main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Two Lukes - viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PonyTricks, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This short piece was written for Kayladie97 (who seems to have disappeared lately.. *looks around* ) because I promised her I'd write a NICE Luke short story after I wrote that evil Halloween little Ben story back in October. So, if you ever read this, Kayladie, this is for you. ;)

And, of course, a BIG THANKS to Jedi-2B for always being so nice and betaing my stories! :D

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Poor Luke. He must have been so embarrased upon learning Leia was his sister. [face_laugh]

But, two Lukes? :D I like that idea! ;)

And like him having an idea of Mara, years before.

This is a horrible reply. I'm sorry. Basically, I really liked it! :)

3. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I loved it. I'm a big Luke fan, too. I think that was a very original idea. Wonderfully written as always.:D How about a nice H/L viggie!!! Kinda like a post-full blown romance. Some people have been very mean to H/L lately. Uh, me included.[face_whistling]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I like the idea of an older Luke paying the younger Luke a visit to make sure he stayed on the right path.

Very nicely done

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Older Luke certainly learned to talk like a Jedi- never really answering the question.

Nice to see another PT story.

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Very nice viggie! Loved that the only thing Luke had in mind was Leia. :D

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Lovely viggie!

Young!Luke was appropriately naive, reckless and insolent, and Older!Luke was, well...perfect. [face_love]

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    :* :* :* :* :* :*

TWO LUKIES!!!!!!!! TWO!!!!!!!!!!

I love the idea ;) LOVED the scene with Luke and his future self, even insolent to himself, isn't he?

Hehehhee loved him getting an idea of Mara....and thinking it was stupid idea that Han and Leia marry...:-D

*runs off with both Lukies*

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Luney, you frighten me sometimes. :p

I'm with RM; Luke sure learned that Jedi-speak well. :p I never thought about Luke actually being tempted to take Han up on his offer. Definitely possible. [face_thinking] Great vignette. :D I hope kayladie peeks in, because I'm sure she'd love it. :D

10. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *hugs Lukies close* Well TWO Lukies is even better than one. ;)

11. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    :eek: [face_blush] :D [:D]

Wow! I am so surprised and touched that you dedicated this to me! And yeah, I have been kind of absent lately...I blame the incredibly addictive Smallville and the amazingly gorgeous Tom Welling... =P~ :p

But I still love my Lukie! And you got him wonderfully at these two such different stages in his life. I liked Young Luke's little snark about Older Luke liking that phrase, [face_laugh] TOO funny. And you know, I'll bet Luke really was tempted to just go off with Han and not have to think too hard about anything for a while. Guess the Rebels are sure glad that he didn't!

It must have been interesting for Older Luke to be able to look back and recall where he was and what he was thinking, even if the remembered thoughts about his sister did make him uncomfortable. :p

Wonderful story, MarySue! And I must have missed the one you and Michele wrote together. If the two of you collaborated, it musta been something else. Send me that linkie, please!

12. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Wonderful viggie!

I like how Luke "saw" Ben and Mara in his future.

And I would have loved to see Leia's reaction if Luke told her about her marrying Han!

13. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    WOW! Ten responses to this? *face shock*

ginchy - And like him having an idea of Mara, years before.- LOL! It might have been older Luke's idea to discourage his younger version from having those types of hopes with Leia. ;)

kimmi - How about a nice H/L viggie!!! Kinda like a post-full blown romance. Some people have been very mean to H/L lately. Uh, me included- [face_laugh] - Yes, you have been very mean to poor H/L! But the last two stories and one viggie I've written have had H/L mush in them. [face_love]

KELIA - I like the idea of an older Luke paying the younger Luke a visit to make sure he stayed on the right path. - Thank you. :) - I was worried that Luke fans would say, "no way did Luke ever consider heading off with Han". I think he might have briefly entertained the notion. [face_worried]

RebelMom- Older Luke certainly learned to talk like a Jedi- never really answering the question. - Older Luke is a lot like Obi-Wan in that way. :-B

Golden_Jedi- Loved that the only thing Luke had in mind was Leia.- He was rather smitten with Leia up through Hoth. [face_sick]

JadeLotus- Young!Luke was appropriately naive, reckless and insolent, and Older!Luke was, well...perfect- Thank you! When I was writing this, I kept wondering how much Older Luke would reveal to Younger Luke, and I tried to make it balanced. [face_shhh]

padawan lunetta- TWO LUKIES!!!!!!!! TWO!!!!!!!!!! - [face_laugh] If one is good, two must be better! :p - LOVED the scene with Luke and his future self, even insolent to himself, isn't he? - Yup! Older Luke might have been tempted to smack Younger Luke. ;)

Gabri_Jade- I never thought about Luke actually being tempted to take Han up on his offer. Definitely possible- I think he might have been, even if just very briefly. After all, facing the Death Star was a SCARY thing! [face_skull]

kayladie97- THERE you ARE! [face_laugh] - I felt guilty about that mean Evil Little Ben story, so I had to make it up to you! :D I'll bet Luke really was tempted to just go off with Han and not have to think too hard about anything for a while. Guess the Rebels are sure glad that he didn't! - For sure. As Threepio would say, they'd be DOOMED! :p - It must have been interesting for Older Luke to be able to look back and recall where he was and what he was thinking, even if the remembered thoughts about his sister did make him uncomfortable- Older Luke was probably tempted to tell his younger version, "Stay away from your sister! - That would have shocked Younger Luke, wouldn't it? :eek: I will send you a PM with the link to "Perfect Pairs". It has LOTS of Luke and Mara in it, so I think you'll enjoy it.

Liesl- I like how Luke "saw" Ben and Mara in his future.- It was Older Luke's version of steering Luke away from thinking so much about Leia. - I would have loved to see Leia's reaction if Luke told her about her marrying Han!- [face_laugh] - She would have turned her sharp tongue on poor Luke, that's for sure! :D

14. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] When I read that, I heard the voice of the Count from Sesame Street. And that made me think of a certain other story of yours, PonyTricks. ;)

Anyway, I really liked this viggie. Older Luke showing younger Luke a glimpse of his future is so cool!

I especially liked this part:

"Reward? You mean money? The end of the Empire?"

The older man turned and waved, and an image of a woman with red hair appeared, holding the hand of a young boy about seven or eight years old. "No." He shook his head. "I mean love and family." And with those words, the Jedi and the woman and child faded away.

[face_love] Lovely.

Great work! =D=

15. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    That was very nicely done. Now how about a nice long H/L story? Please?

Arkady

16. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    amidalachick- When I read that, I heard the voice of the Count from Sesame Street. And that made me think of a certain other story of yours, PonyTricks.- LOL! Are you referring to Count Dooku? ;) Thank you for reading. :D

Arkady- That was very nicely done. Now how about a nice long H/L story? Please? - :D - Somebody had better throw a plot bunny my way. Even a wicked, evil plot bunny will do. [face_devil] :D

17. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    ooo nice... farmboy meets hero. Such different worlds, yet the idealism is still there... in both of them...

I like the "But you won't shoot him... because you're going to marry him" bit. That had me laughing really, really, really hard. :p It's just so fitting for Han and Leia's realtionship.

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    You'd think I would've checked more often for when this would be posted, huh? :oops:

"Your destinies are intertwined."

"You like that sentence, don't you?"

I liked it, too! Very 'certain-point-of-view Jedi-Master-ish.' Good job, Mary. And I'm glad Kathy found it. :D

19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Lovely viggie. :) I love the idea of the two Lukes, one old, one young. You can see the difference of them, in the way they talk, but at the same time they're the same. Nice writing there! =D=

20. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    LOL! Are you referring to Count Dooku?

Yes, I am. [face_mischief]

21. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Calandria- Such different worlds, yet the idealism is still there... in both of them... - So true. I like the "But you won't shoot him... because you're going to marry him" bit- [face_devil] - Young Luke probably just thought it was still the influence of a strange 'dream'. ;)

Jedi-2B - Very 'certain-point-of-view Jedi-Master-ish.' - Older Luke sounds a lot like Obi-Wan. But he was careful not to say TOO much. :D

Mar17swgirl- You can see the difference of them, in the way they talk, but at the same time they're the same.- Yup! The Young Luke is like milk, and the Older Luke is like cheese. o_O *PT is confusing herself* :p

amidalachick- hehe. I know... :cool:

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I like the idea of Luke the Jedi Master paying a visit to his younger whiny self ala the Ghost of Christmas future. Well done! =D=

Good post! :)

23. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I had to read this twice before posting. Needed to give each Luke his deserving end of equal attention. Eh emm...[face_batting]

Wonderful vig, PT! =D=

And I thought one Luke was enough? Nuh uh...[face_not_talking]

I really loved seeing Luke at both spectrums. The youthful innocent and the wise Jedi. It's nice to see that character's arch and growth. Must agree, old Luke has certainly got the vagueness down pat. Young Luke asking about Leia was too funny. If he only knew!

Seeing Mara and Ben was an unexpected treat! All around, loved it!=D=

24. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Awe, this was a great story!! Intertwined destinies, eh? It's a small galaxy after all.

At least Luke thought so, since everyone over thirty looked ancient to him, anyway.

I love that line. Great job. Love it to the end! =D=

25. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    DaenaBenjen42- I like the idea of Luke the Jedi Master paying a visit to his younger whiny self ala the Ghost of Christmas future- LOL! I never thought about the Ghost of Christmas future. Thanks! :D

MirandaFair- Must agree, old Luke has certainly got the vagueness down pat. Young Luke asking about Leia was too funny. If he only knew! - That's for sure. Good thing when Luke did find out, he was in a swamp and had time get over his embarrassment.

SkalenFehl- Intertwined destinies, eh? It's a small galaxy after all. - *hums* It's a small world after all.... it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world.....* :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.