main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Twists in sobriety", UDC XX complete now, a thanks to everybody!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Mar 26, 2017.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Right now I cannot change my text. I am at work & it is always very difficult using the mobile phone.

2. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DARTH_MU: No worries. Nagina is not on Alderaan around 19 BNY.

3. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Hm, given her ability to connect with shady figures, I'd expect her to be either with the rebels on Javin IV, or somewhere on the deathstar [face_nail_biting]... but I guess those are spoilers?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Now that I escaped death by a car on an underground staircase, I could spoiler you and everybody else. But I won't. Instead I try to go to bed, even though I am very excited after reading the news ticker of the Berliner Zeitung. The right choices made it possible for me to get home unharmed tonight.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Twists in sobriety”, drabbles 20:

Week XX

96. Outrage
    Sate Pestage is talking so loudly to himself that you cannot blend his voice out. “It's an outrage! Now she is having a birthday party on Chandila. And Gita invited half of the known universe for it.”

An Imperial guard is supposed to show loyalty to the Emperor only. You learned your lessons the hardest way imaginable. But the fact remains that Mistress Samye is the apple of your master's eye. If she got hurt in any way it would displease him immensely. But you cannot address the matter openly. You are forbidden to have own thoughts, to show initiative.

97. Outright
    You are outright honest with Krennic. Of course he acts according to the orders of the Emperor, but Nagina will always come first. Someone as gentle and caring as her needs all the protection that she can get.

Lately, the universe has gotten a much, much colder place. Not that you worship the Force or have been a supporter of the Jedi order, but a lot of injustice happens these days.

Crix and Berch share your opinion. If the three of you need to, then you will defect. You swore an oath to the Republic, not to the Galactic Empire.

98. Maps
    If there would be a place to hide Nagina properly from harm, then you would fly her there. But no such place exists on any of the star maps that you have in your possession.

“Head shot?” suggests Aurra.

It annoys you that the two of you share so much in life, even opinions. You should hate the female bounty hunter to the bone, but you cannot. Too many precious links exist between the two of you. The major one remains Nagina.

“This is her birthday party,” you argue. “Besides, I always liked me'suum'ika best alive.”

“Little moon”, echoes Aurra.

99. Keys
    Through the tears in your eyes you hardly can see the keys on the keyboard. Luckily, you know the security code of your neighbour's entrance door by heart. You once watered her plants when she and Barin were on holidays.

“Nagina?” you ask into the silence of the hallway.

Your pittin runs ahead of you, whining in a high pitched voice.

Then you hear him scratch against the door of the bathroom unit.

“Oh no!” you yelp.

But a part of you still hopes that the kindergarten teacher did not do something stupid when she heard of her husband's death.

100. Home
    Home is where the heart is. The problem is that you are supposed to be a heartless monster.

Gloomily, you stare out of your expensive apartment.

Out there in your vast Sith Empire a birthday party is going on.

You suspect that Gita made one of her best cakes in honour of Nagina.

What do you have to give your darling niece for this special occasion? Another forty-one years filled with misery and despair?

Fact is you cannot keep her as safe as you would like her to be.

Your enemies are legions and Krennic is helpless against Nagina's charms.

The WHO is Who”:
    96. Outrage = The Red Guard Kir Kanos on Coruscant (19 BBY).
    97. Outright = Dravits Draven in a rural area on Chandrila (19 BBY).
    98. Maps = Boba Fett in a rural area on Chandrila (19 BBY).
    99. Keys = Nagina's neighbour, the Twi'lek woman Aola Auyapgajo, on Coruscant(21 BBY).
    100. Home = Sheev Palpatine on Coruscant (19 BBY).

divapilot and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful and varied contexts. Congratulations on completing within the 20-week timeframe. @};- =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Maps:
    :boba: What are they up to? Headshot!

Keys:
    Oh no. [face_worried]

Home:
    I know there is good in you. Let go of you hate!

8. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Wow, very varied set there, very different emotions though I could think the common theme is regret or worry about where choices of the past lead.

In that last one, I picture Sheev looking out much like both Anakin and Padme looked out over the coruscant city scape in the climax of Revenge of the Sith. I feel sorry for him, even. Though he did it all to himself and the Galaxy. Yeah, think about your Empire of dust (cueue Johnny Cash to go with those cityscapes.). Even sadder, he won't, as we well know (or is this going to turn out to be AU?).

As usual, I like how Aurra/Fett/rogues in this story tend to have a certain deadpan humor and tend to be somehow played for a giggle. And Fett's caring attitude for Nagina is heart warming, I could almost start to care for this version of him ;)

Keys, aww, oh no.

In your latest update concerning Nagina, Draven seems to be about as much of an ass as Krennic, though with maybe somewhat better worldview. Here in Outright, we see more of his inner conflict, and it makes him more relatable.

Outrage has a grimm satisfaction in that anger from Pestage. I do hope he doesn't find a way to connect with Tarkin and harm her somehow.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice ending showing the characters relating to Nagina.
    Congrats for finishing

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for the praise and your precious comment!

DARTH_MU: Boba & Aurra would never really harm Nagina, but both think that a head-shot would be the best thing that can happen to her under the circumstances. Here an example from one of my vignettes, called "Closer than sisters":

The scope of your AS rifle 2000s is adjusted to her sweet, silly head. But you will not shoot. Later though, you will have to tell Nagina how easy it is to aim at her. Nothing to do with figure, but rather her pose and openness. She can be so careless when she is out in the open with a bunch of children.

Sighing, you let your entire rifle sink again.

Nagina should take better care of herself. And not just when it is about safety issues.

You snort.

Of course Nagina has fun. She always has been an outside person and she just loves children, no matter what their age is. But she seems to value her own life so little. And you would hate to see her gone.

Normally, you do not do the girl-friend thing. You are a loner, have been most of your life. Due to the circumstances that forged you.
    You smile, a trifle bitter.

Nagina is not a Force of nature, but more like a developing habit, or a drug perhaps. Silently, she tiptoed into your life, invading it step by step. Then, when it was too late, you noticed that you feel better with her around you, you need her around.

You turn away from the scenery on the farm and lie on your back, gazing up into Chandrila's afternoon sky. Relaxing, that is what she makes you do.

Nagina and you long for a normality that can never be. The universe is such a cold, cruel place. Especially for a female. If you would kill your friend right now, then all her sorrows and her never-ending fight would come to an end. She would die at her best, surrounded by people that love her. The best way to go really.

This is why also Boba thinks at times that death would keep Nagina safe from any more harm.

DarthUncle: It deeply touches me that the drabble "100. Home" makes you think of this scene:

It was not what I intended, but now I see that my drabble about a lonely Palpatine really has the same eerie feeling about it. But I indeed had a certain Johnny Cash song in my head:

I hurt myself today
    To see if I still feel
    I focus on the pain
    The only thing that's real
    The needle tears a hole
    The old familiar sting
    Try to kill it all away
    But I remember everything

What have I become
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know goes away
    In the end
    And you could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
    Upon my liar's chair
    Full of broken thoughts
    I cannot repair
    Beneath the stains of time
    The feelings disappear
    You are someone else
    I am still right here

What have I become
    My sweetest friend
    Everyone I know goes away
    In the end
    And you could have it all
    My empire of dirt
    I will let you down
    I will make you hurt

If I could start again
    A million miles away
    I would keep myself
    I would find a way

To write Fett and Aurra is fun most of the time, but there is a lot of language research involved, believe me. I can really recommend the following websites:

Mando´a dictionary

and, of course

The complete Wermo´s guide

"Keys" was tricky to write and the source of Palpatine´s greatest fear: Nagina being suicidal due to all her personal losses, old wounds and fear of the future.

The Dravits Draven and Orson Krennic history is long and complicated. Within the next updates of the main Nagina story things will get even more messy between the two of them, as already pointed out in my latest Disney challenge piece.

As for Pestage, he is an ass as always.

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks for sticking with me through all of those 100 drabbles plus the main Nagina story with all the side stories: the vignettes, the Disney challenge, the Celtic challenge 1 and the Celtic challenge 2.

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I too wanted to congratulate you on finishing the challenge! You really do have some amazing worldbuilding going on here, and I've enjoyed learning about Nagina and those close to her through your drabbles. Thanks for participating! :) =D=[:D]

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks, Mira_Jade for taking time to stop by and leave such a nice comment.

In between I wanted to stop writing altogether, but my husband DarthUncle, Kahara, earlybird-obi-wan, Darth Gangrenous & Darth_Furio told me to stay put.

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Then WarmNyota_SweetAyesha came back and I found new readers in Cowgirl Jedi 1701, DARTH_MU & DarthMarly.

Plus the frustration and uncertainty of others, such as CairnsTony & Hopefulwriter taught me that it is important to back up others at times instead of moaning all the time about a lack of readers.

And after a while a lot of other familiar faces came back to the fan fic boards such as Ceillean, brodiew & Lady_Misty.

Soon the place started to feel like home again after a long period of personal darkness for me.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Anyway, thanks everybody who read this thread and commented on it. I hope to fix my other drabble challenge with the Disney paintings soon, after I gave up on photobucket due to its new policy.

DarthUncle likes this.
  15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! These were all wonderful and creative. I really like how you have managed to make me see, possibly, a side of Palpatine that has a place for love and kindness. One person can truly change a galaxy.

Everyone is connected to Nagina, and she has love enough for all of them. Wonderful work! =D=

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for stopping by, dear divapilot, and for such a big compliment.

Perhaps my OC is too well connected at times, but I can tell you that kindergarten teachers always know tons of people past, present and even the future (for example new kids coming into the group and already visiting with their parents).

DARTH_MU and DarthUncle like this.
  17. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I must know.
    What happened in Keys?
    What is behind the bathroom door?
    Is Nagina all right?
    You can PM me if it's too spoilery for everyone.

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I can "spoiler" you with a PM that contains two stories about it, DARTH_MU:

Celtic challenge, song 2

Title:“I will never marry”, a Sheev Palpatine vignette with several parts

Story 4:“A pitiful sound

Summary: The greatest trickster in the universe must find out that he is mistaken. About a great many things. Everything that has transpired in the freshly started Clone Wars has not done according to his design. There was a casualty. Within his own family. Now he faces the heartbroken widow.

Time frame: The story takes place in year 1 of the Clone Wars (21 BBY).

The story takes place shortly after Nagina is back home again and hints out a bit what might have occurred.

The second story is about Nagina´s unusual "babysitters" that Sheev ordered to be around, because he does NOT believe in psycho therapy sessions. In his eyes they are a waste of time.

Title:“Girls just wanna have fun, a Nagina vignette

Author:@AzureAngel2

Co-Author and editor: DarthUncle

Time frame: The story takes place about 4 months after the start of the Clone Wars (22 BBY).

Planet of choice: Coruscant

Summary: In the middle of the night a member of the Separatist army, and therefore a war criminal in the eyes of the Republic, is ordered on an unusual mission. The person who sends her on that mission is not someone to be trifled with.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DARTH_MU: I just gave you two PMs with an already existing Celtic song 2 fic and another one with a Nagina update! O:)

There will be followed by a third PM with a spoiler concerning the Nagina sequel that I plan!

DarthUncle and DARTH_MU like this.