main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Two Canon ANH Comic Adaptations!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Orman Tagge, May 15, 2015.

1. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    It's just a web comic, not a major release. They're retelling a story we already know - with some added fluff for novelty's sake. The "new" content is inconsequential, or at least not so sensational that we need to worry about it conflicting with continuity. I think it's safe to assume that the story group isn't going to have major story developments be told in a format like that. Just because we can call it canon doesn't mean it's going to have a huge influence on things.

2. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Of course it can't have a huge influence, it is a korean web comic. Also, would you mind telling me what it's even about?

3. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    The original 1-6 Marvel, old or re-colored. I know that re-releasing old comics in re-colored, collected format is common. What the heck, man. So, that's one, counts as canon, right? Whichever version, same friggin comic, that's adaptation one of ANH.

1997 Special Edition is more accurate, to the look feel and dialogue of the movie. It's totally different, yet an full blown, bona fide adaptation of ANH. That would make it canon adaptation number two, correct?

Korean adaptation, with lots of extra bits, which people here are counting as another canon adaptation. A third ANH adaptation by that tally?! One, two, three?!

Three Canon ANH Comic Adaptations! Omg omg omg! Sheesh. FFS.

:(

4. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    Mm'kay. My, you're a touchy one. I wasn't aware I was coming off as daft as you make it sound. Not my intention to provoke that kind of response.
    Just wouldn't put those three comics in the same boat myself. To me, that Korean comic feels like a separate thing (outside the strict boundaries of canon), just like the upcoming "Princess, Scoundrel and Farm Boy". Or those Little Golden Book retellings for kids. They're canon too, but... yeah. The priority is to sell Star Wars to Koreans, kids, you name it. Whether it's in line with continuity up to the last detail can matter only so much.
    That's why, above, I wrote something about "official" as opposed to "canon". I don't really think these things are hard canon in the sense that someone's article on Wookieepedia will have to get updated to reflect whatever happens in them. People get the wrong idea, you know.

But yes, yes. One, two, three it is.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    It's an adaptation of ANH, told from Luke's POV, but with a prologue that includes a re-telling of the DHC story "Luke Skywalker's Walkabout" and some new material.

Surprisingly, it does not include ANH's Biggs scenes, which you'd think would have shown up in an adaptation focusing so heavily on Luke.

6. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Oh alright.