main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Two Sides of the Same Coin--Crossover with Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Post-TPM--Siri, Cissnei

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZoraKenobi, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZoraKenobi

ZoraKenobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2011
    Title: Two Sides of the Same Coin
    Author: ZoraKenobi
    Length: One-shot
    Star Wars Timeframe: 2-3 years post-TPM, within a year after Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
    Final Fantasy VII Timeframe: 1-2 years pre-Crisis Core
    Characters: Siri Tachi and Cissnei, Cameos by Zack Fair (pre-SOLDIER and mako infusion), Tseng, Reno, and Rude
    Genre: Crossover, General, Introspection, a little angst
    Summary: Newly knighted Siri Tachi is sent on a mission to investigate an unknown planet and winds up working with fledgling a Turk called Cissnei.
    Disclaimer: Final Fantasy belongs to Square Enix. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and Siri belongs to Jude Watson. My muse is to blame for the order the words fell into place.

Author's Notes: I have no idea how widely Final Fantasy fans overlap with Star Wars fanfiction writers and this is also my first attempt at a crossover so I'll go ahead and put a quick rundown of important Crisis Core terms if anyone who doesn't know the fandom is interested in reading (or has and needs a refresher) but would like some background information (mainly because I've read some crossovers where I didn't know one fandom and I wished I didn't have to Wikipedia everything :p). Since it takes place before the series, there won't be any major spoilers to the games. If you haven't played Crisis Core but have played the main Final Fantasy VII game, than you'll probably understand most everything just fine, just know that Cissnei is a Turk, Tseng isn't leader yet, and AVALANCHE is a whole lot nastier before Barret.

~*~*~*~

Terms:

Cissnei: The newest and youngest member of the Turks at 16. She has been in the force a few months. Her weapon of choice is a giant shuriken (ninja star) which she calls Rekka. She was orphaned at a young age and raised in Shinra.
    Turks: A group of people who work for Shinra. Attire is a standard black/midnight blue business suit and tie. They are an elite force trained to perform special operations on Shinra's behalf, such as kidnappings, cover-ups, and assassinations.
    Department of Administrative Research: The formal name for the Turks' department. Currently headed by Veld.
    Midgar: The largest city on the planet (Gaia) and where Shinra is located. The main city is housed on a large plate suspended above the ground, beneath it are the slums. People in the slums are sometimes referred to as being from "beneath the plate." Run by Mayor Domino, though it is evident to everyone that he is nothing but the face and Shinra is calling the shots.
    Shinra Electric Power Company: The giant company responsible for bringing power to Midgar and other towns by creating reactors. It is run by President Shinra and his son. It has its own fighting forces, weapons development, and the beginnings of a space program.
    AVALANCHE: Terrorist group destroying reactors in an attempt to thwart Shinra. It is currently headed by Elfé.
    Professor Hojo: Let's just go with mad scientist and leave it at that. ;)

I think that's about it. All other terms are either names of other Turks or cities and towns. If you feel that there's anything that's confusing and should be added up here, feel free to let me know. :)

~*~*~*~

Two Sides of the Same Coin

Eyes blazing with cerulean fire lock with cold amber ones. Two pairs of booted feet pace in endless circles around each other, both fighting for the upper hand in a silent battle of wills. One walks with her arms crossed and with slow, privileged steps while the other walks more cautiously, keeping one hand over a strange cylinder on her belt as if it is important. She is probably some poor soul from beneath the plate who thinks a short piece of pipe is a worthy weapon. And her clothing looks outlandish enough to be from a scrapheap.

A light breeze blows lose tendrils of hair across their vision, but neither chooses to look away. The fresh aroma of plants in the foreign land invades t

2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I am unfamiliar with Crisis Core (sounds like a game my son would enjoy :) ), but I became interested when you put Siri in it. This was very interesting, and you wrote it very well. The info about Crisis Core at the start helped also. I liked this..will there be more, or is this the whole thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.