main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Twitch TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by heels1785 , Mar 26, 2017.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey everyone.

So I spend a lot of my time on Twitch TV watching broadcasts. I've come to accept that I am generally terrible at video games, so the next best thing is watching other people play them!

Wanted to create a thread in which we could discuss streams/channels that we enjoy, and also discuss Twitch events (Bob Ross, Power Rangers) that others may enjoy.

What I would like to avoid in the thread is self-promotion by streamers or affiliates/friends of streamers - so let's not go that route.

Currently, I spend most of my time in the following channels:

Dansgaming - a member of the N3RDFUSION team in Seattle, and a longtime Twitch/Justin.tv streamer. A variety streamer, which I prefer, and engages with his chat frequently. Some adult banter from time to time, but all in all, a very fun, honest, and relaxed stream.

TheAttack - this is Kevin Pereira's offshoot of Attack of the Show, while most of the G4 team has gone over to Nerdist. Kevin is behind the scenes a lot as the operating chief, but he's got a small, good crew of personalities who broadcast the main show on MWF, and do some livestreaming and other stuff throughout the week. Highly enjoyable.

AvoidingThePuddle - I don't miss many streams on this channel. Aris is a longtime member of the SoCal fight game community, and plays a lot of new and old fight games (SFV, Injustice, Soul Calibur II), and is one of the top Tekken players on the planet. Plays a lot of the Souls games, and streams a lot of GTAO Races late in the evenings. Humor and style may not be for everyone, but I enjoy it a lot.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Unfortunately, I don't watch Twitch streamers as much as I would like, because I don't have good enough internet to watch in high enough quality to make it worth my time, though YouTube streams work fairly well for me. However, I like plenty of streamers who also have a YouTube channel.

Some of the people I keep an eye on are several Star Citizen people, especially the Redacted group, in particular TheNoobifier1337, and also STLYoungblood. The Battlefield Squad Up group, LevelCap, Matimi0, Xfactor, and JackFrags (mainly Matimi0 and Xfactor, though I found the others through LevelCap). Several Factorio people including Xterminator, MadZuri, ColonelWill, MojoD, and Xeteth. Several Destiny people including Datto, Holtzman, and Ms5000Watts. Lately, since I finally got into StarCraft II recently, I also watch StarCraft II people, though the main people I used to watch when I didn't have the game, Day9, HDStarCraft, and HuskyStarCraft, don't really do much StarCraft anymore, so the only ones who have caught my attention are LowkoTV, Jayborino, and Deltron.

Ah, the G4 team, I miss that group.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I tend to follow games more than individual streamers and it's basically whatever multi-player games I'm into at the moment. So since Overwatch is my jam these days I really enjoy watching MoonMoon and AnneMunition whenever she streams it. Occasionally I'll tune into Hearthstone streamers like DisguisedToast or Kripp.

I don't normally watch single player games especially if they're games I plan to play myself at one point. What I will do, though, is watch someone stream a game I've already played to see how they play it and react to things. A recent one that comes to mind was when GiantWaffle played The Witness. That guy was either pretending to play it for the first time or is some sort of puzzle game genius because he was solving puzzles in that game faster than anyone I'd ever seen. :p

As far as events go, I watch the major SC2 and CS:GO tournaments If I have the time. GDQ is always fun too.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    A few other people I forgot are Hecthor Doomhammer, in order keep up with what is going with the Generals: Zero Hour mod, Rise of the Reds. I would argue that Rise of the Reds is Command & Conquer: Generals 2 in all but name. I am also rather fond of Hermitcraft, which I found through Sl1pg8r, Zueljin, and Dmac when ARK: Survival Evolved got started back in summer of 2015. Now I mainly watch Etho, Zisteau, Tango Tek, and Xisumavoid, since the others do more modded ARK than anything else. I also watch the brothers PartiallyRoyal and DemoStorm and their friends, though not as much these days, since I don't like how they treat ARK like Rust.

Many of the people I have already mentioned are more YouTubers than steamers, though there is a lot of overlap between the two groups. There are also a few others who are YouTubers that I feel contractually obligated to mention. Alysianah Noire is a Star Citizen YouTuber, and an amazing one at that, though RL has caught up with her as of late. Stuart Brown, aka XboxAhoy or just Ahoy now, it may take him as long as a few months between videos, but the wait is worth it for what amounts to documentaries on weapons or other video game related topics. Last but not least is Scott Manley, everyone's favorite Scottish space science dude.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Interesting! I frequent both Anne and Waffle's stream, as well. Both very good.

I generally stay away from the really heavily populated streams, unless it's for a tournament like Evo, just because the chat is often wretched.