main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Twisted Lives (Major AU/JA) Round Robin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Xanatos_of_Telos, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanatos_of_Telos

Xanatos_of_Telos Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003

We who are posting in this story do not own any of the charactors in it except our own. Please don't sue us. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.K, O.K. I know I probably shouldn't have done it, but I did. I put up a new story! :D
    The time frame is JA, from book one all the way up. So join in. You can be a Jedi, someone from Earth, someone from Offworld, a Senator....anyone except major charators (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, ect.) Please post your charactors bio's before you post. I'll start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Xeana Death

Eye color: One eye purple, one eye blue

Hair: Long and black

Personality: Loner, really quiet among strangers. Watches everything and thinks more than she talks.

Other: Cresent moon scar from a wreak marks her forehead. She is a young woman from Earth who works with animals and writes on the side. She can also remember everything that happened to her since she turned twelve and was in that wreak. Everything before that is a blur. And she can see things before they happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.K. I'll post more later.

2. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I made my way home from the University where I studied. It was a nice summer day, so I had ridden my bike to school instead of driving. The roads I rode on were backstreets and alliways. I live in an apartment in the better part of downtown. There is very little crime in Mudville, MO, even though we had a collage. When I got home, I made some spaghitte for dinner, then watched 'Gun Smoke' on the old western chanel. My shelves are packed with Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and other fantasy/sci-fie/action books. KIYX was playing on the radio in my kitchen. After I watched tv, I went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, a little slow. Maybe someone else will post soon. Hope so, folks, or I'll have Obi-Wan all to myself. ;)

3. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jedi Temple: Obi-Wan and Bruck have fight, Yoda leaves, Bruck and Obi-Wan fight again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earth:

The next morning, I woke up and poured myself a bowl of Froot Loops for breakfest. The hair on the back of my neck kept lifting, like something creepy was behind me. Yet every time I turned around, there was nothing there. I finished my breakfest and went outside. It was Saterday, so I decided to go for a walk in the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. MoonChild

MoonChild Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I thought you liked Xani!!!

5. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

*Giggle [face_laugh] *

I do. But the story is JA, so it follows Obi-Wan. I think I'm going to keep Xanatos (and Bruck) alive, though. Wanna join?

Xanatos

6. MoonChild

MoonChild Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    B-b-but Obi's MINE!! BTW, I posted in Tangled Destiny

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    This appears to be amusing!

Name: Alia Corrino
    Eye color: green
    Hair: red
    Master: Nadia Lesfrey

Personality: Prefers solitude, only has one close friend not counting her Master. Tends to scare people away by the way that she observes everything. Not very open, and is very much a pacifist. Is extremly bitter about the loss of her hearing

Other: Called "The watcher" by her classmates by her unnerving stare. Hasn't spoken a word in years since she lost her hearing in a Temple accident at age seven. She comminucates only through the hand language called Mansér.

Alia lost her hearing when a classmate attacked her and tried to pour a chemical in her eyes to blind her. She rolled, but the chemical got into both her ears and the medics were too late to reverse the dammage. The boy was banished from the order

She came from the desert world of Tatooine, and was discovered by accident.

~~~~~~~
    Alia was listening to music as she always did; with the personal listening device up at level 230. Even so, she could only hear a faint whisper. Her fingers and hands moved in a curse where any other being may havbe spoken it out loud.

But Alia never spoke, even when she was alone. Her world was a soundless prison, the quiet was deafening on it's own.

She felt the prescence enter her mind, and voiceless words entered her mind. //Alia, turn that thing off, you'll be late for class//

Alia sighed in regret as she often did at Master Nadia's 'voice' in her mind. the Master/Padawan baond relied on knowledge of the speaker's voice as much as it did on the Force itself and the bond between the student and teacher. Since Alia had never actually heard her teacher speak, the words came to her mind as words would appear on a computer terminal. Silent, impersonal, cold.

//Alia?//

The Padawan turned around and her hands and fingers flew in anger. ~How many times have I asked for you to not use the Force bond in everyday conversation?~ Alia didn't like to picture her Master's voice in that light. They had agreed never to use it unless it was an emergency.

Nadia nodded and her fingers moved slowly and deliberatly in apology. Alia replied in the same fashion in reply for her own hostility.

----------
    Can't post much else right now. How was that? Are the universes going to merge or something?

8. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

Hi Arwen-Jade Kenobi! Welcome. Yeah, eventually we're going to end up together. I'll post more now. Btw, I updated Black Unicorn if anyone's interrested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jogged through the park, enjoying the breeze. Even though it was summer, I was wearing jeans and a Star Wars t-shirt and had a black sweat shirt tied around my waist. That's one of the strange things about me: I am either wearing a sweat shirt or else I have it tied around my waist. I am almost never seen without one. Yup, even on days like this when the temp is 85 degrees and climbing. I'm really skinny, so I get really cold easily. 45 degrees is freezing. I saw my best friend, Jax, and his girl friend, Mariah. I laughed to myself as I jogged by. Everyone knows they belong together, but it's been three years and he still hasn't pop the question yet. I crossed through a mini 'forest' that's located in the center of the forest. This is my favorite spot in the whole town, besides the library. Suddenly, I saw a flash in my minds eye. Startled, I tripped and fell. I pushed myself to my knees, then tried to remember what I had seen. A boy's face. He looked young, about twelve or thirteen. His eyes were blue, or was it green? Or grey? I got the feeling that his eyes had been all those colors. And his hair had been gingerish, like blood and gold. He had been standing in a line, and appeared to be very nervous about something. He had looked like a young Obi-Wan, the way he was dressed and his hair and eyes, but I knew it couldn't be Obi-Wan. After all, that was just a story. All I had seen was that one flash. It wasn't enough to tell who he was or where he was, but I knew that I would meet him. I knew that as surely as I was breathing. I stood and brushed myself off. It was only then that I realized I was standing in the clearing that was located dead center in the forest. I shivered. The feeling I had had that morning returned. I turned in a slow circle, just to make sure. I shook my head at my jumpiness, then continued out of the trees and jogged out of the park. I didn't know what was going on, but I suddenly didn't want to be by myself. I walked down town to the coffe shop where us students usually hang out on week ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More later.

9. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Uh oh! Found this on page two. UP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I entered the coffe shop, smells of cinnamon, coffe, chocolate, and ice cream filled my nose. Quiet conversation hummed in the air. I ordered a chocolate shake from Rebecca, who I noticed was new.

As I sat in one of the back booths, I thought again about the vision I'd had. I decided it must have been my imagination coupled with the EII video I had watched the night before. In here, out of the heat, it was easy to think I had imagined the whole thing.

I decided I would head home. I walked out the door and looked both ways before crossing the street....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued.

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Nadia smiled at her apprentice and Alia thanked the Force that she had been permitted to keep her sight. Seeing her Master's face was the only confort she could get out of her condition, the smile was her master's voice to her.

Nadia was asking her something, she snapped herself back to the moment. She missed the finger movements but managed to lip read the latter half of her Master's question.

"...study for physics test?"

This would have been the point where a student would have screamed in frustration, Alia smacked her head and launched into several curses in the Mansér.

~Blast! I knew I forgot to do something. Great, I hate going into tests without sufficent practice!~ She sighed in regret.

~On the bright side, I don't think that this one is going to be worth much~

11. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked both ways before crossing the street. I know I did! And then, all of a sudden, a car hit me. I felt one of my ribs crack. My head hit something hard, and that was the last thing I remembered.

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes at first. I felt like I was moving, even though I was lay down. My ribs tingled, kind of. I could feel a hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked around. There was a guy sitting next to me. He had his hand on my forehead and his eyes were closed. His hair was long and tied back in a ponytail. I couldn't believe my eyes. He looked exactly like Qui-Gon Jinn. Behind him was another bed that held the ginger haired boy from my dream/vision. A woman with reddish-brown hair was talking quietly with him.

Suddenly, my rib stopped hurting. The guy opened his eyes and leaned back in his chair. He smiled.

"Glad to see you're awake," he said. "Are you all right?"

I nodded. I was trying to figure this all out. I finally decided that he just looked like Qui-Gon for some strange reason.

"Yes, thank you," I said.

I don't know if he thought I was retarded for taking so long to answer or not. My teachers all think I am because they have to call on me or I won't answer any questions.

"My name is Qui-Gon Jinn," he said. "What's yours?"

I definantly did not want to tell him my name. This guy was crazy or something. Why else would he say he was Qui-Gon when everyone knows it's just a story?

But I figured it would be impolite not to. And who knows? I thought. Maybe he's not really crazy. Maybe he's really a nice old guy. I didn't really believe a word of it.

"My name is Xeana Death."

The red haired woman and the boy had stopped talking and were listening to us. The man who called himself Qui-Gon introduced us.

"This is Clat'Ha, chief operations manager for Arcona Harvest. And you room mate is Obi-Wan Kenobi."

I raised an eyebrow slightly, but said hello.

Then, for the big question.

"How did I get here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Alia packed up her school supplies and gazed at the hearing aid lying on her table. She picked up the useless device that she hadn't seen in years; perhaps Nadia had fished it out of the trash. Nadia was more hopeful about her apprentice's deafness, she believed that one day Alia would hear again.

Alia shook her head and left it there, she would leave it there for her Master's sake. Padawan Corrino was half way to the door when she stopped in her tracks, feeling her Master's prescence from behind. She turned to meet matching green eyes and fell the Nadia's lips, for she had forgoten to finger speak.

"Council wants us. I think it's a mission."

Alia breathed a sigh of relief and grinned. ~Excellent! No test!~

------

The council never bothered to finger-speak the whole proceedings. Alia understood this, there was no time and not all the master knew the mansér. The sixteen-year old was content to lip read.

They were going after the Monument a ship that had just left for Bandomeer to drop off some workers. There were whispers of Xanatos being there, and they had sent Qui-Gon Jinn to handle it. They had recently decided that backup was needed, and Alia and Nadia were the logical choice.

Qui-Gon had taken and intrest in Alia. Never as an apprentice, but was a friend. He had helped the student come to terms with her deafness and was one of the first to advocate that her classmates all make an effort to learn the mansér, just to make Alia's life easier and not have to lip-read all the time.

She hadn't heard from Qui-Gon in several months, but the council felt that he would not object to Padawan Corrino's prescene, nor that of her Master. Nadia had worked with qui-Gon before, and he had introced her to Alia.

Yoda's hands and lips both moved. ~"Your transport is waiting, rendez-vous with the ship in a few hours you will. May the Force be with you"~

Nadia returned the sentiment and Alia's hands replied as the pair bowed and left the chambers.

13. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

Took me a long while but I finally have another post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't remember?" Clat'Ha asked.

I shook my head. The last thing I remembered was crossing the street. I had no idea how I had gotten here, where ever here was.

"We found you laying in on of the halls," Clat'Ha continued. "You were pretty beat up. Luckily, you were on our side and not Offworld's."

"Your side of what?" I asked.

She looked surprised. "Of the ship."

How did I get on a ship? I wondered. If these people really are who they say they are, then the ship would be...

"The Monument? " I guessed.

"That's right," Clat'Ha responded. "Are you starting to remember?"

"No," I said. Just guessing and I'm still as confused as ever.

Clat'Ha and Qui-Gon left so Obi-Wan and I could get some rest, but neither of us really wanted to. I could tell Obi-Wan was dieing to ask me questions but didn't want to invade my privacy. I figured I owed the kid some answers because I already knew about him. And I was a little curious as to his life before the Jedi Apprentice books. So after a few minutes, I decided to start a conversation. We talked for a while. He told me about the Temple and I told him a little about Earth, but didn't mention anything about Star Wars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Alia Corrino had the listening device stuck in her ear again. This time the song was quite so she was only hearing the vibrations of whatever instrument was playing. She glanced from her novel to see her Master's boot tapping along, so it was something that Nadia could tolerate.

The Padawan switched her position from sitting to lying drapped across the bench of the transport they were taking. She was reading a fantasy novel that her Master had picked up for her. Tales of mystical dragons and those who rode them, an intresting concept.

Someone tapped her boot and Alia looked up to see Nadia while she removed her listening device. ~We've docked and ...Oh Alia your ear!

The younger woman touched her ear and her fingers were covered with blood upon examination. Her Master chucked her a towel which she pressed to her ear as Alia was steered down the hall. Nadia's lips moved in a lecture on how her ears could still be damaged even if she was deaf.

Qui-Gon and another woman met them in the hall and introductions were made hastily as Alia gripped her ear in pain and let out a louder than normal moan. The woman led Alia along, leaving the Jedi Masters to talk.

When she entered the med bay and was parked on a bed for an examination, she waved to Obi-Wan. He was three years younger than her, but Alia and he had seen each other often.

The other girl was one she did not recognize. Her attire was strange and there was something about her that said she wasn't even from galaxy.

15. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003
    Is it simular to the Pern novels by Anne McCaffery?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking about the differences between our galaxies and also about what kind of aliens I would meet when another Jedi walked in. I could tell she was a Jedi by her dress and also because she wore her saber openly. Her ear was bleeding. She had red hair and bright green eyes. She waved to Obi-Wan when she came in. I nodded my greeting but didn't say anything.

One of the medical driods and a woman who I guessed was the young woman's Master or former Master began to examine her ear. The older woman moved her hands swiftly.

~Alia, how many times have I told to be careful? You could have seriously dameged your ear!~

She continued on this way for a few minutes. I finally figured out she was using some kind of sign language. I watched, facsenated. I had seen people use sign language before. I had even learned a little, but not enough to keep up with everything they said.

They put a bacta patch on her ear and then her Master spoke with her for a moment. Then they both left. I was sick of staying in bed so I carefully swung my legs over the side and stood. I had a brief moment of dizziness, but that was all. Obi-Wan had started dozing, so I decided to go exploring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I've never read them actually. I was thinking of the Bene Gesserit handspeak from Frank Herbert's Dune novels

-------
    The other girl watched with intrest as Nadia's fingers flew in reprimand, Alia was far more curious about the girl than what ever her Master was 'yelling' at her for.

She seemed out of place, not from this world. Alia had read far to many fantasy novels for situations to not start spinning through her head. Obi-Wan had fallen asleep and Qui-Gon, Nadia and the other woman had gone off to discuss whatever they were discussing.

Slipping out the door unnoticed, she followed. Alia hoped that this girl was smart enough to stay away from the Offworld side of the ship.

17. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

I've never read the Dune books but I have them. But the Pern novels are about people who bond with and ride on dragons. I've never read those books either, but my Mom loves them so she'll tell me all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sick bay: Obi-Wan and Si Treemba meet and the confrontation between Jemba and the Jedi and Clat'Ha takes place.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked down the halls of the ship, curious and afraid. Curious because this was a strange, new galaxy and afraid because it was strange and new. I walked to what I realized was the border between the Offworlders and the Arcona Harvesters.

I notice a hutt moving through the hall on his side. He glanced over at me and sneered. I lifted a hand in greeting and in surrender, then turned and went back.

I explored the rest of 'my' side of the ship. I tried to remember where everything was. I was feeling a little thirsty, so I walked to one of the bars and ordered some water. The second Jedi's Padawan was there. We glanced at each other and I smiled in greeting.

She watched me with an open curiousity, but I didn't say anything. I didn't really want to talk to anyone just yet. I sipped my water and staired at the counter, lost in thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Alia shrugged to herself as the other girl set herself down at the bar and ordered a drink. The Padawan noted that she felt thirsty as well, and hoped that the girl wouldn't take this as an intrustion.

Alia pulled the bacta patch off of her ear and checked to make sure there was no blood before taking a seat one down from the strange visitor. Where did she come from? She longed to ask her. . .

A strong vibration shook through the table, causing the girl to start and locked eyes with the bartender. His lips moved in question, but it was in a language that she did not recognize. Alia did not worry and told the bartender what she wanted.

Confusion. Anger. Annoyance. What? All I wanted was some water! Then she realized what was wrong: She had used Mansér This one obviously did not understand it.

But she certainly wasn't going to try and speak that was for certain. There was no way to indicated exactly what drink she wanted, and there was nothing to write down her request on.

The alien bartender tapped his ear and Alia shook her head, hoping to confirm that she was deaf. Alia made a drinking gesture and looked around and almost had to climb over the counter to point at the sink at the back of the room.

The being was relieved and went to fetch her the water. Alia hated causing a scene, she could sense the eyes that were just now returning to their normal affairs. As the water came, she could still sense one pair of eyes on her.

Alia Corrino turned and locked eyes with the stranger. She tried to think of something witty to say, but then realized that she would not understand her hand gestures either

19. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    I looked at the Padawan. She looked a little annoyed, almost like she wanted to snap at me or something.

"Can you lip-read?" I asked.

She nodded her head and I smiled.

"My name's Xeana," I said.

I didn't really know what else to tell her. I watch and listen, but don't like to talk a lot. So when it comes to communication, my skills are practiculy nill. I thought a moment, then remembered seeing a pad of paper in the sick bay.

"I'm going to go get some paper," I told her.

I slid of my stool and jogged to the sick bay. Obi-Wan was gone, so I figured he was feeling better. I grabbed the paper and a pen and was about to head back when a thought struck me.

Obi-Wan never left the sick bay until he went with Si Treemba to find the thermocoms.

I raced back to the bar and saw the Padawan was still there. Obi-Wan and an alien I guessd was Si Treemba were sitting at one of the corner tables, eating. Hurriedly, I sat down and scribbled a fast note to the Padawan.

Obi-Wan and Si Treemba are searching for the thermocoms. They're going to search the Offworld side, too.

She looked at the note, then looked up at me. She gestured toward the pen and I handed it to her. I'll bet she thought I was crazy. After all, she didn't know me or anything. I suddenly wondered if she even knew about the thermocoms.

She started writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

Just upping...

21. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Just upping. Hopefully I'll post more tomorrow.

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Alia's eyebrow arched at the mention of the thermocons. She had heard about the incident, but how did she know that Obi-Wan had gone after them?

She scrawled down on the paper.

How do you know that's where he's went. Because if you are right, there could be serious trouble.

Before Alia handed it back she scrawled her name at the bottom

I'm Alia Corrino. Just thought we'd get that in the clear as opposed you calling me 'you' or something

23. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

I licked my lips as I read what Alia had wrote. I had simply told her what I knew. I hadn't thought about telling her how I knew.

Let's just say I know and leave it at that. I wrote. I can't really tell you how I know. It's too dangerous.

I handed her the pen and shoved the pad over to her. She read the note, then looked at me suspisciously.

Then why should I trust you? she wrote back.

Because I'm telling the truth.

I glanced over to where Obi-Wan and Si Treemba were sitting. They were still eating. I thought about how I could prove to Alia that I was telling the truth. Only one idea seemed like it would work.

We could follow them, and then we will see if I'm telling the truth or not.

Alia read the note, then looked at me. Then she glanced over at the two boys. She bit her lip in thought, then bent over the pad.

All right. But you better be right.

The look that came with the note said she thought I was crazy. I gave her a lop sided smile to reassure her. We watched the boys. When they had finished eating and left the bar, we followed at a safe distance, taking the paper with us of course. We hid around the corner while the two crawled in to an air vent. We waited a few minutes, then followed.

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Alia wasn't sure how this girl knew all that was going on. But, her gut told her that Xeana was right. Perhaps Alia's perceptions were true about her being from elsewhere, but did she also have foresight?

It would be easier if we didn't have to use this paper. That could pose a problem

Alia bit her lip as they ducked into another alcove to avoid Obi-Wan and the alien's glance. That would require to speak for the first time in nine years.

But then, she had no way of controling the volume of her voice. And she would no doubt sound strange to her companion.

The deaf Jedi sighed and scrawled a message on the pad.

This pad is too slow for comunication and I know you can't understand what I say if I hand-speak. would it be easier if I spoke?

Warning you though. I haven't spoken in quite awhile. So I may be too loud or too quiet, I won't be able to tell

25. Xanatos_of_Telos

Oct 28, 2003

Xeana looked thoughtfully at the note.

If you wanted to try, you can, she wrote. You're right, it would make things easier. But there's another problem. You still won't be able to hear me.

"I can lip read, remember?" she replied sarcasticly.

I jumped, than smiled. Her voice was very soft and rough, since it hadn't been used in a while. But it was understanable.

"How do I sound?"

"Like you haven't talked for a long time," I said honestly.

She rolled her eyes. "Well, duh."

"At least I can understand you," I said.

She nodded. "Now what do we do?"

I thought for a moment. Part of me wanted to go after them, just for the heck of it. Bt the sensible part of me said we wouldn't be any help, and might only mack things worse.

"Let's go tell the Jedi," I said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.