main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Two places at one time...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by synasp, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Um.... How does Sidious and Palpatine jump from place to place all the time?...... Is one a clone or something?.... what's going on?..... I'm confused...... I think it would be suspecious for a Chancellor to go AWOL randomly all the time, especially since they would monitor all his movements....... and then Sidious pops up everywhere else.... hm......

2. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Probably what got you confused was that there was a certain amount of time he got from one place to the other that didn't need to be documented in the film, so it just seemed as if he was in two places at once, but really it was hours later.

3. synasp

synasp Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    hm... yeah, I considered that, but to get from one place to the other, he would still have to constantly be AWOL from the senate... someone of such high importance would be watched by bodyguards or at the very least the press, no?..... <shrug> just an idea.. :D

4. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    He's probably watched yes, but since he can could the whole Jedi Council, I don't think he'd have a problem making a few guards and aides think he's just sitting around in his office or apartment, when he's actually away being Sidious.

5. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, the only place we have seen both Palpatine and Sidious is on Coruscant. The atmospheric vehicles seem to be fairly fast, and I am sure that they have vehicles that could pop out of the atmosphere, orbit the planet, and be anywhere in a matter of minutes, if not hours. All the shots of Palpatine are in the daylight hours, and all the ones of Sidious are at night/dusk. We don't know what time it is when he is talking to Nute Gunray via hologram, but that could be transmitted from anywhere.

Also, we see Palpatine at his office, but surely he doesn't live there. He never goes home for a few hours? Does'nt have the weekends off? The congressmen and senators for the United States certainly aren't in session 24/7, and find plenty of time to dabble in their own "Dark Side"....

6. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    I don't know if you noticed this synasp, but his body guards are the red armored royal guards. So he's probably already taken control of their minds via the dark side or something. This guy is pretty damn sneaky. Even the Jedi don't know he's the Lord of the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.