main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Two-Onebee : Response to Write/Rewrite Challenge (Luke & Leia)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Title: Two-Onebee
    Author: Jedi-Lover
    Era: Saga: Original Trilogy
    Challenge: The Official Write/Rewrite Challenge: New Challenge posted 2/8/12 :
    Take only one scene from the original trilogy--preferably one of your favorites--and write it from a unique point of view.

Author note: I have no idea why this popped into my head.

~~~~~~~~
    PATIENT: Luke Skywalker.
    The patient was seen by Two-Onebee at approximately 1045 hours standard time.

CHIEF COMPLAINT: Lacerations and crushed mandible sustained in Wompa attack. Hypothermia, mild frostbite of fingers, contact dermatitis on face and hands most likely resulting from exposure to tauntaun caustic stomach fluids.

HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: The patient is a 22-year-old male admitted to infirmary in a semi-conscious and delirious state. When asked to describe his pain on a scale of 1 to 10 the patient responded with ?Ben!? Two-Onebee assumes the patient?s broken jawbone resulted in an inability to talk clearly. Two-Onebee translated his response as ?Ten? and administered 500ccs of pain reliever quickly rendering the patient unconscious. The patient had no other complaints at that time.

PAST MEDICAL HISTORY: The patient has no past complaints of Wompa attacks on record.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION:
    VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure 136/76, pulse 54, respirations 19, temperature 95.5.

GENERAL: The patient is a very well-developed, well-nourished white male.

EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT COURSE: The patient had an uncomplicated emergency department course. The patient received a 12-hour emersion in bacta. Upon completion of bacta emersion patient had no further complaints and stated he felt much better shortly thereafter. Blood samples were taken for routine testing.

AFTERCARE AND DISPOSITION: The patient was placed in recovery room and allowed visitors. He recognized his first three visitors: Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo and Chewbacca. Patient appears to have full memory recovery and cognitive abilities. The only significant variation in patient?s blood pressure and heartbeat occurred when Princess Organa provided the patient with an open mouth kiss. One curious aspect to the above mentioned interaction is patient?s DNA profile is very similar to the DNA profile on file for Princess Organa. Two-Onebee estimates the probability of siblingship between Patient and Princess is above 90%. This type of interaction between siblings is usually deemed objectionable among humans, but Two-Onebee?s research on consanguinity regulations show huge variations in laws between various planets?especially among royal families.

Patient released with no medical restrictions.

JainaSoloYJK and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh] I loved your funny take on a rather serious scene in the OT. I love reading from the POV of droids. Well done =D=

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I just left a comment on your LJ, but that was a comment on your concerns.

I love this. So original to see it done from Two-OneBee's POV!

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOLOL!!! Toooooo funny, girl. I love it!! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Such a creative response to the challenge!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] Droids' POVs are so much fun.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was a very unique and refreshing peek at Luke's treatment.

I especially loved Two-Onebee's observations.

Great response to the challenge

=D==D==D==D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved that droid and his witty remarks about his patient and the DNA profile

8. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :D

As someone who has seen too many of these forms in RL, this was a very fun twist. I grinned at the medical-ese speak. Fun viggie!

9. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    PAST MEDICAL HISTORY: The patient has no past complaints of Wompa attacks on record.

ROFL!

GENERAL: The patient is a very well-developed, well-nourished white male.

Oh, yes he is!=P~

Very nice, JL!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh, JL! YOu could do a droid centric diary too. Preferably commentary on Luke's - erm, chaotic love life and obliviousness when it comes to certain jade-eyed goddesses of love [face_laugh]

Woohoo! Too great of a response to the rewrite challenge!

(Mara could so rib him up one side and down the other) rofl!!!!!

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

When asked to describe his pain on a scale of 1 to 10 the patient responded with ?Ben!? Two-Onebee assumes the patient?s broken jawbone resulted in an inability to talk clearly. Two-Onebee translated his response as ?Ten? and administered 500ccs of pain reliever quickly rendering the patient unconscious. The patient had no other complaints at that time.

[face_laugh] I'd certainly think so.

How original and entertaining! Very enjoyable.

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005

Toooo funny! This is a hoot. Thanks for such an entertaining insight into what's clearly the most awkward scene in the whole series.

13. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    I love it!!! It's so funny:).

14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
  15. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Brilliant!!! [face_laugh]

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh, this is hillarious! The translation of 'Ben!' to 'Ten' is pure comedy gold. [face_laugh]

And the commentary on The Kiss....[face_rofl]

17. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Couldn't go by without reading this one. I'm so glad I read it. Original, well-thought out, funny and interesting to boot.

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am sorry I have not replied to all these wonderful reviews. Before the move I usually only ventured into the BEYOND board, so I wouldn't see the reviews for this fic and then after the move I forgot all about this...until I saw J_Girl's review. Thank you very much everybody. I really appreciate the kind reviews. I never found out who won the colors for the write/rewrite challenge. I hope they start up the challenge again. I liked writing things I wouldn't normally write. I pretty much stick to L/M fluff/angst/romance/bootknocking if I am not challenged to write something else.
    Thanks again! [:D]