main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Two Questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by ScaPaCamem, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    1. I have bryce right now but I was thinkin about getting Vue for enviroments because i use 3d landscapes a lot in my film. Do you recommend this choice?

2. In my more recent film I am creating 3d room in BRYCE. The room is for my star to work in. Work on his saber and other devices. Now it is a wip and i don't know where to go from here. Basically I am asking two things here. What do you recommend I change? ANy ideas what else i Can put in?

Before you look at this keep in mind that this is Bryce and a wip. The textures are defintley a wip. The cylinders are pipes that i just started.

Here is the pic

Edit-
    Link doesnt seem to be working.

www.freewebs.com/filmideas/work.jpg

2. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    add a table, maybe some type of thing to sit on, something on the ceiling (maybe vents or something) possibly a "computer" on one side, a bed, i dunno, whatever seems to fit.

as for your first question, i personally like bryce alot, so thats what i'd stick with, but i dont really have anything to compare that to i guess...

3. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
  4. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    anyone else? I am trying to post an update of the pic but having some diffuculties.

edit- update: http://www.freewebs.com/filmideas/work.jpg

5. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    There's also Terragen which is pretty nifty. Maybe not as full featured as Vue but cheaper and what it does, it does well:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

6. ScaPaCamem

Jul 10, 2003
    Yea I was thinking of purcahsing the completed version of Terragen when it comes out.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Delineate the windows from the walls. Windows have frames. Break up the wall into different panels and put frames all the way around the windows. You can just do this with a texture and bump map or you can actually model the individual sections by extruding lines into the surfaces.

Otherwise, you should have more junk. It doesn't need to be identifiable. Just stuff to fill out the room. It's really bare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.