patted Qui-Gon on the back. ?Looks like we?ll have to keep each other company then until we get some news.?

Qui-Gon nodded, his mind pondering over a few things. Deciding he had to get them out in the open, he turned to Lena. ?Has Kyrana b

23. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    getting closer that was great I love the story ;)

24. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Great story, excellent long posts....need more, though.....(greedy, ain't I?)

JediCandy

:D :D :D

25. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa :( I think I'm gonna cry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.