main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Twisted (Sequel to Hidden) JA - Completed *28/04*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway 4: Twisted

Summary: Obi-Wan?s acting strange and Qui-Gon wants to know why

Time Frame: Obi is nearly 16 in this story

Spoilers: Previous stories in the series

Archive: If I?ve already given you permission, take it. If I haven?t, drop me a message at ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Everyone else is mine :)

Words in *???* stand for Obi-Wan?s EVIL!!! Voice. [face_devil]

Order of stories so far:

(Prologues: Comforted By The Innocent and A Ghost Walks the Halls)
    Brewing
    Ordeal
    Hidden
    Twisted
    Changeover (WIP)

Authors Note: Dedicated forever to Dara, Laura, Jess and Tessa.

This story has been edited and updated, like Hidden, to fit in with the rest of my series. Enjoy :)

Twisted: Part One

Obi-Wan Kenobi lay on his sleep couch in his small room, scowling at the ceiling. It was early morning, very early morning in fact, and he was up at an hour that was much too early for him after getting only a couple hours sleep.

/But that is my fault?At least it is according to Qui-Gon,/ Obi-Wan thought, his scowl deepening. /I?m nearly sixteen for Force sake! I think it?s time my curfew was later. I?m not a baby./

Obi-Wan had spent the previous night out with a group of his closest friends before they all went off on missions. It was rare occurrence that they all had a chance to get together because of their responsibilities as Jedi Padawans. The group consisted of Obi-Wan, Bant, Reeft and Garen. They had all been good friends since their crèche days. None of the group visited the Temple recently and for them to all be there at the same time was quite a fluke. So this had been a special occasion.

The four had been sitting in a café when they met up with another Padawan named Kyrana and two of her friends, Calie and Tirana. Obi-Wan didn?t really know Calie and Tirana but he knew Kyrana well after a mission they had been on together several months ago and then they had both been kidnapped. Both he and Kyrana had gone through quite a traumatic time during their captivity but they had survived and come out as good friends. Obi-Wan was happy to see her again and readily welcomed her into the gathering.

Even though neither Garen of Reeft really knew Kyrana, Calie and Tirana, Bant did. Tirana, Calie, Kyrana and Bant seemed to have a lot to tell each other about what the boys referred to as ?girly stuff?. Hair seemed to be the main topic between the four. The three boys had just subtly moved further away from the girls and their assessment of Kyrana?s new short hairstyle in order to have a proper conversation about ?guy stuff?. But despite the boys? lack of knowledge in ?girly stuff?, the group increased from four to seven.

The seven had gone to a nightclub in Courscant that was having a party night for fourteen to eighteen standard-year-olds and lost track of time. Obi-Wan?s curfew was at 23:00 and he had been over five hours late. Qui-Gon hadn?t been happy. He had ordered Obi-Wan to bed with a glare that said ?we?ll discuss your punishment later this morning.?

Unfortunately for Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon hadn?t informed him what time of the morning. And when he had rather rudely awoken Obi-Wan at the crack of dawn with a yell through their bond, Obi-Wan wasn?t amused.

Back in the present, Obi-Wan got up grumbling and made his way to the ?fresher to have a shower. He emerged five minutes later, cleaner, dressed and slightly more awake. Qui-Gon stood in the lounge, waiting patiently for his Padawan?s arrival.

?Good morning Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said neutrally. If he was annoyed or upset or impatient, he hid it well. Not that Obi-Wan expected anything different. Qui-Gon was the master of neutrality when the occasion called for it.

Obi-Wan replied with a yawn and a wave. He really wasn?t in the mood for this. It was too early and he had only had a few hours sleep.

?I have decided upon your punishment,? Qui-Gon went on.

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :eek:

Whoa!

If that's the first post I can't WAIT to see the rest. *smacks Obi* Smarten up! Usually it's Qui I have to smack, I'm surprised at you!

More soon!!

3. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks Arwen :) I'll update tomorrow. I just spent the day in London and I'm whacked!

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Bant was taken aback but she did her best not to show it. ?But Obi-Wan, Master Qui-Gon will understand. Kyrana?s your friend and she was upset. I?m sure he?ll understand that all you did was help her and??

?Kyrana?s nothing but a annoying little whinger. Dirty little bitch. Don?t know why I have anything to do with her. Or you. You?re annoying too.?

Bant gasped aloud and tears splashed down her face. ?Obi-Wan! How can you say that??

?Bant just get lost all right? Go and take care of Kyrana or something. I haven?t got time to take care of another weeping loser.?

And with that, Obi-Wan entered his apartment. Bant was left reeling in the hallway. ?Yeah! Well you sound just like?just like Bruck!? she yelled at the closed door and then ran away.

[face_shocked] [face_shocked] I don't care what you people say, but that is not Obi-Wan. I'm serious, there is something wrong with him. I know there is, because Obi-Wan wouls never say that. You better tell us whats wrong with Obi soon, please. Its a little odd that he was so noce, but all of a sudden he turned mean. Yes, something is in him, or something is wrong with him. I stand by that. *plants feet firmly on the ground* Heh. ;)

Edit: the italic markup code. I messed up. 8-}

5. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Jess: You'll find out in good time ;)

Thanks for reading!

Twisted: Part Two

Qui-Gon stood inside the apartment and listened to the entire argument between the two friends. Obi-Wan was acting like a bully, something Qui-Gon never expected to see in the boy. When Obi-Wan stormed into the apartment, Qui-Gon stood up and waited for the moody teenager to acknowledge him.

?Yes Master?? Obi-Wan asked, not even bothering to hide the annoyance in his tone.

?Obi-Wan what was that I just heard? I think you owe Bant an apology.?

?What? You?re listening in on my personal conversations now? Does my privacy mean nothing to you?? Obi-Wan fumed.

?I was not eavesdropping Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon replied calmly. ?I imagine the whole Temple heard all that you had to say.?

?*Not* funny Master,? Obi-Wan snapped.

?Why did you leave Obi-Wan? Did I not tell you that you were not to leave no matter what the circumstances?? Qui-Gon went on.

?Yes Master you did tell me not to leave but I thought that I could get away with it.? Obi-Wan replied, sounding calmer. ?And besides, a friend needed me.? The sentence came out sounding sarcastic.

/At least he?s being honest with me,/ Qui-Gon thought. /Still, I do not like this attitude change one bit./ Aloud he said: ?Looks like you?ll need an extension on your punishment Obi-Wan. And you?ll also have to apologise to Bant as well.?

?No.?

Qui-Gon was stunned. This was so unlike the boy. Whatever had gotten into him? Why was he acting this way to not only Qui-Gon but his friends too? ?Obi-Wan, I don?t think you?re in a position at the moment to??

?I said no. Didn?t you hear me right the first time?? Obi-Wan?s eyes were dark and his arms were folded over his chest. ?I am not going to apologise and I?m not going to do anymore kinds of punishment so you can just shove any more of your speeches right up your??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi you are treading a very thin line,? Qui-Gon said in a deadly quiet tone, struggling to stay calm in front of the boy. The Jedi Master did not like where this conversation was going.

?Uh oh I must be in trouble now, you?re last naming me,? Obi-Wan said, sarcasm dripping from his tone. ?Ooh, better not upset the great Qui-Gon Jinn.?

?Get to your room now,? Qui-Gon ordered, his tone calling for no argument.

Obi-Wan made a rude yet childish gesture and stomped off to his room. Qui-Gon shook his head as Obi-Wan?s bedroom door swished closed silently. How he bet the boy wished he could slam it shut. Sighing, Qui-Gon went back to the mission brief, wondering if it would calm Obi-Wan?s teenage troubles.

/Sometimes I wonder which is worse, the toddler years or the teenage years,/ Qui-Gon mused.

Obi-Wan sat on his bed, his appearance showing his apparent calm. Yet his blue/green eyes betrayed the storm of emotion that raged under his calm visage.

/I think I should apologise. What came over me? Why was I so rude to Master Qui-Gon and Bant? How can I make it up to them?/

*?Apologise? Are you kidding? There?s nothing to apologise for. You were telling the truth weren?t you? Right. So why apologise? You?d be lying then.?*

/No, it was wrong for me to be that way. I?m going to apologise./

Ignoring the voice in his head, Obi-Wan took a deep breath and headed for the door. As his hand hovered over the handle, Obi-Wan hesitated. Maybe?maybe he shouldn?t apologise, at least not yet. Qui-Gon was probably really mad at him so some time to cool down would do them both good. Obi-Wan decided to wait until Qui-Gon called for him.

*?Why bother at all? You?ll just get another lecture and then you?ll just have to put up with all those whiney girls again! Can?t you do anything right? Why do you always have to be perfect? Can?t you just be a little more easy going for once in your life??*

Obi-Wan shook his head. /Just shut up alright? I can?t believe I?m arguing with myself in my own head!/

*?You know what?s worse? You?re actually enjoying it.?*

?Like hell I am,? Obi-Wan muttered aloud. H

6. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    WOW!!!

I said no. Didn?t you hear me right the first time?? Obi-Wan?s eyes were dark and his arms were folded over his chest. ?I am not going to apologise and I?m not going to do anymore kinds of punishment so you can just shove any more of your speeches right up your?? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That made me laugh. :D

But I still stand by what I said before. Something is wrong with Obi-Wan. :( Something happened. This is so amazing so far! I really love it!! Please please please update soon!!! *puppy dog eyes* I love how you incorporated the fic together. I wanna find out what's wrong with Obi!! :D

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I have a VERY bad feeling about this. I need more! And I might need to smack Obi around if he doesn't watch his mouth

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Jess and Arwen :) Here's another post. Perhaps a few more answers are coming...but perhaps not

:p

Twisted: Part Three

?He what?!?

Garen and Reeft shared an uncertain look. Maybe this hadn?t been such a smart idea?

?I?m sorry Master Jinn,? Reeft said. ?Maybe we shouldn?t have told you at such a late hour.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?No, I?m grateful you did.? The Jedi Master stepped out of his apartment and into the dim hallway. ?I?ll have to go and find him. He?s been acting up all day. Something is wrong.?

Garen and Reeft said their goodbyes and then walked off to their own homes. ?Do you think we should have told him about Kyrana as well?? Garen asked.

Reeft shrugged. ?I don?t know. Maybe.? The two reached Reeft?s apartment. ?See you later when you leave,? Reeft said and then went inside, leaving a troubled Garen alone to head home lost in thought.

Kyrana stood inside the Temple kitchens, searching through a draw urgently. Tears still poured down her face and her breaths came in short, ragged gasps.

Her hand came into contact with a sharp object. Pulling both her hand and the object out, she discovered it was a knife. Looking around to make sure no one had appeared in the kitchen, she placed the knife in her belt with her lightsaber. She then rushed from the kitchens and into a nearby ?fresher that was usually for students who had classes in the nearby gyms and classrooms.

Kyrana entered one of the units. In her distraught state she didn?t even think to lock it. She bent over the fresher, holding out one bare wrist. In the other hand, she grasped the knife. Her hand wobbled, her emotional state causing her to tremble uncontrollably. She put the knife against her wrist.

/Obi-Wan?s right, I am dirty. I don?t deserve to live. Master must?ve sent me to the crèche this morning because she knew that the baby would die. She wanted to punish me for being the way I am. She must hate me for what happened. No one wants me around. I don?t want to be around. I hate them all. I hate them treating me like I always need sympathy, like I can?t handle anything any more. I?ve had enough./

Kyrana closed her eyes as she pressed the knife harder against her skin and began to pull at it.

?Thank you for warning me Bant, I will find her immediately.?

Master Lena rushed off to find her apprentice but Bant remained where she was. She was terribly upset by Obi-Wan?s behaviour and very worried by Kyrana?s reaction. It had taken a lot of convincing to get the other girl to come out that night. She had been so distraught and Bant still wasn?t entirely sure what it was that upset the other girl so. But Kyrana had come out and enjoyed herself. But after running off, Bant had a terrible feeling that Kyrana was far from alright.

But Bant was equally worried about Obi-Wan. It was so unlike him to be so nasty. Such behaviour was something Bant had never seen before coming from the usually calm young man. Bant was torn. On one side she was angry with her long time friend for being so rude and nasty, yet on the other, she was very worried about him.

Deciding that nothing was going to get done by standing here, Bant rushed off after Master Lena.

As Obi-Wan walked through the darkened streets of Courscant, thoughts rushed around his head. He was angry with his friends for not coming, he was angry with Kyrana for being such a cry baby but worst of all, he was steadily becoming frightened as his anger drained away. What was Qui-Gon going to say about this latest episode? Obi-Wan might as well chop off his braid right now, because that was what Qui-Gon was going to do the second the Master found the wandering apprentice.

/Why did I do this?/ He thought to himself, frowning as he gazed around the nightlife of Courscant. He had made his way to some of the sleaziest places on one of the lower levels. His anger was all but gone now, replaced with a growing dread. /What I am doing? I should go back ri

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    [face_shocked] Action packed post Ginger!!

More soon!!

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    all sorts of adventures! sounds like Bruck is back for a visit....

11. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading Arwen and Juan :) Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was about to and then I got a phone call telling me it was one of my friend's birthday parties and no one had told me...

Anyway! Onwards faithful readers ;) :D

Twisted: Part Four

Qui-Gon parked the speeder just outside the alley where he knew his Padawan was laying. He grabbed a med kit and got out of the speeder. He shoved past the people who walked in front of him and broke into a run as soon as he could.

Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan?s crumpled form lying at the far end of the corridor. Qui-Gon noticed the alarming amount of blood pooling around his limp Padawan.

?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon carefully searched for the boy?s injuries. He found the horrendous stab wounds and had to take several deep breaths to stay calm. ?Obi-Wan can you hear me??

Obi-Wan?s blue/green eyes blinked open. They were glazed. He looked at Qui-Gon and anger flashed in their glazed depths. ?What?you?doing here?? the teen asked, the pain from his side and leg making it hard to talk. ?Leave?me?alone.?

?Obi-Wan now is really not the time for another argument,? Qui-Gon said calmly and reached out to apply a bandage to Obi-Wan?s wounds.

?No!? Obi-Wan?s voice was weaker than usual but the tone was still one of defiance. ?Don?t?need your?help.?

Obi-Wan tried to move but his injuries kept him down, along with a gentle Force push from his Master. The young Jedi panted, his eyes squeezed closed because of his agony.

Qui-Gon leaned back, surprise written on his features. Why was Obi-Wan being like this? Why now when his life was in danger? Qui-Gon was aware that his time was slipping away. ?Obi-Wan stop this immediately. I didn?t come here to see you in pain, I came here to help you.?

Obi-Wan lifted his head and glared into his Master?s eyes, his characteristic strength behind them but backed up with a strange anger. ?Get the hell out of here, I DON?T need you! I hate??

Qui-Gon didn?t allow Obi-Wan to finish the sentence. The Master couldn?t stand to hear such angry words coming from Obi-Wan, especially when they were aimed at him. One quick Force suggestion and Obi-Wan was once again unconscious. Shoving aside his anxieties, Qui-Gon lifted Obi-Wan up and carried him back to the speeder. Qui-Gon could feel Obi-Wan?s condition worsening but until they were back at the Temple, there was little Qui-Gon could do.

?Hold on Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon murmured. ?We?ll have you back to normal soon.?

Once they back at the Temple, things happened in a blur. The Healer?s snatched Obi-Wan away and told Qui-Gon to wait in the waiting room. Qui-Gon was used to being alone in this room in its uncomfortable chairs. He hadn?t expected company.

?Lena?? Qui-Gon asked the fellow Master. ?What are you doing here??

Lena turned Qui-Gon, revealing watery brown eyes. Her tail hung limply behind her and shoulders were drooped. ?Oh Qui-Gon,? she whispered, her voice cracked with emotion. ?There?s been a terrible accident.?

?Kyrana?? Qui-Gon guessed.

Lena could only nod, her face pinched in misery. Tears spilled down her face. Lena took a moment to compose herself. ?Kyrana tried to kill herself,? she finally announced, sitting down heavily in a chair. She ran her sharp nailed fingers through long black hair. ?I found her in the ?freshers near the kitchens. She had slashed her own wrists. She?Oh Force! She told me not to touch her. She?she was so angry!?

Qui-Gon frowned at the news. He was desperately sorry for Lena and prayed Kyrana would pull through. But something about Lena?s story reminded him of Obi-Wan?s strange behaviour. He took a seat next to Lena and they both sat in silence.

?What about you?? Lena finally asked. ?Why are you here??

With only a slightly better hold on his emotions, Qui-Gon informed Lena of what had happened with Obi-Wan. The woman gave a small smile and patted Qui-Gon on the back. ?Looks like we?ll have to keep each other company then until we get some news.?

Qui-Gon nodded,

12. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    That was a truly amazing post!! It really was! I can't believe Obi almost killed her though! [face_shocked]

It was late. Qui-Gon shifted into a more comfortable position in his chair, sighing to himself. Tomorrow he?d get a proper bed in here.

?Master??

Qui-Gon?s head snapped up and his eyes met with Obi-Wan?s. ?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon prepared himself for another heated rant from Obi-Wan.

?Master?I?I?m scared. What?s wrong with me? Why?why do I feel like this? Why do I keep getting so angry??

Qui-Gon looked deeply into Obi-Wan?s eyes, searching for the anger that had been there earlier. Now all he could see was genuine fear.

Tears began to fall from Obi-Wan?s eyes. He tried to get up but he couldn?t move because of the restraints. ?Master,? the boy whispered. ?Help me. I don?t want to feel this way anymore.?

Qui-Gon brushed away Obi-Wan?s tears. ?I promise it won?t be much longer.? He sent calming waves over Obi-Wan, causing the boy to fall asleep. ?You?ll be okay soon.?

?I?believe?you.? /i]

:_| That's my Obi. Thats my boy. I knew there was something wrong with him! You have me hooked! Please update soon! This is an amazing story!! [face_love]

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Wow thanks Jess *hugs* :) I'm so glad you're enjoying it. If all goes according to plan, I'll update tomorrow :D

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *mouth hits floor*

There are no words to describe the brilliance of that post

*faints*

15. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen *hugs* Thanks :D Glad you liked it!

As promised, here's the next post :)

Twisted: Part Five

?Interesting,? T?Gaz said, checking some monitors. ?It seems as if the Force suppressant knocks out the drug?s effects as well.?

Qui-Gon looked up from a peacefully sleeping Obi-Wan to the Healer. ?We can?t leave him like this. It wouldn?t be fair on him.?

T?Gaz nodded. ?Oh of course! I don?t intend to leave him like this for an instant. Anyway, we are ready to start the first treatments now. We?ll need you to leave us for about an hour.?

A group of four Healer?s piled into the small room. Qui-Gon managed to pull T?Gaz out the room with him. ?Do you think you could explain to me exactly what it is you?re going to do to him?? Qui-Gon asked.

?Of course,? T?Gaz said. ?Basically what we?re going to do is give Obi-Wan each illness for each vaccine one at a time. The illness will run it?s course, we?ll give Obi-Wan a few days to recover and then give him the next illness. That way we should be able to break up the drug into it?s original components and it shouldn?t mix again. With each illness the combined effect of the mixed vaccines should decrease until we have Obi-Wan back to his usual self. ?

Qui-Gon nodded and looked through the window as the Healers worked on Obi-Wan. ?This won?t be easy will it?? he asked T?Gaz.

?I won?t lie to you,? T?Gaz said sincerely. ?It won?t be a pleasant experience. Seeing as this has never really been done before I can?t tell you how each step of the way will be. And what with Obi-Wan?s wounds from the other day??

?I understand,? Qui-Gon replied, cutting T?Gaz off. ?I suppose I ought to let you do your job. I?m going to return to my quarters briefly. Should Obi-Wan ask for me??

?Don?t worry, I?ll tell him exactly where you are and let him know you?ll soon return,? T?Gaz said warmly.

Qui-Gon gave his thanks and left. He wondered how Lena and Kyrana were getting on as he made his way home.

?Why don?t you tell me how you?ve been feeling recently,? Counsellor Jensa asked Kyrana. ?Can you do that??

Kyrana was curled up in a chair in Jensa?s small room, a blanket draped round her and a box of tissues just to her side and one clenched in her fist. Her eyes were red and puffy because she had been crying for hours on end. Even now there was the occasional sniffle from the girl but compared to earlier that morning, Kyrana had calmed down considerably. She too had been Force suppressed in order for her safety and for those around her but unlike Obi-Wan, she was still moody. Jensa didn?t know if it was because the drug had a different affect on Kyrana or if it was just something as simple as PMS.

?Depressed,? Kyrana said quietly. ?I?ve been real depressed.?

?What made you feel this way?? Jensa asked.

Kyrana shrugged. ?I dunno. I just feel depressed.? The teenager wasn?t in the most cooperative of moods today but Jensa didn?t really expect Kyrana to blurt out all her inner most feelings straight away.

?Kyrana did you ever talk to anyone about the attack you went through on Elmvanis?? Jensa asked.

Kyrana?s head snapped up, her body tense. ?No,? she said firmly. ?No, I won?t talk about that. That?s none of your business. No one has a right to know about that. It happened to me and me alone. No one else should know, it?s not for them to know.?

Jensa frowned. She hadn?t expected that. According to what Lena had told her, Kyrana was fairly open about those events after a good few counselling sessions. Maybe counselling this time wasn?t the way to get through to the girl. Maybe she needed the treatment Obi-Wan was having as well.

?Kyrana I want to help you. You have to tell me about some things though before I can help. Do you understand??

Kyrana relaxed. ?I know you only want to help. And I want help,? the small girl sniffled. ?I just want things to be the way they were before I ever went to that stupid planet.?

Qui-Gon was barely in his apartment ten minutes before t

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I would agree with you on that!

POst more please!!! I can't live like this!!

17. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] No... no! It-It can't be! Obi-Wan can't be dead! *falls at your feet* Please don't let him die!! :_|

That was so evil of you!!!! :( I'd be very angry at you, but unfortunately, I'm loving this story too much. :D

OBI!!!!!!!!! :_| Obi, come back!

18. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Well, at least I have a good excuse for missing so many posts this time: History and Psych tests :D

But [face_shocked] , did you just kill Obi? I don't think think you can do that.....Doesn't it violate rule # 2 of fanfic writing or something? 8-}

Anyway....Post soon!! :D

19. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Those who kill Obi must be WHACKED!!! Bad Ginger! BAD! I order you to post another post with a very alive padawan! Don't make me beg, because I will! :D

Oh, but it's great angst, Ginger! Great job on this story so far. I am enjoying every post (now that I am finally catching up!)

Obi

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: POst more please!!! I can't live like this!!

I honestly can't tell you how tempted I am to leave ya'll hanging for a wee bit longer... [face_devil]

Jess: I'd be very angry at you, but unfortunately, I'm loving this story too much.

Thank goodness you're not so mad you're gonna come after me with a pointy stick and jab me with it 'til I post! :D I'm glad you're loving it - makes posting all the more worthwhile :)

M: Exams suck!

did you just kill Obi? I don't think think you can do that.....Doesn't it violate rule # 2 of fanfic writing or something?

Wait hold the phone! There are rules!?!? :eek:

Thanks for reading! :) And I just wanted to say I LOVE the line in your sig about Werewolf hobbits! [face_laugh]

OTK: Those who kill Obi must be WHACKED!!! Bad Ginger! BAD!

Eep! No whacking!!!

I order you to post another post with a very alive padawan! Don't make me beg, because I will!

[face_mischief]

Oh, but it's great angst, Ginger! Great job on this story so far. I am enjoying every post (now that I am finally catching up!)

Thanks so much Obi! :D I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Well everyone I'll post eventually.

Only kidding ;)

Twisted: Part Six

With help from Mace, Qui-Gon made his way into Obi-Wan?s room. T?Gaz and his Padawan who remained in the room left immediately without any prompting, wheeling out various pieces of equipment as they went. Mace held Qui-Gon firmly by the shoulders as the broken hearted Master gazed on the lifeless body of his Padawan.

?Mace, could you leave for a moment?? Qui-Gon asked, not even trying to keep the agony out of his voice.

?Sure,? Mace said. ?I?ll be just out there if you need me.?

Mace retreated into the corridor where T?Gaz stood with his apprentice. Both looked despondent. Mace noticed a hypospray in T?Gaz?s palm. Mace gave the healer a questioning glance.

?It?s a sedative,? T?Gaz explained. ?Just in case.?

Mace nodded. ?Let?s just give him a little time okay? Maybe it?ll be alright.?

Mace had never doubted the words that came out of his mouth so much as he did in that moment.

Qui-Gon sat heavily on the edge of the bed, his eyes fixed on Obi-Wan?s pale face. Placing one large hand over Obi-Wan?s smaller one, Qui-Gon found that Obi-Wan was still fairly warm. He hadn?t been gone all that long.

How? How could?ve this happened? Why was Obi-Wan gone? Qui-Gon had never thought for even a moment that he might out live the boy. Only in his darkest nightmares had Qui-Gon had to witness Obi-Wan?s death.

But Qui-Gon hadn?t even been there to comfort his Padawan when the boy had most needed him. Qui-Gon hadn?t been able to soothe him or even be there to try and save him. He had been too preoccupied.

?This is all wrong,? Qui-Gon whispered. Tears fell unheeded down his face. ?This isn?t the way it should be!?

Sobbing uncontrollably now, Qui-Gon lifted Obi-Wan up in his arms and wept like a child. Normally Obi-Wan would hug back and offer all the comfort he possibly could. But now he remained silent, his arms hanging limply. Realising this caused Qui-Gon yet more pain and he unconsciously reached out to the Force. Without realising the damage he was capable of doing, Qui-Gon caused monitors to explode and the windows trembled and cracked.

Mace and T?Gaz entered. T?Gaz looked around the room in dismay. In the past couple of days his infirmary had been looking more and more like the site of a bomb explosion. Mace gently pulled Qui-Gon away, all the while quietly talking to his friend in order to help him calm down. Qui-Gon noticed what was going on around him and instantly the mayhem stopped. T?Gaz came forward, hypo ready but Mace waved him off.

?Come on Qui,? he said. ?Let?s just go and sit down okay? T?Gaz needs to carry out some tests now.?

Qui-Gon was easily led away, to dumbfounded and heartsick to argue and T?Gaz let out a sigh. ?Pascal come in,? he called

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    ZOMBIE!!!!

LOL!!! I was dying of laughter there!! Poor Yoda, *hugs* Great, I have hugged a cave troll.

More more more!! Kyrana snap out of it!!

22. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, now that that's over. 8-}

?ZOMBIE!? Pascal screamed and bolted out the door.

?DON?T LEAVE ME IN HERE ALONE WITH IT!? Mace yelled and fled after her.

Obi-Wan slowly sat up, aware of his pounding head, sore throat, aching chest and heavy limbs. His expression was one of confusion.

?What just happened?? he asked

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I was laughing hysterically after that bit! Hehe. I loved this post, mainly because Obi was alive, and non-mean! ;) Wow, but Kyrana... *slaps her across the face* Don't you DARE hurt my Obi!

Heh, loved this post!

23. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Whew. Okay, you're safe now. But for a minute I thought you were gonna leave him DEAD!!!! Yoda was kiling me in this post. Who ever said little green trolls cant have a sense of humor? :D

24. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: Glad you found it funny :D

Jess: Ahh I wouldn't kill Obi! Can you imagine what would happen to me if Qui got a hold on me!?!? *gulps*

OTK: Thanks for letting me stay safe ;) And yeah, Yoda's got a sense of humour alright :D

Twisted: Part Seven

Kyrana made her way to a speeder that was waiting just outside the Temple grounds. Dumping Obi-Wan in the back seat, she took the controls.

/Where am I going?/ she thought. Kyrana tried to move her arm in the way *she* wanted it to move but still she seemed to have no control over her body. /This is so frustrating! I?m a prisoner in my own body!/

Without access to the Force anymore, Kyrana was completely cut off from the world. She had tried contacting her Master but her voice only echoed around her own head. She could still see out of her own eyes and feel everything around her but she couldn?t control what her body was doing. Nothing in her life had ever been so frustrating. But who was it that was controlling her?

Kyrana drove the speeder at dizzying speeds and didn?t even bother to stop for other drivers. Kyrana couldn?t help but wish Obi-Wan would wake up and take control of the entire situation but he was out for the count. Kyrana cursed in her head. Things were looking very bad.

*?Would you please quit complaining,?* Kyrana?s nasty voice grumbled. *?You are such a moaner!?*

/Who are you?/ Kyrana asked. She was beginning to think that the other voice in her head wasn?t hers at all but the voice of whoever or whatever it was that was controlling her.

*?You?ll know soon enough,?* the voice said. Kyrana looked around and then the voice spoke again. *?It?s time to land.?*

The speeder parked up outside an old office block that had probably been home to only Coruscant?s vermin population for over a century. Kyrana watched on as she reached out, lifted Obi-Wan over her shoulder and began walking to a large entrance. Outside the speeder, the air stank of rot and sewerage. Kyrana saw some kind of dark black substance under her feet, making a slurping noise with each footstep. She didn?t want to know what it was.

When she reached the entrance, Kyrana noticed a trio of men, one large human, one hairy Togorian and one Twilek, standing waiting for her. The Togorian took Obi-Wan away from Kyrana. ?Such a heavy burden is too much for such a pretty little thing like you,? the Togorian said, and reached out to stroke one of Kyrana?s cheeks.

If Kyrana had been in control, she would have ducked away and given the ugly creature a drop kick to prove she wasn?t just a little girl. But because Kyrana?s body remained out of her control, she was forced to stand passively and endure it. Inwardly, Kyrana shuddered with revulsion. She hated being unable to protect herself, being unable to save herself from unwelcome touches.

?Come in, come in,? the large, greasy looking human said, giving Kyrana a lot of attention. ?The boss has been expectin? ya.?

Outwardly Kyrana showed no emotion. Even if she had been able, she would have controlled her expressions because she was a Jedi. Yet on the inside Kyrana trembled with fear. It was time to find out who it was that was controlling her and why.

Back in the healer?s conference room in the Temple, Qui-Gon gave Yoda the details of everything that the aged Master had missed. The ambassadors and everyone else with the exception of Mace and Lena had long since left to set up the equipment needed to locate the two missing Padawans.

?Know how long it will be until we can begin a search?? Yoda asked.

?Not until tomorrow morning,? Lena answered.

?Then get some sleep you will before then,? Yoda ordered Lena and Qui-Gon. ?Tomorrow will be a long day.?

Bowing to the Master, Qui-Gon and Lena left Mace and Yoda alone. ?Now explain to me you will why informed the entire staff of healer?s you did that a?zombie?had invaded the infirmary.?

Mace flushed with embarrassment but reluctantly began telling the tale that had already taken the Templ

25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] The Ambassador!!!!!!! [face_shocked]

I was expecting more of a "Who are you"
    "Obi-Wan, I am your father"

line more than it being the Ambassador! [face_shocked] 8-} Wow. Erm, wow. Wasn't expecting that there. Bowing to the Master, Qui-Gon and Lena left Mace and Yoda alone. ?Now explain to me you will why informed the entire staff of healer?s you did that a?zombie?had invaded the infirmary.?

Mace flushed with embarrassment but reluctantly began telling the tale that had already taken the Temple by storm.

Outside the room, Qui-Gon and Lena stood in the corridor muffling their laughter, using the Force to amplify their hearing so they could hear Mace?s explanation of the story. Yoda, of course, knew that the pair of Masters were there but said nothing. This little escapade of Mace?s would go down in the history books and Yoda wasn?t going to be the one to stop it.

[face_laugh] Go little swamp troll! :cool: 8-} Another marvelous post, as always. :) Man, I cannot wait for the next part!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.