main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Two Darknesses (Palpatine/Sidious, OC, Two Months Before AOTC, Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CherryLightsaber, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Two Darknesses

Title: Two Darknesses
    Author: CherryLightsaber
    Timeframe: Two months before AOTC
    Characters: Palpatine/Sidious, OC
    Genre: Action/Semi-Introspective
    Keywords: clash of two Sith Lords, revenge
    Summary: As the stage is being set for the Clone Wars, Darth Sidious senses the emergence of a strong presence in the dark side.
    Additional Notes: Palpatine and Sidious might be referred to in the same scene. I use Palpatine when I am referring to the politician disguise. I use Sidious when referring to the Sith Lord.

Star Wars belongs to GL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the depths of Coruscant, in an abandoned factory in the Works, a carbon-freezing cell began its melting process. The left-handless human inside was freed from his prison, his tomb of gray coldness.

Set on revenge, he stumbled out of the cell, a fierce yellow in his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excellent, Lord Tyranus. Soon we may reveal the Separatists to the Republic, and we shall come one step closer to achieving our goals."

"Yes, Master Sidious. I eagerly await that time."

Sidious pressed a button on the holo device, and the image of his apprentice flickered and disappeared. The Sith Master pulled his hood off, eventually his whole Sith robe, revealing the deep maroon politician's robes. He was now the kind politician Chancellor Palpatine.

Tyranus was clueless to Sidious's true intent. He was only a disposable pawn, one that will be done away with when his usefulness ends. Anakin Skywalker, the one Palpatine has been manipulating ever since he arrived on Coruscant, would be his true prize, the one to rule with him when his Galactic Empire was created.

Everything so far was going according to plan. The Trade Federation's blockade and their defeat, all to make him Supreme Chancellor. The death of Darth Maul, to make way for another apprentice. The coming of a galactic war, to give him more political power.

At last, he was only a few years to the fulfillment of the plans of generations of Sith Lords. He would finish what Malak, Sion, and countless others had begun. Sidious would be the one to ultimately succeed. The Republic would be reformed. The Senate will be disbanded. The Jedi Order would be destroyed.

Nobody could stop him.

The door slid open, giving way to a certain young Jedi. Palpatine expected it. He told his secretary that Skywalker could be let in without appointments or permission. "Yes, Anakin?"

Anakin let out a sigh. "I felt like talking to you, so here I am." The boy had grown a lot since Palpatine first met him in person. Though his strength in the Force grew, his wisdom and maturity did not. Anakin would never discover Palpatine's identity as Darth Sidious unless he told him himself.

Palpatine smiled. "Of course, my friend. Speak, and I will listen. Have a seat."

The boy walked toward the chair and sat down without hesitation as he said, "It's the same subject, as usual. My master holding me back, the Council seeming to dislike me?"

"I once knew a boy just like you. He was human; always wanting more, defying his elders and superiors in the search for something greater," Palpatine said. "He died when I was your age? during the Hyperspace War." He was referring to his old master, Darth Plagueis. The part about the Hyperspace War was far from the truth.

Anakin joined him in small laughter. "You're not that old."

"Oh, I wish," Palpatine chuckled. "But let's get back on the subject. The boy never got what he wanted? because he was willing to wait for it. The lesson is that you must look for the opportunity, not wait for it to reveal itself. What I am saying might contradict what your masters say, but I assure you, my advice will come in handy."

Something in the Force struck him like a stone coming through the window. He felt a presenc

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I choose C. Absolutely awesome. :D Great work, Ella. :D :D =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    :) Is that your final answer? Thanks for your kind words, Meg.

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    That was an interesting story, I have to say :)

I really liked your interaction between Dooku and Sidious...plotting that is missing from the movies, and I really think your thoughts on their plotting would be accurate

And I really like how you had Sidious respond to this other Sith...

Excellent job!

5. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    I really liked your interaction between Dooku and Sidious...plotting that is missing from the movies, and I really think your thoughts on their plotting would be accurate.

Really? I never thought of it that way. I just wrote it as a way to start the scene and tried to make it sound right.

And I really like how you had Sidious respond to this other Sith...

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by that?

I appreciate your comments!

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    CherryLightsaber,

Sorry if I did not make my comments clear.

I guess I had trouble putting it into words....

Well I like how you had Palpatine react to this old Sith who tried to kill him. I liked the fact that you had Palpatine remain fairly calm while waiting for this guy...

and then the surprise on the guy's face to discover Sidious

And I thought it was good at the end when you had Sidious call in the guards, had him seemily clamly tell them that this guy had made an assisanation attempt on his life...responding in the Palpatine way (meaning as the plotting Supreme Chancellor)

I also thought your fight scene was awesome between the two Sith

7. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    No apology necessary. ;) Thanks for clearing that up.

And I thought it was good at the end when you had Sidious call in the guards, had him seemingly calmly tell them that this guy had made an assassination attempt on his life...responding in the Palpatine way (meaning as the plotting Supreme Chancellor).

Sidious was a great actor, and he perfectly executed his act as a politician who would place his Republic (note the 'his') for his life. I just tried my best to do that here.

Thanks again!

8. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    This was a really good read! I liked the interaction between Dooky and Palpatine, in particular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.