main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Two become One - A look into life with Qui & little Obi (Mush) - updated - Nose Job - 12/22!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    A huge [:D] to Zonoma for helping me out with this. Thank you so much.@};-

Title: Two become One
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi & various OCs.
    Genre: Mush ? I hope!
    Summary: A Padawan chooses his Master. AU.
    Note: Written for the Qui ?mush? Challenge.

Disclaimer: Not mine, except in my dreams?

The Chosen One

Qui-Gon woke abruptly from his sleep and sat upright, his eyes wide open. The feelings invoked by the images lingered for sometime and it took a while for Qui-Gon to fully realise that it had been a dream. The same one he had been experiencing for some time now. He pondered that since he had returned to the Temple from his last mission they had increased in frequency and become much more vivid.

He absentmindedly ran his fingers through his hair and pushed the bed covers from his legs. Silently, he left his sleeping quarters and padded on bare feet to the kitchen, getting himself a drink of water. He looked around the dark room and moved to sit on a sofa. Clearing his mind, he took a deep breath and let the reverie return to him.

In a dormitory filled with sleeping younglings a small boy sat upright in bed, his eyes still closed. He wore a drowsy smile on his face and his arms were raised as if he was being lifted into the air. Slowly he lowered his arms and whispered one word, Master, before lying back on the pillow and settling into sleep once more.

A young woman with long dark hair and bright green eyes that seemed to light the room sat at the end of the dorm and watched the boy with interest. She smiled as she heard the words he mumbled, and rising from her chair, she made her way through the room. Checking each child in turn, she adjusted a cover here and there until she reached Obi-Wan?s bed. ?It is time,? she thought, gazing at the small form whilst releasing an almost undetectable sigh. This was what she wished for her charges but it was always hard letting them go.

?Come in Master Jedi, I?m Astara A?Fayth one of the crèche workers,? a young woman with piercing green eyes opened the door wide gesturing to Qui-Gon to come through.
    ?We have been expecting you.?

?You have?? the Jedi replied looking almost surprised.

?Of course,? Astara smiled at him. ?You?d like to see the children.? It wasn?t a question but a statement.

Qui-Gon nodded as Astara lead him to a large, pleasant room with huge windows through which the bright sunlight spilled. The children were eating breakfast, some still nodding and most sitting quietly. He had come to the crèche early and most of the younglings were still sleepy. All except one ? a little boy at the end of the large room who was bursting with energy. Qui-Gon stood silently, arms folded observing the running child who seemed all arms and legs, but with bright eyes that shone with excitement. He had come here because of a dream, he realised that perhaps the time had come for the dream to become a reality.

The boy stopped abruptly and turned, sensing Qui-Gon?s presence, at once he became still as if waiting for some order or command. Qui-Gon began to recall his dream, the visions of a boy, his boy, who would serve beside him. A child who was strong already with the Force, but in need of training, in need of guidance and in need of a guardian. In his dream the Jedi had never seen the boy?s face; everything had been communicated through feelings.

Qui-Gon brought his mind back to the present situation; the boy was still standing, waiting for the Master to give him a signal, a sign. Astara?s voice spoke quietly from behind Qui-Gon. ?You?ve got a live one there; he has so much to give. He?ll always have the strength t

2. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    That's the way I like my Qui-Gon mush - sweet!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww, a second read only makes it better. [face_love]

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable again. I loved that you added the extra parts. Made it lovelier!

Great job.

5. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I have to add my awwww [face_love] I always like when they know they will be Master and Padawan when Obi is little.

6. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    i also rather enjoyed reading this again, and i like the parts you added!=D=
    you said in the genre "mush, i hope!" well you certainly succeeded wonderfully!
    there WILL be more right? I HOPE so! if you DO expand, then please pm me when you update!

7. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Wonderful job sis! [face_love]
    Thou art indeed mushily blessed :D
    Seriously, I adored your lil obi- sooo cute! Qui Gon hadn't a hope- no one could resist that bundle of sweetness!

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet and so cute! [face_love] Such lovely Mush. Well done :)

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You've reduced us all to oohing and ahhing. Very nice.

10. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Awwww,little Obi is sooo cute. If you do expand and have a PM list I would like to be on it.

11. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful-I absolutly love it- If you decide to continue and are doing PM'S please include me.

-May the force be with you--

12. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Aww, that was sweet! Well done!=D=

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwww....that was just lovely

@};-@};- @};- @};-

14. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    How sweet! What a perfect moment! :D This wonderful little viggie made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Ah, mush!

Suddenly, Qui-Gon was surprised to hear a small voice in his head, faintly calling?Master.

A neat moment, very cool how you brought in the dream.

She knew he would soon return to the crèche after speaking to the council, the time was right ? the Padawan had chosen his Master.

And what a lovely way to end it! The padawan chose the master - a nice twist. :)

Very good work! =D= I look forward to more from you!

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I must add my "awwwwww!" to everyone else's. :D

That was indeed some lovely mush. And little Obi was just too cute! [face_love]

Beautifully done, Kestrel_Kenobi! :D

16. DriftingThread

DriftingThread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwwww![face_batting]

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    What lovely replies!

Aya-Na - I'm so glad you liked it.

Leona - Thank you!

dianethx - I'm glad you liked the extras!

jodiwent - Me too! Thanks for reading.

Obi-webb - I'm happy you liked my mush! :)

Stella-Ripple - Thanks Sis :D, lil Obi is pretty cute!

Layren - Thank you, glad you enjoyed.

Valairy_Scot - All the ohhs and ahhs are appreciated!

Genimay- Glad you liked lil Obi, no plans to expand on it but I'll let you know if I do.

kenobiwanobi- [face_blush] Thank you, will let you know if I continue.

Magenta- Happy to entertain!

Kelia- Thanks :)

Nienna- I'm really happy you liked this! Thanks.

Bastet - Thanks! I have a 3 year old myself so I was able to imagine Obi at around that age.

DriftingThread- Awwwwwwwwwwww! Thank you...My mush has served it's purpose!

Phew, hope that's everyone. Thank you all for reading!

Edit: stupid computer

18. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I loved sweet little Obi....and i have to add my own awwwwww for that one! Please add me to a PM list if there is one.

I can not get the image of a little golden haired angel running up to this huge Master and hugging him like that....I do so love mush!

19. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    AnakinGirl05 - Thank you! I hope you enjoy the latest post just as much!

I wasn't going to continue this but a bunny bit. Thanks again to my fab beta Zonoma @};-

As a side note Xanatos does not feature in this AU mush.

Together

It had been several months since Qui-Gon Jinn had taken Obi-Wan Kenobi to be his Padawan. Or rather, since Obi-Wan had called to Qui-Gon until he got the message. The Jedi Master chuckled a little now as he saw how foolish he had been not to realize earlier that a young one was reaching out to him as he had once reached out to his Master. He stroked Obi-Wan?s hair as the boy slept on the couch beside him in their modest apartment. They had been meditating together when Obi had fallen asleep, not uncommon for such a little one in a deep trance. Qui-Gon wished he could find sleep as easily, but was finding it hard these days.

He knew he should not question the Force bringing him and Obi-Wan together, and indeed he could not imagine an existence without the child, but he sometimes felt out of his depth. When Obi looked up to him with those innocent eyes and his hand in Qui?s own the Jedi felt such an overwhelming responsibility - not just to make the boy a Jedi but also to make him happy.

Qui-Gon rose, moving away from Obi-Wan to stand by the window and watch the sun as it started to set. He knew all to well that a Jedi?s path could be anything but happy, but he had such a desire to protect Obi-Wan from the pains of life. Perhaps, he mused, this was how a Father would feel towards his son. He wondered if this was how his Master had felt about him. Qui knew he was learning just as much from his young Padawan as his Padawan was learning from him. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, focusing on his path and Obi-Wan?s ? they were Jedi and this was the way of things.

Qui-Gon?s concentration was broken by a small hand tugging at his robe, he opened his eyes and looked down to find Obi-Wan beside him.

?Ah, I see you?re awake, my young Padawan.?

Obi-Wan nodded, looking slightly unsure of himself.

?I?m sorry I fell asleep again, Master.?

?It is to be expected,? Qui-Gon smiled at the boy. ?You have done nothing wrong.?

Obi hesitated leaning into Qui-Gon.

?What is it, Obi-Wan?? the Jedi Master queried.

?I had a dream,? the child replied. ?Only you?you?weren?t my Master. I, I was alone.?

Obi-Wan?s bottom lip trembled as Qui-Gon kneeled beside him stroking his cheek.

?Dreams often show us what we fear the most, my young one,? Qui-Gon spoke gently. ?And I will always be your Master, your friend, even when I am no longer of this world.?

Obi-Wan listened intently to Qui-Gon?s words as the Jedi continued.

?The fear will leave you when you accept it.? He faltered slightly realizing how much these words were for him as well as Obi-Wan. He stood moving to the kitchen.
    ?Dreams pass in time Obi-Wan; do not let them consume you.?

The boy followed him, his face creased in concentration as he took in his Master?s words.

?I understand Master,? he spoke slowly. ?But sometimes it?s hard.

?Yes, my Padawan,? Qui-Gon replied, lifting the boy onto the work surface. ?sometimes it is.?

There was a silence as Qui-Gon began to prepare the tea while Obi-Wan sat and watched.

?There?s something else, Master.?

?Oh??

?It?s about tomorrow.?

Qui-Gon?s lips twitched slightly as he understood what Obi-Wan was referring to.

?Ah, I believe you have a training session with Master Windu.

Silence.

Qui-Gon placed the mugs on the counter and turned until he was standing eye level with Obi-Wan.

?It is important that you have these sessions with other Masters, Obi-Wan. They show you that even though we are all Jedi we have our own individual ways. In this case, different ways of approaching combat. It is important to your training.?

?Yes, Master?? As Obi-Wan looked miserably at the floor, he unconsciously spoke across the bond the two shared.

Scary.

Qui-Gon muffled a laugh; Obi-

20. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I can tell you are a mother when I read this storyline and I am so very glad that you have chosen to continue it!

*runs off to hug her little boys*

21. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh, I loved this update just as much! I love the idea of Qui-Gon as this protector of Obi, it is very moving and sweet. And, being a mother as well...the emotion really strikes me as the same a father has for his son *sigh*

Oh, and and one more thing...I think Master Windu is scary too!! LOL!! Perceptive little thing there that Obi, eh?
    [:D]

22. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    You are absolutly amazing!=D= Beautifully done and as you can guess this means I got the PM.:D Hope to read more soon.
    But in the meantime....May the force be with you....[face_peace]

23. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    beautifully written kestrel! that was simply wonderful! =D=

24. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    When Obi looked up to him with those innocent eyes and his hand in Qui?s own the Jedi felt such an overwhelming responsibility - not just to make the boy a Jedi but also to make him happy.
    I loved that line, it really got across that parental feeling that you've got running through this, very nice!
    And I like how you tied in the dreams pass in time phrase, if obi had heard it in this context, makes sense why he'd tell Ani that!
    And Master Windu being scary [face_laugh] I love this obi, he's such a little boy- I mean that in the best sense- so innocent and reliant on qui *snifle*

Adorable work, and beautifully written, I'm soo glad you continued!!!

25. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I love reading fics that give me the warm fuzzies. [face_love] You know, like this one! :D

I?m so glad you?re my Master.

He turned to see Obi-Wan still asleep, but with a half smile on his face.

As am I, Obi-Wan. As am I.
    Awwwwww!! [face_love]

Thanks for making my day with this cute little fic, Kestrel Kenobi! I just have to say that I hope that wasn't the last bunny to bite you. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.