main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Two Friends Reunited (Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon) Humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi180, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi180

Jedi180 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Setting: 10 years after RotS

Rating: G

Okay, bear with me, everyone. This is the first time I've ever posted anything on these fan-fiction boards, so please let me know what you think. :)

The twin suns cast a light into the circular opening, awakening the Jedi Master from his deep sleep.
    ?Blast!? He yelled, trying to wave the sudden brightness away. After he was able to finally get the annoying dots out of his eyes, he tried once again to summon the Force to contact his former master and friend, Qui-Gon Jinn, the man who had died so nobly on Naboo twenty-three years ago. After trying unsuccessfully for the last ten years, he began to think Jinn was ignoring him, his presence was definitely in the room.
    Obi-Wan stormed around the room with a wild stare in his eyes. ?Master, you can not hide from me forever. I KNOW YOU?RE HERE!!! COME OUT AND FACE ME!!!!?
    Finally, a ghostly figure appeared. ?Well, finally you grace me with your presence!?
    Qui-Gon Jinn immediately raised his hands in a defensive posture. ?Now, now?Obi-Wan, remember??
    Kenobi didn?t wait for his former master to finish the statement. He charged the blue figure and wrapped his hands around Qui-Gon?s throat, yelling at the top of his lungs, ?YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!!!?
    Jinn pried his apprentice?s hands from his throat and threw him to the floor. After taking a moment to capture his breath, he spoke again. ?My, I?ve gone and made a mess of things again, haven?t I?? He lowered his head.
    ?Oh no, master! The Emperor now controls the galaxy. Your ?chosen one? is now known as Darth Vader. The Jedi are extinct. I?m stuck on this force-forsaken world! No, you haven?t made a mess of things!? After Kenobi finished his sarcastic tirade, he turned away from his master. ?Hate to say it, but I told you so.?
    ?Yes, you did, Obi-Wan, but there is a new hope! In another ten years, you get to teach Luke Skywalker.? Jinn smiled for the first time.
    ?I hope he?s not whiny like his father. I?d buy a blaster and shoot myself! I can?t teach two brats in my lifetime.?
    Jinn smirked and said to himself If you only knew, Obi-Wan.
    Kenobi glared at his former master. ?What was that??
    ?Nothing. Just?uh?uh?thinking of an old joke, that?s all.? His smirk returned to a frown. ?It is apparent the prophecy was misread.?
    ?Well, thank you, Master, for the scientifically ?duh? statement of the day!?
    ?Obi-Wan, if you think you?ve got it bad, how do you think it?s been for me? It?s a living Sith here! I can?t eat, drink, or sing the Irish drinking song! At least you can still do all those things! Be grateful for what you have and stop blaming me for your problems!?
    Kenobi thought for a minute then lowered his head in embarrassment. His master was correct. ?I?m sorry, Master. I suppose the Dark Side seduced me. There was no way you could have known about Anakin?s future. It was disrespectful of me.?
    Jinn closed his eyes and reassured his former padawan. ?It?s okay, Obi-Wan. If I were in your position, I would have done the same.? He patted Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?My time is short. I must rejoin with the Force. But, Obi-Wan, I must say one more thing before I leave you.?
    ?Yes, Qui-Gon??
    A large grin appeared on Jinn?s face. ?Have fun teaching Space Brat Junior!? His ghostly image faded away, laughing!
    Obi-Wan lunged at the image, but found nothing but empty air as he landed face first on the floor. As he sat up to recollect himself he thought, Just like Qui-Gon. Always had to get the last laugh.

Fin

2. Obi-WansApprentice

Obi-WansApprentice Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    BWAHA!! [face_laugh]

This was just as funny the second time! Well written and an....interesting take on what might have happened when Obi-Wan meets Qui-Gon on Tatooine for the first time in what...20 years? I particularly liked Obi-Wan's choking of Qui-Gon and his shout of "YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!" [face_laugh] I can just picture that. HAHA

Thanks for the laugh, Cuz! Nice introduction! Welcome to the fanfiction boards!

Obi-WansApprentice

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] Awesome! What everyone was thinking about Qui-Gon... "YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!" hee! Made my day :D

Welcome to the JC fanfic writers world!

~TJF

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    ?YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!!!?

That was simply magnificent! It's such a simple statement, but oh, I think Obi-Wan might really have felt that way. ;)

?I hope he?s not whiny like his father. I?d buy a blaster and shoot myself! I can?t teach two brats in my lifetime.?
    Jinn smirked and said to himself If you only knew, Obi-Wan.

Ah, Obi-Wan apparently didn't consider himself to have been a brat. Of course, no Master would agree with that judgement. :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Just what I needed this morning! :D

6. Jedi180

Apr 6, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind words. You've given me confidence to continue. [:D]

Obi-Wan'sApprentice: Glad you thought it was still funny the second time around. :) Thanks for all your kind words, cousin.

Trickster_Jaina_Fel: Yeah, I think everyone I know thought Obi-Wan would have that kind of reaction. [face_laugh] Thanks for the welcome.

Valiowk: LOL That is so true!

VaderLVR64: Glad I was able to bring a smile to your face this morning. :D

7. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    That was wonderful! I was laughing the whole way through!

Keep up the wonderful work!

Seven

8. Jedi180

Apr 6, 2005
    Seven:Glad I made you laugh all the way through it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

9. Artemesielle

Artemesielle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    SFHOUIDGYF!! XD I almost died laughing. "YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!"

*snicker, snerk, gut-busting laugh*

Poor Obi. *snicker* Bravissima!

10. Jedi180

Apr 6, 2005
    Artemesielle: Thank you so much. I'm glad you didn't die laughing. I hate to think people suffer life threatening injuries while reading my stuff.;)

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Definitely a good chuckle.

And a nice way to get started on these boards ;)

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    *snickers*

I could totally see that happening. Welcome to the boards!

13. Jedi180

Apr 6, 2005
    LadyPadme: Glad it made you chuckle.

Laura_Anu: I don't think there's a SW fan that doesn't see this happening. lol Glad you liked it. :)

14. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    As a fan of Qui Gon and Obi Wan, I was just going through some of the older fanfic pages, and I just HAD to bump this up, as it gave me such a laugh!

I love the "YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!!" line! Made me splutter with laughter!! [face_laugh]

Well done!!

15. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh] Made me laugh, too... ah, poor Obi. Never gets a break :p

I know, we know that Anakin's still the chosen one, but Obi-Wan doesn't, and he's still human for all he's a Jedi. He's got to be rather irked by having his friend/brother/student go ballistic on him, nearly wipe out the order he's devoted himself to for his whole life, and make him go into hiding on a horrible planet like Tatooine... and, yes, this was all started by Qui-Gon :p

16. StarryAngel

StarryAngel Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    That was great[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    I LOVED that! Just what I needed! That was WONDERFUL! You do indeed have great talent, and this being the first fic you've posted! I am most impressed.

?YOU AND YOUR BLOODY CHOSEN ONE!!!?

LOL!!!!! I swear, if it was possible to die laughing, I do believe you would not be reading this reply.

?Oh no, master! The Emperor now controls the galaxy. Your ?chosen one? is now known as Darth Vader. The Jedi are extinct. I?m stuck on this force-forsaken world! No, you haven?t made a mess of things!?

lol, Having a bad day, he seems to be. I adored this! Just genius!

LOL!! LOL!!!! Luke---Not whiny!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

It?s a living Sith here! I can?t eat, drink, or sing the Irish drinking song!

Aw, poor Qui Gon! Can't sing his drinking song. :_|

?Have fun teaching Space Brat Junior!? His ghostly image faded away, laughing!

lol, Just the thing Qui Gon would do. I have enjoyed this immensly, and I look forward to seeing any of your other fics on these boards.

Jasmine @};-

18. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    I know what you mean - I love Obi Wan and Qui Gon, but that line just cracks me up! I thought it was hilarious!!! :D :D :D

19. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    I'm going to bump this up for anyone who hasn't read it and who might want a good laugh... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.