main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Two explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    CNN is reporting that there are reports of two large explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Looking at the screen, there are injuries.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hope that's not blood on the sidewalk I'm seeing on the TV screen right now...

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    FOX News (Shep's anchoring), is saying the HQ for the marathon is on lockdown.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Holy ****.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You really are the bearer of bad news.

Hope there aren't any deaths though if that's blood it seems unlikely.

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    CNN is saying that perhaps a half dozen people are injured. Obviously far fewer than could have been with that many people gathered in one place. Still, no one seems to know exactly what's going on yet.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The only good news is that it seems to be at the point of the race where all the late stragglers are finishing up, so there's likely not as many people as there would have been had it been earlier with the bulk of the runners crossing the finish line. Also doesn't look like these explosions were big enough to cause massive structrual damage.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sounds like these were very, very large ("felt blocks away") and outside of a hotel plus others. Damn...

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    ESPN piggybacking on CNN's feed just showed video of the actual explosion.

Edit: Summer Dreamer, yeah that looks like blood and it also looks like it was near a medical area.:(

12. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Oh that's ******* great.

13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    According to some reports, there have been dozens of injuries, including some people with limbs blown off.

I'm really fearful there's going to be a death toll from this. :(

Also, if any of you have friends or loved ones in Boston, everyone's being told it's better to text them than to call (less bandwidth).

14. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    MY PEOPLE NOOO

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    FOX was already eager to report three dead. Thankfully it seems none of the other news outlets are eager rush out and report such grim news yet and just stick with the 'serious injuries' line of reporting.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, was going to say that ESPN just came on with the location of the explosion and video and... that's not okay. If there are no fatalities, it will be a minor miracle but I hope that's what happens.

18. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Kind of like how you're eager to blast them already? I despise Fox News but let's not use this as a platform to bash them.

Souderwan and Bacon164 like this.
  19. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    This is like some Joker ****.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    This still shot from CBS's coverage of this came through my Twitter feed:

[​IMG]

21. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    The time will come soon. You KNOW it will.

22. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    That's horrific. I really hope there are no casualties but chances are there will be a few.

Also, I found about this through Yahoo! and FB and one of my first thoughts was "I wonder if Juliet made a thread about this already?"

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not 'bashing' them, all I'm saying is that other news outlets are showing some form of restraint in not reporting fatalities (of which there are none confirmed by anybody), which somebody on FOX's graphics team (because Shep sure as hell wasn't saying if there were fatalities when I turned off from FOX) evidently didn't have in posting a graphic on the screen that three were dead.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It has to be terrorists, and my gut is telling me home-grown, like the Oklahoma City bombing.

There are reports that several people's limbs were blown off. Other reports that unexploded bombs have been found at a hospital, either in Boston or NYC.

It also seems that the area that was targeted was for Newtown family victims. If that's true, this could have been done by conspiracy theorists who thought Newtown was faked to take away people's guns.

26. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    NBC is saying that this was at the point in which the world class runners had finished up, but the bulk of the regular runners were coming in.

Terribly sad. If this was intentional, which it appears to be, I hope the reaction is measured but firm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.